The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It makes sense. Its getting more work than any of the others in Hogsmeade and it has a reason. The only thing I wouldn't see when springfield is done is its exterior.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, it could be because of the Springfield food court but also, maybe they're just building by order. Start at the front of Hogsmeade, and build down towards Hogwarts. The opposite side of Three Broomsticks is also being constructed.

In this month's podcast, JG talked about How Diagon Alley approached a Disney level with the detailed environments and employees fully in character. Do you think we'll get the same treatment, possibly with some extra details and employees more so in character than Hogsmeade? (Don't know how good/bad they are in UOR, I'm assuming)

In this month's podcast, JG talked about How Diagon Alley approached a Disney level with the detailed environments and employees fully in character. Do you think we'll get the same treatment, possibly with some extra details and employees more so in character than Hogsmeade? (Don't know how good/bad they are in UOR, I'm assuming)
I do believe that USH in in for a very tough adjustment when IOA quality material makes it into their park.  The ex-USH employee in me is scared because I bet USH will find some way to muck it up, however, from my contacts, I hear that lots of things are changing from my good ol' days of yesteryear.

Many go as far to say that USH is becoming a "real" theme park.  Hmmm :/ (that was skepticism)

I do believe that USH in in for a very tough adjustment when IOA quality material makes it into their park.  The ex-USH employee in me is scared because I bet USH will find some way to muck it up, however, from my contacts, I hear that lots of things are changing from my good ol' days of yesteryear.

Many go as far to say that USH is becoming a "real" theme park.  Hmmm :/ (that was skepticism)
I've always thought of it as a real park (after SSFL anyway). I'm curious to know what makes you think otherwise?

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is the cherry on top of a revitalized view of the park. Everything that comes before it, in my opinion, is preparation.

I've always thought of it as a real park (after SSFL anyway). I'm curious to know what makes you think otherwise?
A minuscule roster. Lackluster customer service. Illogical venue/attraction placement.

These key issues are slowly being fixed, however.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is the cherry on top of a revitalized view of the park. Everything that comes before it, in my opinion, is preparation.

A minuscule roster. Lackluster customer service. Illogical venue/attraction placement.

These key issues are slowly being fixed, however.
I agree with everything except the customer service maybe. But I see where you're coming from.

Reactions: Jon Fu
My days of USH were when the park was heavily show based.  Those days where USH did not try to be USF or IOA.  The growth was in Orlando and not in California.  Cutbacks were heavy and management was lackluster.  It was a day where thriving was more important than excelling.  Yes, the odd layout of the park has been a problem since day one and will continue to be a problem forever.  Have they been able to do some improvements, I believe more recently than previously.  Look at the cheap quality of the attractions which opened in 2000-2010 and look at today...major difference!

I don't think USH gets the freedom that USF has, and we all know that we don't have the land to build expansive new ideas.  Already, everything being built today is a carbon copy or adjusted copy of successful products in Orlando.  This park has always played it safe.  Orlando took over a decade of growth and shoved it into 5 years for USH.  That is going to be leaps and bounds for the management to handle in terms of operational change.  Good luck to them.  

*Think about it...USH, a B scale theme park getting IOA - A scale material.  I am not sure how they will handle theme and product quality if someone from USO doesn't show them how to do it!

Don't get me started on crowd control...ugh!

*Think about it...USH, a B scale theme park getting IOA - A scale material.  I am not sure how they will handle theme and product quality if someone from USO doesn't show them how to do it!
I disagree. Universal Studios Hollywood has always been an "A" player in every regard. You can't call a park that opened up Jurassic Park - a ride that was labeled as one the most expensive theme park attractions of its time - a "B" player. You just can't.

As for the operations shift - yes, I admit, I was concerned as well. But when you look at Hollywood's history and their non-linear progression, it's actually quite shocking how well they've adjusted. Think of it: they literally went from nothing to one of the most advanced simulators in the world (Back to the Future). Furthermore, they went from Back to the Future to WaterWorld and Jurassic Park in the span of under five years - talk about a leap!

I don't think Hollywood gets the credit it deserves. Sure, it gets flack for flailing at times, but if any park has shown a capacity to grow in uneven bursts, it's Hollywood. They should be commended from progressing from the Studio Tour to the theme park we see today. After all, it's not like they were originally intended to become a theme park like Universal Studios Florida or any other Universal park for that matter.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
USH has excellent customer service, in my opinion.

My gripes with Universal are the random placement of attractions and lack of unified themed lands.

I disagree. Universal Studios Hollywood has always been an "A" player in every regard. You can't call a park that opened up Jurassic Park - a ride that was labeled as one the most expensive theme park attractions of its time - a "B" player. You just can't.

As for the operations shift - yes, I admit, I was concerned as well. But when you look at Hollywood's history and their non-linear progression, it's actually quite shocking how well they've adjusted. Think of it: they literally went from nothing to one of the most advanced simulators in the world (Back to the Future). Furthermore, they went from Back to the Future to WaterWorld and Jurassic Park in the span of under five years - talk about a leap!

I don't think Hollywood gets the credit it deserves. Sure, it gets flack for flailing at times, but if any park has shown a capacity to grow in uneven bursts, it's Hollywood. They should be commended from progressing from the Studio Tour to the theme park we see today. After all, it's not like they were originally intended to become a theme park like Universal Studios Florida or any other Universal park for that matter.
YASSSS! :p I will quote this every time someone says USH isn't an A class park. It'd be nice to have a section or maybe even a whole podcast on this issue!

USH is an A Class park in its soul, but feels B Class sometimes due to the layout, chaos, management, and a decade of cheap additions. But it IS an A Class park.

The biggest two issues I'm worried about for 2016 are crowd control nightmares and being packed in like sardines, and there STILL not being enough to do, even with Potter, Despicable Me, and F&F. And I mean that for the general guest, not me. I just feel that the massive Potter crowds + usual massive amount of guests and tourists + not enough attractions = absolute chaos.

Orlando has 2 theme parks and many tourists and had a tough time adjusting to the crowds Potter originally brought. And that's with TWO parks!!! Big parks!

IM really worried for USH. I believe they should've fast tracked another new attraction somewhere, be it to replace Shrek or SES before 2016.

Once Potter opens, USH will have plenty to do. Guests will not be able to do everything in one day or it will take a full day to accomplish everything. Most guests will not purchase Gate A and they will wait in the stand-by queue. FJ will be at LEAST a two hour wait. Lines will be long plus with the shows they have to offer. Guests will have a tough time fitting everything into one visit.

Reactions: Chris and Ryan