Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the real issue with the gaiter is that it's too thin and really doesn't filter the way a mask is supposed to. It's not much different than if you wore pantyhose over your face.

Disney's rules are all face coverings need to have ear straps. You can't just tie something like a bandanna around your face either.

Orlando Informer Community on Facebook is live from the Magic Kingdom.....Seems so unusual to not see crowded streets in the lands of MK, and the hub area. Main Street is a little crowded though, probably due to it being the entrance and a fairly small area.

Can we *please* try to give everyone a little credit on the first day/hour of a facility's opening? My guess is the pictured "crowd" dissipated moments after the photo was taken.
Just giving @deadbydawn's post some additional context. Not making a statement either way.

There was an article that came out recently that said they are the worst kind of mask you can wear for stopping spread.
"Worst" and "worthless" are not the same thing. Bandanas are the worst. The gaiters just need to be doubled up if they're thin, but even if they're not doubled up they still reduce the spread.

According to this research, they're the best option when not too thin.

Reactions: JoeCamel
"Worst" and "worthless" are not the same thing. Bandanas are the worst. The gaiters just need to be doubled up if they're thin, but even if they're not doubled up they still reduce the spread.

According to this research, they're the best option when not too thin.

Well, no one ever actually said worthless except for you.

Reactions: Andysol
Can we *please* try to give everyone a little credit on the first day/hour of a facility's opening? My guess is the pictured "crowd" dissipated moments after the photo was taken.

Sorry if that was a little preemptive. It looks like they've implemented a virtual queue for World of Disney. Crowds seem to be on the larger size throughout overall.

At Disney, are the people that do the temperature checks wearing face shields? I always thought Universal was great at protecting their employees in that regard, but all the photos from Disney just show them wearing face masks.

At Disney, are the people that do the temperature checks wearing face shields? I always thought Universal was great at protecting their employees in that regard, but all the photos from Disney just show them wearing face masks.
I think those are representatives from Advent Health, no?

Most Cast Members at ride load areas were wearing face shields. Since they have to get kind of close to guests to ask how many in their party, they seemed to always have a shield at that position.

CMs who have to be within 3 feet of guests need to wear face shields as well as masks. In merchandise and food they have the plexi panels at the registers for the same reason. Most likely the CMs in merch should have had their face shields on while not behind registers.

The parents of three children with disabilities ( two autistic, one MD) , along with an adult diagnosed with anxiety, have sued Kennywood,SandCastle, idlewild over the park's covid 19 mask policy, in relation to the American's with disabilities act.....I would guess the parents might have a case. But sounds like the guy with an anxiety problem, is kind of pushing the limits of the act's intention....Just about every ride, and most food areas, are outdoors, and can be easily distanced safely for the kids.

Reactions: Andysol
CMs who have to be within 3 feet of guests need to wear face shields as well as masks. In merchandise and food they have the plexi panels at the registers for the same reason. Most likely the CMs in merch should have had their face shields on while not behind registers.
I definitely spoke to roaming merchandise CMs who did not have shields on in the Emporium and many of the ride gift shops like Pooh. They were standing either by the entrance or in center of shop, asking if I needed anything, definitely without a shield. The only shield-wearing merch CM I remember seeing was the one directing you to your register at the end of the line at Emporium.

And yes, there was plexiglass at all the registers I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.