Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely spoke to roaming merchandise CMs who did not have shields on in the Emporium and many of the ride gift shops like Pooh. They were standing either by the entrance or in center of shop, asking if I needed anything, definitely without a shield.
They were violating Disney's own CM policies then.

Reactions: Alicia
The parents of three children with disabilities ( two autistic, one MD) , along with an adult diagnosed with anxiety, have sued Kennywood,SandCastle, idlewild over the park's covid 19 mask policy, in relation to the American's with disabilities act.....I would guess the parents might have a case. But sounds like the guy with an anxiety problem, is kind of pushing the limits of the act's intention....Just about every ride, and most food areas, are outdoors, and can be easily distanced safely for the kids.

Theme Parks aren't necessary. If you have anxiety from wearing a mask, imagine the anxiety of thinking you might get COVID from going to ride a rolly coasty. Stay home

Edit, the skin contact is only dangerous before dilution (they say)
Just read the SDS on what they are using and it says to wear gloves when applying. I was looking to see if the peroxide would bleach paint/fiberglass but so far it seems not to.

Last edited:
Just read the SDS on what they are using and it says to wear gloves when applying. I was looking to see if the peroxide would bleach paint/fiberglass but so far it seems not to.

It stood out to me that they weren't wearing gloves because it's a chemical. In my job, anytime we even touch a chemical to move it we have to put on gloves.

While this spraying and wiping is all well and good for other germs one encounters at WDW, it has been stated by scientists that the chance of contracting CV19 from surfaces is minuscule.

Too, who can be sure the spray is completely dry by the time the guest sits down and grabs on?
Bag checks but loaded strollers are waved through?

This is a company in the business of putting on a show.

As someone who has considered themselves a huge WDW fan their entire life, it’s really something to see that there is a whole further layer of obsession that I’m not even close to.

I'm not sure it has to be classified as an obsession. People have been held hostage at home for months. I can relate to going to stir crazy and wanting to go back to things I enjoy that don't involve a TV, a phone or anything else in my house.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I'm not sure it has to be classified as an obsession. People have been held hostage at home for months. I can relate to going to stir crazy and wanting to go back to things I enjoy that don't involve a TV, a phone or anything else in my house.
I don't think it had anything to do with stir crazy. More like restocking my ebay store.
I don't do dis merch but this plush isn't available online at the disney store?
Why not, they want to sell it and don't get anything more if an AP comes to the park to sweep the shelves unlike a daytripper who paid to get in that day?

I don't think it had anything to do with stir crazy. More like restocking my ebay store.
I don't do dis merch but this plush isn't available online at the disney store?
Why not, they want to sell it and don't get anything more if an AP comes to the park to sweep the shelves unlike a daytripper who paid to get in that day?

You think they're all ebay scalpers and sellers? I guess I had not thought of that.

I think most of you are giving the people who have been on preview days too much crap because you've only seen it from the vloggers POV and the ebayers aren't a large % of the crowd. Most of the crowd was regular AP folk there to enjoy the park for the first time in 4 months. The backup at the entrance was because they were doing social distancing in the parking lot and only parking a certain amount at a time and then holding up the line of cars for a bit.

I think most of you are giving the people who have been on preview days too much crap because you've only seen it from the vloggers POV and the ebayers aren't a large % of the crowd. Most of the crowd was regular AP folk there to enjoy the park for the first time in 4 months. The backup at the entrance was because they were doing social distancing in the parking lot and only parking a certain amount at a time and then holding up the line of cars for a bit.
Ok but they are such a wide target I have a hard time restraining myself. Back to the real world - gulp...

Oh, believe me, I WANT to go back to Universal. I WANT to see all the big summer blockbusters in theatres. I WANT to go to HNN.

Moving from wanting to do it and actually doing it is the bit I can't relate to, especially given the current situation in Florida.

Derek Burgin has a really nice Saturday Six article on Touring plans.com blog this morning, on the Royal Pacific Universal Resort. He goes into depth on the safety features with plenty of photos. He also mentioned mask compliance was 100% during his stay.Good to see Universal & Loews are doing such a good job on covid safety :thumbsup: .The safest place in Florida besides Gringotts. :) ;)...................and, by the way....anyone have any info on what Universal hotel occupancy has been like the past week or two? Just curious.............................

Status
Not open for further replies.