The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There has been no mention of anything new beyond what is currently in Orlando with phase 1.  What is in Orlando today, will be in Hollywood in 2 1/2 years.  Universal Hollywood is touting this as 3 separate attractions: Hogsmead (which includes Olivander's, Honeyduke's, and Three Broomsticks), Hippogriff, and Forbidden Journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I heard Great Hall too, but from what I'm hearing Jim Hill was correct in that it'll be a little more focused on CityWalk access.

Now that it's finally out there I can honestly say Hogsmeade is the worst placement of anything ever and is so dumb it makes me want to rip my eyes out but USH and it's limited space what can you do? I do seriously wonder if they'll have something in there to prevent people from crossing thru the land to get to the Studio Tour. (most likely)

I think they must find a way to open up that area, congestion is gonna be worse than ever in the park. In summer the New York area gets very congested. Now putting the exit/entrance of Potter and the whole traffic to the lower lot in the same place it's calling for trouble. Is there any regulation to avoid this?? I mean it's California and I assume they want to avoid that in case of an emergency to evacuate the park Imagine all people trying to get out from Potter and the Lower Lot...

I think they must find a way to open up that area, congestion is gonna be worse than ever in the park. In summer the New York area gets very congested. Now putting the exit/entrance of Potter and the whole traffic to the lower lot in the same place it's calling for trouble. Is there any regulation to avoid this?? I mean it's California and I assume they want to avoid that in case of an emergency to evacuate the park Imagine all people trying to get out from Potter and the Lower Lot...
I agree. Especially in California, it's kind of scary being in an ultra confined space. Although I'm sure they'll have emergency exits from Wizarding World that they can open up when need be.

Perhaps the cul-de-sac idea is for the better. Imagine the Studio Tour and WaterWorld crowds exiting each respected attraction at the same time, the first place they're going to hit is WWoHP and it's going to be an overcrowding nightmare. Better off keeping each separate, that opens up more options throughout the park instead of all spilling into/next to Potter.

Perhaps the cul-de-sac idea is for the better. Imagine the Studio Tour and WaterWorld crowds exiting each respected attraction at the same time, the first place they're going to hit is WWoHP and it's going to be an overcrowding nightmare. Better off keeping each separate, that opens up more options throughout the park instead of all spilling into/next to Potter.
Didn't think of it that way, but that's probably what their thinking was.

wwwhat.... give us a pic of the model.
The fact that the model exists and Universal showed it at a public event (albeit no photos allowed), makes me think that it will go on display sometime soon. I might even say summer 2014 could be a good time as a way to release tension from all the construction. Uni really needs to take a Disney cue and do a Blue Sky cellar-ish exhibit. If not traded out from the Experience on the lower lot, then I might say somewhere on CityWalk. Make it available to all who come.

Well, not that I'm expecting anything more than a generic fill-in-the-blank response, I emailed USH regarding showing some sort of concept art or even the model in response to the heavy construction going on and the confusion that it's causing people.

Well, not that I'm expecting anything more than a generic fill-in-the-blank response, I emailed USH regarding showing some sort of concept art or even the model in response to the heavy construction going on and the confusion that it's causing people.
Yeah, Universal PR tends to be pretty bad. They'll send generic responses unless you legitimately have a complaint.

The fact that the model exists and Universal showed it at a public event (albeit no photos allowed), makes me think that it will go on display sometime soon. I might even say summer 2014 could be a good time as a way to release tension from all the construction. Uni really needs to take a Disney cue and do a Blue Sky cellar-ish exhibit. If not traded out from the Experience on the lower lot, then I might say somewhere on CityWalk. Make it available to all who come.
 NBCUniversal Experience anyone???  Or place it in Guest Relations!  However, I have seen the model and its a very large model that would not fit in GR.

I sure hope there will come an exit near Three Broomsticks to access the Studio Tour.  It only makes sense and it does seem by the layout there will be some empty space back there.  Remember, we are getting an exact replica of Orlando's layout (with some minor modifications).

I also think it would be smart to have a back entrance and exit at Waterworld where the Amphitheater gates are located.  It would help with flow and access. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They could totally put it in the NBCUniversal Experience or transform the "FEATURED" store towards the entrance into a Blue Skye Cellar preview center for Potter! It's an ever changing store anyway, and I can guarantee you, if they had a detailed model of the Wizarding World and/or the whole model shown at that event, it'll be busy and make hype!

And yeah, I really hope they'll have an exit/entrance or two out of the land besides the main entrance. I really feel that it'll be needed, especially next to the tour. Although I wonder if having those side entrances would be considered "breaking theme" for JK and Creative...

Reactions: Chris