Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TODAY Cafe

I'm expecting this be very much like the queue of Fallon. Almost a museum of the Today Show that happens to sell coffee and baked goods.

The Today Show just doesn't make sense. It's shot in NYC and not even remotely food oriented. Central Perk would work except NYC oriented again. If they are turning Shrek into DreamWorks Theater, I could see it becoming Mr. Ping's Noodle House.

Funny enough, I was thinking of Ping's Noodle House as-well. Especially if DWT comes sooner than later, with Kung Fu Panda from Hollywood headlining it at the start; it could make sense to bring it and pair it with a Mr. Ping meet & greet.

...that said, who's to say this couldn't be just a "NBC" Cafe, with using the NBC branding more than what The Today Show is?

The Boulangerie makes a lot of its money from coffee and breakfast items when people first arrive to the park. Playing up the morning coffee/breakfast baked goods theme, Today Show Cafe fits just fine.

The Boulangerie makes a lot of its money from coffee and breakfast items when people first arrive to the park. Playing up the morning coffee/breakfast baked goods theme, Today Show Cafe fits just fine.
It fits the cafe, but is way out of theme given the cafes location in the park.

It fits the cafe, but is way out of theme given the cafes location in the park.
I don’t think it matters. Just branding a restaurant like NBC Sports Grill & Brew. It’s a recognizable name, and it’s near the front of the park enough for me not to care about land integrity. It’s got the Hello Kitty store and Studio Store around it. Not exactly realistic theming until you cross the street by Brown Derby.

I don’t think it matters. Just branding a restaurant like NBC Sports Grill & Brew. It’s a recognizable name, and it’s near the front of the park enough for me not to care about land integrity. It’s got the Hello Kitty store and Studio Store around it. Not exactly realistic theming until you cross the street by Brown Derby.
Yes, I agree with you. That area really has no theme integrity. It's close enough to Production Central that it easily could be considered part of that thematic hodgepodge.

So? The people who’d get it would love it and everybody else would see a generic cafe like it is now except they can throw an IP and some merchandise inside.

My money says they do something like the Today cafe for the wine moms who don't care about Harry Potter.