The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Especially since the Whomping Willow was apparently rumored to be on the table for the original one.

And in the extended queue for Jurassic Park (where they usually have a maze. Just find a new place for a maze), I'd put in a Pteradon Spinner.

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I'm just really not fond of the idea of having a spinner themed to the Whomping Willow. Hearing it just sounds like you would find at a sparsely themed street fair. Even if it were themed extensively, the Whomping Willow is supposed to be menacing and deadly. It wouldn't really make sense for children to be riding it. Haha.

Reactions: Aaron and stardopee
Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I'm just really not fond of the idea of having a spinner themed to the Whomping Willow. Hearing it just sounds like you would find at a sparsely themed street fair. Even if it were themed extensively, the Whomping Willow is supposed to be menacing and deadly. It wouldn't really make sense for children to be riding it. Haha.
Your not alone on this one . I actually strongly agree with what you had to say .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
But again, it's also a theme park. Why would kids be riding a fish or dinosaur spinner? If it was extensively themed to the point where you don't see any typical wires or mechanics of a typical spinner, but instead see the different branches carrying guests (plus have other prop branches going crazy like the planets around the ASTRO Orbitor), it'd look amazing!

I would like to see more spinners in the park.  It allows parents to do more with their young kids who cannot ride the height restricted rides.  A dinosaur egg ride similar to the Teacups at Disney would be great for the lower lot instead of DinoPlay.  A spinner for the Whomping Willow could be awesome for kids.

Such great ideas all missed opportunities.
It may be me but I think more spinners would be a bad idea. Based on what i've seen it doesn't seem like Silly Swirly is getting very long lines. Then again I tend to avoid the park during peak season so I haven't seen what it's like on a capacity day. 

Maybe when Potter opens more people will option that ride but again from what i've seen, 2 bleh spinners won't help much. Though i'm sure a more unique flat ride might have a different outcome.

Silly Swirly can get wait times up to half an hour, though I don't think I've seen it higher than that. Truthfully, a 30 minute wait for a spinner is pretty long.

I just don't really care for an IP like Potter to get an attraction in the form of a spinner. Just doesn't suit it in my opinion. Jurassic Park, on the other hand, is different because it just so happens to be a cross between a prehistoric zoo and an amusement park.

Quite honestly, I would prefer something in this mystery spot that wasn't an attraction. A themed locker station, a sit-down area (larger than the Owlery in Hogsmeade), another spot for snacks/drinks, all of the above - all fine by me!

I am a person who didn't want spinners as well.  I enjoyed USH for its non Disney style.  However, now I am a parent and I have nothing to do with my son except the atrocious Animal Show.  The spinner is something he looks forward to.  Its simple fun.

Plus, Potter already has its kid friendly attraction and that is Hippogriff.  The Lower Lot really needs a kid friendly ride... Stage 28 anyone? 

The latest update on ParkJourney is quite crazy and exciting!  They are finally beginning to do work on the Kwik-E-Mart and even better, some the Hogsmeade roofs are being built and some of the chimneys and walls are now being paneled!  Really beginning to look more like Hogsmeade now!  Check it out!

Reactions: William
Honestly I would have been happy if we only picked up FJ and Hippogriff.  We would have one Harry Potter store with the FJ gift shop and would have kept most of our park intact.  However, I understand the need for Hogsmead and Springfield....$$$$

Honestly I would have been happy if we only picked up FJ and Hippogriff.  We would have one Harry Potter store with the FJ gift shop and would have kept most of our park intact.  However, I understand the need for Hogsmead and Springfield....$$$$
Keep in mind the upper lot was in poor condition, and was terribly laid out. I'd much rather have immersive 21st century theme park design and atmosphere that is easy to navigate than what was there before.

The purpose of Hogsmeade has to do with immersion and scene-setting more than anything. Money is somewhere in there too obviously, but if you think about it, it wouldn't make sense to just have a castle plopped in the middle of the park. That pathway winding through Hogsmeade that leads up to Forbidden Journey is crucial to the storytelling and just makes a really well-rounded environment.

Yeah I'm glad they went all out.universal is really trying not to be the park that half asses everything. Hogsmead had to be there it would have looked ranmdon with just a castle there with not surround theme.

Reactions: Alexshow.
I've updated my possible USH layout photoshop graphic to be more accurate based on the recently posted aerial photos. The space between Forbidden Journey and Hogsmeade is still somewhat of a mystery but I can see them placing the performance stage closer to Shrek to create more of a large open courtyard space in front of the castle.

2s1puec.jpg

It's just soo odd seeing an open aired roller coaster inside of USH. It will be a huge breath of fresh air once Hippogriff opens.

Great photoshop job!

Still, all those trees in that extra space? That space better be used properly by Universal. If done properly, we could have another ride in that spot or something significant.

(Obviously not right away, but it'd be nice as maybe having a small extra expansion plot for...something)

I know feel Shrek could be a great spot for the Hogwarts Express Station if we ever had the Diagon Alley Expansion.  The track could easily snake its way backstage from that location and wrap around the backside of FJ to reach Kings Cross Station somewhere else.  

Could this be a possibility why Shrek isn't leaving?  Maybe they understand this and don't want to drop money into the Shrek location because they would not want to build something new to have it demolished soon???

Reactions: Alexshow.