The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Once Potter opens, USH will have plenty to do. Guests will not be able to do everything in one day or it will take a full day to accomplish everything. Most guests will not purchase Gate A and they will wait in the stand-by queue. FJ will be at LEAST a two hour wait. Lines will be long plus with the shows they have to offer. Guests will have a tough time fitting everything into one visit.
Thank you! I really don't understand why people say there's not enough to do. The first time I came, the hours were 9-10 and I stayed till 9:45. (I didn't do Shrek though)

I think USH has enough to do for one day. It may not seem like enough when you look at the number of attractions/shows, but when you punch in how long you have to wait for everything, you realize your day will be gone.

I do think there is not enough to do in the park. I have never been into the park since opening time and I can do everything all the time and I leave early... I think there must be an extra attraction in time for Potter... They need something to swallow the huge crowds... Maybe that is the strategy of FF... having more trams running for more capacity and longer tours... 

I personally think there is "enough", for me anyway. I was just commenting about lack of rides for most guests. For me, there's enough. Otherwise I wouldn't visit USH ;) I do believe however that more rides are still necessary.

Or at least redo Jurassic Park completely like Disney and Knotts have been doing with some of their older rides recently and making them more of a draw and making them feel new again. Same with The Mummy.

Although with The Studio Tour offering a new tour at night soon, it'll definitely help immensely!!!

Also, I really think with the demand Kong & F&F will have that they should start offering a daily Kong/F&F Express Tram starting next year. Have the full tram tour experience, and an "animations" express tram. Would help a LOT and basically add to the ride count without actually building anything!

There's quite a few ways to help soak the Potter crowds without building an all brand new experience!

I think with the addition of Potter, people are going to stay at the park longer and creating park hours like we have never seen before.  The Studio Tour lasting all day should help, but I still see lots of congestion in front of SES as long as that show dumps onto such a small street.  Potter really needs an exit behind Cartooniversal to help congestion.

The Studio Tour should relocate to the Lower lot to help build attraction counts down there and pull people out of the lower lot for a longer period of time.  Like Potter cul-de-sac, the lower lot is much the same.

And I do believe that USH is a class A park.  My reference was that its not a class A design due in part of its history and its uneven growth with layout, operation and management.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
How I propose the new USH Map will look in 2016, minus Springfield of course.

f9mnuo.jpg

And here is a new one with Springfield!

309oqwp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Allen, that seems about right but I have one nitpic... Where in bloody H*&L be the Ticket Kiosks?  I'm not going to put the Persian Courtyard in the list but I have to wonder where will it be?

Much better Allen! I was about to do this myself. I'm glad you did. :)
Thanks! It's really hard to do on my phone! Haha
My guess would be to put the return time kiosks over by Water World or inside the Globe Theater.

Universal Plaza is most likely going to be home to switchbacks for guests in the standby line to get into the land.
I'd rather have it by Waterworld or still somewhere by Universal Plaza or in it, switchbacks or not. The Globe is too out of the way in my opinion. I'd rather have it be centralized. Everyone get the return time ticket in the center of the park, and then go on their merry way to different parts of the park. Maybe they can convert one of the stores across Blues Brothers? I'd put the Potter Kiosks inside the "Amazing Photos" shop underneath the NY Street facades across from Universal Plaza tower. Best PLACE IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! It's really hard to do on my phone! Haha

I'd rather have it by Waterworld or still somewhere by Universal Plaza or in it, switchbacks or not. The Globe is too out of the way in my opinion. I'd rather have it be centralized. Everyone get the return time ticket in the center of the park, and then go on their merry way to different parts of the park. Maybe they can convert one of the stores across Blues Brothers? I'd put the Potter Kiosks inside the "Amazing Photos" shop underneath the NY Street facades across from Universal Plaza tower. Best PLACE IMO.
Thats exactly why I think they may put it there.  It helps disperse crowds away from WWOHP and away from the main entrance of the park. Plus, the Globe is large enough to hold the kiosks and a sizable queue line for them. 

Reactions: Jon Fu