The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
However... there is a large empty space between the FJ queue and Hogsmead which remains to be figured out.
I'm assuming you mean the FJ show building (not the queue)?

Higher capacity Ollivanders for sure. Japan's relocated Ollivanders suggests a higher capacity to correct the mistake made in Orlando, so I feel we'll have the same. However, don't expect any shops right next to Hogwarts. Doesn't stay true to the stories/films, and it just wouldn't make sense.

As for the empty space in between Hogwarts and Hogsmeade... All I can logically think of is a forested area. As I mentioned earlier, Alan Gilmore has stated that each Hogsmeade in the Universal Parks will have its own unique "flavor," which suggests that no lake will be coming to Hollywood since that feature's been claimed by Japan.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Eh, I don't know if I'd say it's bigger than Japan's (yet, at least). Once we see what Japan's incarnation of Ollivanders looks like, it'll be easier to make a better judgement. Wouldn't really make sense if the only thing that differentiated us from the other parks was a larger wand shop.

Reactions: Chris

Higher capacity Ollivanders for sure. Japan's relocated Ollivanders suggests a higher capacity to correct the mistake made in Orlando, so I feel we'll have the same. However, don't expect any shops right next to Hogwarts. Doesn't stay true to the stories/films, and it just wouldn't make sense.

As for the empty space in between Hogwarts and Hogsmeade... All I can logically think of is a forested area. As I mentioned earlier, Alan Gilmore has stated that each Hogsmeade in the Universal Parks will have its own unique "flavor," which suggests that no lake will be coming to Hollywood since that feature's been claimed by Japan.
For the extra space between Hogwarts and Hogsmeade, I'd actually like for them to have Hippogriff be a bit longer and a bit more unique and maybe more detailed somehow. If there is in fact more room, that is, which I was unaware of.

Reactions: William
Weren't there talks awhile ago about a slightly more complex Flight of the Hippogriff, in terms of queue and ride experience? It'd be nice to have a little family coaster that lasts longer than 60 seconds (I'm looking at you, Orlando!).

It'd be cool to have a more interactive queue around and maybe through Hagrid's Hut, see his gardens, his different magical creatures (all animated figures), etc. It'd be cute! And yeah, a longer coaster would be lovely as well.

Reactions: JaySalahi
Eh, I don't know if I'd say it's bigger than Japan's (yet, at least). Once we see what Japan's incarnation of Ollivanders looks like, it'll be easier to make a better judgement. Wouldn't really make sense if the only thing that differentiated us from the other parks was a larger wand shop.
Think about it... Does Ollivander's need to be as large as a lake???

I mean the outdoor queue up against the show building.  Something has to go there because they aren't leaving this space open for walking guests.  The lake in Japan is the general area I am talking about compared to Hollywood.  It is already suggested that the "Forbidden Forrest" will be where Hippogriff is located.  Makes sense.

It'd be cool to have a more interactive queue around and maybe through Hagrid's Hut, see his gardens, his different magical creatures (all animated figures), etc. It'd be cute! And yeah, a longer coaster would be lovely as well.
Hagrid's Hut location is identical to Japan.  It will be near the exit gift shop of FJ, unlike Orlando.

Also remember that our opening is still 1.5 years away!  Would it be interesting if we were to get something unique for California? Perhaps something which has not been announced?  I would expect the interactive wands to be a guarantee since we have plenty of time to integrate the Orlando updates into our WWoHP by then.

I don't want to speculate in too much detail.  It starts to become rumor.

I mean the outdoor queue up against the show building.  Something has to go there because they aren't leaving this space open for walking guests.  The lake in Japan is the general area I am talking about compared to Hollywood.  It is already suggested that the "Forbidden Forrest" will be where Hippogriff is located.  Makes sense.
So you're referring to the foundation seen from the bridge just past the Studio Tour entrance arch? Wouldn't that be the Herbology Greenhouse section of the queue as seen in Florida?

I definitely think we'll see some extra features or new technology in our Wizarding World. 1.5 years is a LONG time of advancements! I think off the bat we'll have a superior projection system inside Forbidden Journey even compared to Japan, as I would hope Universal does its projections shopping NEXT year, not anything from this year obviously haha. I think visually we'll have the best ride projections for a while.

And I really do hope we'll have some unique entertainment options or other little things that will make ours unique. I just...really hope they use this opportunity to improve Flight of the Hippogriff at least SOMEHOW, since ours will be a brand new ride and not just a repainted ride from 1999 (unicorn). Any improvements are welcome!

Reactions: William
Any improvements mainly are going to be from what Japan has but... I'm more into saying this but I think there will be more Interactive wand spots in this hogsmeade..

To also diverse the Interactive wands from the others..

I don't see why they would need to add even more congestion into an already packed area, let alone diversify the interactive wand experiences. Obviously we'll be getting something different from the other parks, but I'd expect something on a grander scale.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I don't see why they would need to add even more congestion into an already packed area, let alone diversify the interactive wand experiences. Obviously we'll be getting something different from the other parks, but I'd expect something on a grander scale.
....So bigger bathrooms.... :p

There are tests for the Roofs and Backstage of Hogsmeade in Backstage (Source MiceChat) as it includes one of roofs and walls which can be found on In the Parks latest update on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also remember that our opening is still 1.5 years away!  Would it be interesting if we were to get something unique for California? Perhaps something which has not been announced?  I would expect the interactive wands to be a guarantee since we have plenty of time to integrate the Orlando updates into our WWoHP by then.
I can't imagine a scenario in which we don't get interactive wands. That's just like throwing money away.

Reactions: William and transfo
I had a revelation yesterday just after the meetup. I was curious as to why they had already started to build Hogsmead, when USJ didn't begin building it until after the Forbidden Journey show building was much further along.

Then it hit me: the only part of Hogsmead they are currently building is The Three Broomsticks. They haven't started on the rest of it yet. And the only reason they are working on the Three Broomsticks is becasue it is connected to the Simpsons Food Court, which is opening next year. Now I know there's no way they'll open the Three Broomsticks before the rest of Hogsmead, but it's going to have to be pretty far along by the time the Simpsons Food Court opens.