Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

Or the ebay folks and bloggers are starving.

Two Takeaways from this.
1) Even without markers, it appears that people are distancing themselves properly. I don’t know if it’s the work of the people or of Disney, but regardless it is great to see.

2) This is why all parks should be doing a reservation system. If the opening of Disney-owned merch locations is able to pull a line that goes from one side of the Marketplace to the other, imagine what spaced out lines to get into a theme park (namely USF and IOA since we know they will not do reservations) are going to look like.

Sidenote: I have a friend who ebays stuff and he's never made more than during this pandemic. He doesn't do Disney stuff though, just buys stuff like NBA Jerseys and Shoes at discount stores and resells for market value and makes ridiculous money.

Can confirm. My wife and I sell stuff from our collection on eBay, and we have been absolutely killing it the last month or so. The highest sales we've ever seen.

Magic and Animal Kingdom: July 11th Hollywood Studios and Epcot: July 15th.

Surprised they're waiting over a month after the other parks re-open, but their plan does seem to be the most comprehensive. I just hope we don't see any spikes/outbreaks during the month+ that the other parks are open that could potentially send us back a phase/close parks again.

Surprised they're waiting over a month after the other parks re-open, but their plan does seem to be the most comprehensive. I just hope we don't see any spikes/outbreaks during the month+ that the other parks are open that could potentially send us back a phase/close parks again.

tbh 1 month is how long it would take to start to see cases pop up if the other parks are a big spreading ground.Waiting 1 month lets Universal act as the guinea pig to limit their liability.

I’m sure there is a bit more that wasn’t told, but based on the Disney (and to a lesser extent SeaWorld) presentation, I’m getting a little worried about Universal’s reopening. Let alone the fact that that I feel that Disney selected a slightly more appropriate time frame for reopening (Early June should have probably been held for smaller attractions), I am becoming worried as to the levels of people that could show up to SeaWorld and Universal due to the lack of reservation systems.

Yea, I think the AP previews and first few days/weekend will be killer at Universal... and then crickets. But hey, I could be wrong.

WDW on the other hand...
Disney will have a bigger opening because they gave time for the mega fans to buy flights.

that being said I expect the same thing for all these parks. Fairly large (pandemic-ly speaking) initial rush followed by low crowds most of the year

It is crazy to think of a day at the Magic Kingdom that doesn't end with fireworks in some capacity. I wonder if, like Universal, they'll close early in the evening so that guests aren't expecting them.

It is crazy to think of a day at the Magic Kingdom that doesn't end with fireworks in some capacity. I wonder if, like Universal, they'll close early in the evening so that guests aren't expecting them.
They aren't going to have the crowds to support staying open much later than 7 or 8 anyway.

I'd also expect enclosed animatronic shows at MK to be closed for the foreseeable future and 3D shows across the parks like Philharmagic and Tough to be a Bug.

Sounds like reservations will be in place at Disney World. I have to imagine Universal will start doing the same around July. Or at least I hope

People are waiting 6 hours to get into a mall....I don't see how some here think the theme parks wont be crowded and filling up the 25% percent capacity most days
It's one day. We'll talk when this is happening for a week.

The fact is there is not enough of a local base in orlando to fill theme parks (which have FAR bigger capacities than World of Disney) consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.