The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And what about the gap between Android's and the Hogsmeade Arch? Most likely it will be a backstage access to the Springfield/Three Broomsticks Kitchen and a greenbelt to separate the two sections. The trees will also grow in over the years and make the facades seem less intrusive.

Also, that photoshop needs to be moved down a decent amount where the train station is approximately on top of the Flintstones games and FJ is closer to Citywalk (and parallel).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just simply did a rough cut and paste on my phone, I didn't try to make it accurate.

Either way, in terms of the Springfield statues, I don't see how they'll be intrusive in on the Wizarding World entrance, unless I misunderstood you.

The end of Springfield containing Krustylu Studios and Lard Lad Donuts is quite close to the entrance to Hogsmeade, so I think that's the main concern. Even if they place several tall trees there, we'll still be able to see a large pink donut as we walk through that arch.

My main concern is that we'll either see the backside of a bland building from within Hogsmeade, or the tops of snow-capped chimneys from within Springfield. It's one or the other, really.

Springfield protrudes beyond the Hogsmeade arch so no...

Then the Zonko's/Honeyduke's roofs will block out Springfield from the limited angles we can get inside the land.

Sightlines will be FINE from every location except MAYBE the Three Broomsticks patio (backside of Barney's Coffee Shop) and Studio Tour Entry/Kwik E Mart.

Placement. You'll already be hitting some meaty showbuilding by the time you look left at the arch (most likely themed to HP with stonework or covered in trees).

Yeah, I'm not worried about sight lines from inside the land. Hogsmeade buildings are tall enough. Besides, Springfield is gonna have a "Springfield Mountain" backdrop, maybe the opposite side of it will have something similar for Wizarding World.

Either way, I'm not worried about sight lines at all. And I don't care about both lands being next to each other from the outside.

Just for the sake of argument...

Here is an exact overlay of Japan on top of Hollywood.  Notice that FJ does not line up at all.  It also is located far right to take advantage of the lake photo opportunities.  But this cannot happen in Hollywood because of the elevation difference and the Studio Tour loading area.

15585886502_e5b76fbf44_b.jpg

Here is my opinion on how things are going to be adjusted:

- The red line is the employee access to the park.

- The orange area is Springfield FFB.

- What is going in the purple area???

15561363936_7daf083ce7_b.jpg

Please forgive the crudeness, it is tough to get things to scale.  So, I admit, this isn't perfect, but close enough to what I see happening.

Be sure to also use FJ from Orlando as the facade in Japan was extended out from the building in order to create the photo op with the lake (but that's taking it a little far).

I also think a mini Black Lake or river is necessary to replace the water feature taken out from Cantina.

Looking at some photos I have taken over the wall, it looks like they are working on the new Ollivander's Workshop area if we get a carbon copy from Japan.  Otherwise, I feel they could possibly be building in the supposed lake area now.  I still do not think we are getting a lake or any body of water for that matter in this area.  However, I also do not have enough concrete evidence yet to confirm anything...

Any help with photos would be great!

Reactions: William
with the purple area; I have a feeling they're going to make that something special just for USH, maybe a Dark arts show or relocating Hippogriff and adding more to the ride.

I'm guessing the purple area contains the Hollywood "flavor" Alan Gilmore mentioned awhile back.
That'd be great! It'd be nice if it was another family ride (can't have too many), or at least some sort of larger show. Hollywood, of all Wizarding Worlds, could use the added capacity somehow.

Any ideas/hopes?

That purple area/"missing lake" location could hold another Hippogriff sized ride. Heck, if not something larger. It'll be interesting to see how they take advantage of that spot and it's size. It'd be a ridiculous shame if they waste space at our Wizarding World...

I personally believe they're should use that space for some thematic representation of The Shrieking Shack. Given it's importance to the stories and relative location next to Hogsmeade it would be foolish not to include it. 

Reactions: Aaron