Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Idk where that rumor started but it was just shot down.

... I still hope MK doesn't get the water tower.

ETA: More backstory details from the Orange County Register... Disneyland reveals more Tiana’s Bayou Adventure details at D23 Expo

Of particular note:

"The tiara-topped water tower will be emblazoned with the logo for Tiana’s Foods. The community food co-op was established in 1927, according to the new backstory for the attraction.

The new Splash Mountain backstory finds the restaurateur-turned-princess opening Tiana’s Foods following the success of Tiana’s Palace restaurant in the 2009 “Princess and the Frog” animated film.

According to the backstory, the employee-owned food cooperative is housed inside the aging salt mine within the former Splash Mountain with growers planting crops along the waterway that flows around the famed mountain peak.
Magical lighting effects triggered by the film’s voodoo priestess Mama Odie will fill the hilltop cavern with glowing colors just before riders descend the log ride’s dramatic drop."

Seems like no Facilier.

There are several creative choices there that I think are... let's say questionable, and I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Despite what the model of the new Splash Mountain theme is, I kinda wanted the exterior to be partly inspired by the wetlands at Utah for a more western look from the outside to blend in with most of Frontierland.

Considering this is canon to the story, I’d say we are?

View attachment 17287
So Tiana is cooking a meal, she's missing an ingredient (love or tolerance or something), we go search for it, we fall down a water fall, as most people that search for love typically do, and then celebration?

Is that the story?

Also, I just realized the model still has Brer Rabbit on the boats, I'm dying :grin:

Last edited:
The whole Tiana's Foods thing is meant as a tie in to what else is coming along with this attraction, namely a Tiana's Place restaurant in New Orleans Square and a store/bakery called Eudora’s Chic Boutique featuring Tiana's Gourmet Secrets, which opens in just over a week in New Orleans Square on September 20th.

• Love
Reactions: shiekra38
I could live with the log being gone....if they can commit to Critter Country getting a re theme but if it doesnt then I hope the ride is good because the outside of this doesn't look that great to me.

Also going to New Orleans recently like 5 months ago, its beautiful and this mountain to me in no way captures that or the feeling of the area's around it but hope the ride is good at least.

The whole Tiana's Foods thing is meant as a tie in to what else is coming along with this attraction, namely a Tiana's Place restaurant in New Orleans Square and a store/bakery called Eudora’s Chic Boutique featuring Tiana's Gourmet Secrets, which opens in just over a week in New Orleans Square on September 20th.

It's transparently justification to sell a new line of merchandise and food products, yes.

That's the whole point of the project honestly
And I honestly don't really have an issue with that. What i'm wondering is if Cafe Orleans will be turned into Tiana's Place or if it will be Hungry Bear since I have to imagine it will be a retheme.

And I honestly don't really have an issue with that. What i'm wondering is if Cafe Orleans will be turned into Tiana's Place or if it will be Hungry Bear since I have to imagine it will be a retheme.
sadly I think it will be Cafe Orleans....if its Hunger Bear then I'll be soooo happy to have resturant with New Orleans food ON THE WATER, it would be amazing

I just saw that "Friends on the Other side" will not be the scene before the drop

Then why....why are we even making this ride? One of the coolest animated scenes ever and the tunnel is perfect for projection mapping of his magic...but no no no can't do that. Just frustrating

Reactions: Freak and belloq87
I just saw that "Friends on the Other side" will not be the scene before the drop

Then why....why are we even making this ride? One of the coolest animated scenes ever and the tunnel is perfect for projection mapping of his magic...but no no no can't do that. Just frustrating
Princess wouldn't like that so have to keep it happy happy joy joy

Dig a Little Deeper does make sense, too, right before you plummet.

That should be the ending

where the big boat was, fits perfectly there
In my opinion, a song called zip a dee doo da fits even better there… lol

In all seriousness I’m disappointed that these new rides are minimizing and omitting villains. Part of the fun was always escaping the bad guys. It added to the thrill and made things exciting. Rides like frozen ever after and soon to be this just seem like moving meet and greets, where you board a vehicle and see a bunch of random characters with no tension or conflict whatsoever. That drop is big and can be very intimidating, but they’re wasting it by playing it off as a ‘wee’ moment rather than an ‘ahh’ moment. If you haven’t been able to guess, I’m against the overhaul, but the one thing that intrigued me was a friends on the other side lifthill scene, and if we don’t even get that, then what’s the point?

Reactions: belloq87
That should be the ending

where the big boat was, fits perfectly there
It's almost perfect for that

In my opinion, a song called zip a dee doo da fits even better there… lol
That song has inappropriate lyrics

"plenty of sunshine, hip hooray" is anti climate change propaganda

friends on the other side lifthill scene, and if we don’t even get that, then what’s the point?
In all seriousness, that will be a huge miss if they don't do that.

I miss "scary Disney" too

• Haha
Reactions: Freak