The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On the other hand, even though Universal hasn't announced it, Hippogriff does sound quite likely!  At the same time, I'm not surprised since both Florida and Japan just have Hippogriff and Forbidden Journey.  Dragon Challenge is highly unlikely because of lack of space, and it's supposedly Florida's "uniqueness" when Japan instead has the Black Lake.  I would certainly like to see Hollywood get something that isn't a theming intrusion like the Dragon Challenge!

I'd imagine we would be getting some form of the Black Lake and/or Forbidden Forest and the "uniqueness" of our Wizarding World would come in those Forbidden Journey upgrades Hate mentioned a few months back. 

Reactions: Bonkers
I hope it's just peaceful, quiet space to sit and relax. The park is kind of a hectic place so it does need it.

I don't know about you but the Three Broomsticks patio in IOA is usually very peaceful.
That's because there is a lake nearby.  Here we will have the Studio Tour crowd and some annoying tour guide yelling on a microphone. LOL

I'd imagine we would be getting some form of the Black Lake and/or Forbidden Forest and the "uniqueness" of our Wizarding World would come in those Forbidden Journey upgrades Hate mentioned a few months back. 
Think more along these lines...  I don't think FJ will get any upgrades because Japan didn't get any upgrades.  Also this "Forbidden Forest" talk is all kind of moot.  Wouldn't Hippogriff be inside the Forbidden Forest?  I feel its a given any Forbidden Forest theme would be surrounding the Hippogriff coaster and not a separate area.

Reactions: William and Aaron
Japan got heavily upgraded projectors (it's visible in all the on ride videos from there), and who knows, in 2 years time, technology will be even more advanced, we could get better projectors than Japan, which a few additional effects.

If it was up to me, I'd use the extra space for a Whomping Willow family spinner ride.

But since that's far fetched (for whatever reason), I'd use that extra space as an extension of Hogsmeade, for extra bathrooms, FJ locker rooms, and maybe an additional snack counter.

Think more along these lines...  I don't think FJ will get any upgrades because Japan didn't get any upgrades.  Also this "Forbidden Forest" talk is all kind of moot.  Wouldn't Hippogriff be inside the Forbidden Forest?  I feel its a given any Forbidden Forest theme would be surrounding the Hippogriff coaster and not a separate area.
I may be wrong but in the Books/Films the path leading to Hogwarts from Hogsmead goes through the Forbidden Forest doesn't it? I wouldn't mind it since it wouldn't really break the theme having the FF on that side. :p  (although nothing in Wizarding World is entirely accurate in terms of location anyway)

Reactions: William
I would like to see more spinners in the park.  It allows parents to do more with their young kids who cannot ride the height restricted rides.  A dinosaur egg ride similar to the Teacups at Disney would be great for the lower lot instead of DinoPlay.  A spinner for the Whomping Willow could be awesome for kids.

Such great ideas all missed opportunities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aaron