Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, I cannot WAIT to be able to take my niece and little cousins to the Magic Kingdom to ride Tiana's Bayou Adventure! Representation is key and kids who look like Tiana are not going to be worried about a name or if it is a reskin of another ride. They are going to be as ecstatic as they were when they saw the first black disney princess (aside from Nala lol) on the big screen. Unfortunately a lot of you cannot (and don't want to) understand that, and that's ok.

Well, I cannot WAIT to be able to take my niece and little cousins to the Magic Kingdom to ride Tiana's Bayou Adventure! Representation is key and kids who look like Tiana are not going to be worried about a name or if it is a reskin of another ride. They are going to be as ecstatic as they were when they saw the first black disney princess (aside from Nala lol) on the big screen. Unfortunately a lot of you cannot (and don't want to) understand that, and that's ok.
I do wish she had her own purpose built attraction just because I think she deserves it and MK needs to continue expanding, but I also realize that the SotS them has to go and Princess and the Frog is going to be a great replacement. I also realize like you said how much this is going to mean for many who don't see themselves represented.

I'm looking forward to whatever it is they do with the attraction and I think it should be pretty cool. As i've demonstrated very clearly with my takes on Epcot, i'm not someone who thinks the parks should be a museum. Updating and replacing is a good thing for the parks. Space and Big Thunder also need major updates/changes as both are the worst of any Disney park in the world.

Reactions: shiekra38
I’m sure a purpose built attraction for Tiana would’ve been great too, but I think they did a really good job with Frozen.
They definitely did a good job in turning a ride that was almost always a walk on into a common 90 minute wait attraction. I do actually tend to like FEA a lot, but I wish they had updated the capacity by ordering new/larger boats like the Paris version is doing.

As long as all the animals I care about are staying, I'm fine.

It's what I've said from the very beginning. If this remains an attraction with a large animatronic/animated figure cast and extensive physical sets, I will enjoy it. If it becomes just a projection showcase with a couple of AAs thrown in, I will be disappointed. Because whatever else you want to say about Splash Mountain overall, the dark ride elements -- from a design standpoint -- are great.

It's what I've said from the very beginning. If this remains an attraction with a large animatronic/animated figure cast and extensive physical sets, I will enjoy it. If it becomes just a projection showcase with a couple of AAs thrown in, I will be disappointed. Because whatever else you want to say about Splash Mountain overall, the dark ride elements -- from a design standpoint -- are great.

The flume is also a lot of fun, too. So it has a good base.

This is by far my biggest concern with this redo. Granted some of the projection effects on the Avatar boat ride are pretty spectacular, but I'm not sure how they would do that with Splash

This is by far my biggest concern with this redo. Granted some of the projection effects on the Avatar boat ride are pretty spectacular, but I'm not sure how they would do that with Splash

So like, on one hand, if they replace the nearly-never-working hopping rabbit figure with a screen that does that but better? Go for it. Replacing the giant paddlewheel boat with all the figures with a big water-to-ceiling projection screen? BAD.

Reactions: frank_1991_
I'll miss Splash Mountain. It's too bad that it was all based on Song of the South because the characters, songs and setting of the ride are awesome. I really wish that they could have re-skinned POTC to Tiana (I really don't care for the WDW version) and did a Splash Mountain re-theme with another IP.

I'll miss Splash Mountain. It's too bad that it was all based on Song of the South because the characters, songs and setting of the ride are awesome. I really wish that they could have re-skinned POTC to Tiana (I really don't care for the WDW version) and did a Splash Mountain re-theme with another IP.
I still don’t think the princess and the frog is worthy of shuttering e-ticket attractions. It’s a fine film and worthy of an attraction, but not at the expense of park staples. In a perfect world, they would’ve added this onto the back of fantasyland in the form of a nice dark ride or FEA style boat ride. The target audience of the film is even likely to be intimidated by the high thrills of splash mountain, which makes it clear that this is less about building PATF an attraction, and more about closing splash. Hopefully they don’t do anything drastic to decrease the thrill. They can’t change the layout, but they could try putting brakes on the drop or something.
(Agreed about WDW pirates! I always wanted to see it extended into something at least somewhat similar to the DL version)

So like, on one hand, if they replace the nearly-never-working hopping rabbit figure with a screen that does that but better? Go for it. Replacing the giant paddlewheel boat with all the figures with a big water-to-ceiling projection screen? BAD.
That's kind of the conundrum. There is a certain practical charm to Splash as it is now from all the moving AAs and limited movement of characters, yet, Disney has made strides in projection mapping technology and integration. I suppose I'm just asking for careful balance. Less Ratatouille and more Mystic Manor if that makes sense

That's kind of the conundrum. There is a certain practical charm to Splash as it is now from all the moving AAs and limited movement of characters, yet, Disney has made strides in projection mapping technology and integration. I suppose I'm just asking for careful balance. Less Ratatouille and more Mystic Manor if that makes sense

Imagine a more thrilling Nav'i with more AAs. That's what I want.

Happy last Birthday Splash.....sorry management rather retheme you than fix you and that for someone reason no one has an idea on how to make the Brer Character relevant today

At least for Disneyland we have a hope that Critter Country becomes a better themed land....so we have that small hope

Is there any rumor on when the DL version of the ride might close? I'm gonna be there early September and hoping to get a few last rides in.