Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open) | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Name is meh

I'm hoping sooo much this land becomes apart of New Orleans or a new subland. Like Bayou Bay, I just want the shops, and restaurant to get some updates , more theming in the land and some fireflies at night time (i know the ride will have them but the land would be great at night with them)

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I'm expecting the name to just be something simple like "Tiana's Bayou Bash" that most guests will probably just informally shorten to "Bayou Bash".

Hey, I was only off by one word! And I still like my name better than what we're getting.

Name is meh

I'm hoping sooo much this land becomes apart of New Orleans or a new subland. Like Bayou Bay, I just want the shops, and restaurant to get some updates , more theming in the land and some fireflies at night time (i know the ride will have them but the land would be great at night with them)

Well, there is no New Orleans area in Magic Kingdom, so it's going to be REALLY interesting to see how this will fit in right next to Thunder Mountain and the Frontierland Railroad.

Reactions: NotPennysBoat
Hey, I was only off by one word! And I still like my name better than what we're getting.

Well, there is no New Orleans area in Magic Kingdom, so it's going to be REALLY interesting to see how this will fit in right next to Thunder Mountain and the Frontierland Railroad.
Yeah, dont care...lol

That MK and it has lots of messes anyway....i just want Disneyland to improve

While I think Bayou Bash is a better name, it sounds more like a show than a ride title.

They've also released a video with Charita Carter.

I'm sorry, Charita Carter: Executive Producer of Relevancy Activations

EDIT: I'm sure the video has some good info, but I'm still reeling from the cognitive damage induced by the words Executive Producer of Relevancy Activations.

People will continue to call it Splash Mountain for some time, just as sometimes people still say Downtown Disney instead of Disney Springs even though the name changed, what, over 10 years ago or so. Eventually it will just be known as Bayou Adventure.

So, were you hit by the power of Apollo? Because you nailed it in 2021!
I didn’t say it was a good name when I said that, I was implying it was something that modern Disney would choose. :lol:

They love adding on buzz words to their ride names now, so it made sense.

I also think I was using @TheGentTrent’s baseline of “Tiana’s Bayou Bash” and just swapped out Bash for Adventure…

Reactions: Alicia and Nico
I didn’t say it was a good name when I said that, I was implying it was something that modern Disney would choose. :lol:

They love adding on buzz words to their ride names now, so it made sense.

I also think I was using @TheGentTrent’s baseline of “Tiana’s Bayou Bash” and just swapped out Bash for Adventure…

Sounds like Nick has some royalties coming his way. Congrats Nick! :lol:

I'm not sure all guests will immediately realize "Tiana = Princess and the Frog." I'm also not sure the new name conveys this is a thrill ride with a major drop.

I get why they didn't, but they should've worked to associate the legacy Splash Mountain name with this ride. Splash Mountain: Tiana's Bayou Bash would've been great.

I could give a rat’s *** about the name. I’m just hoping this whole project turns out well. Disney shoehorning this into park is sadly a very common thing for them to do now.

Trying to respond to changing attitudes and the time but instead throwing something together to say “look we got rid of this offensive attraction.”

Reactions: Freak
I'm not sure all guests will immediately realize "Tiana = Princess and the Frog." I'm also not sure the new name conveys this is a thrill ride with a major drop.
Presumably the Tiana show will have come out by then.

I'm also not convinced that the name needs to convey the thrill level. This isn't a Cosmic Rewind situation where you have a new thrill ride hidden from view. It's an iconic attraction with decades of audience awareness and a highly visible thrill portion. Even if someone was a moron and thought the entrance connected to a different building, they'd quickly make the connection once they saw the ride vehicle.