Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TODAY Cafe

We’ve had breakfast here so often. I tend to enjoy sitting outside, watching the park wake up. Sometimes they have a red carpet set up on the way to production central where a group of employees line up to cheer guest on....I just enjoy eating breakfast here watching that scene for awhile.
Totally. I like to have a snack there and watch the studio brass band across the street.

A "dining concept" could mean anything from a popcorn cart to a full service high end restaurant. I suspect it will essentially be the same due simply to the space, small counter service coffee bar type thing. As @Alicia said slapping an IP on it makes the most logical sense.

The "concept" is they slapped a TV IP on it lol.

What a concept!

:rimshot:

A "dining concept" could mean anything from a popcorn cart to a full service high end restaurant. I suspect it will essentially be the same due simply to the space, small counter service coffee bar type thing. As @Alicia said slapping an IP on it makes the most logical sense.

Yeah, it would be quick and easy to just retheme rather than redo as previously mentioned. Notably though, there is no year-round character dining in USF. Depending on the theme they select, I wouldn't count it out, but also not holding my breath.

Hello Kitty also wouldn't surprise me. They already have the cafes in Japan, and pop up cafes here.

Honestly, it would make sense.

Universal and Sanrio have been seeming to be having a growing partnership, especially since the two stores in the domestic.

Heck, there's exclusive costumes being made specifically for Hello Kitty for both Halloween and Christmas in Hollywood (and presumably, there will be something for the Lunar New Year).

It'd make sense to expand the food aspect to something small like at Boulangerie.

...that said, I would not be shocked if it is just a NBC themed cafe, and it'd be simple enough (and easily rotatable for IP's).

Yeah, it would be quick and easy to just retheme rather than redo as previously mentioned. Notably though, there is no year-round character dining in USF. Depending on the theme they select, I wouldn't count it out, but also not holding my breath.
Yeah if we go with the Hello Kitty idea I could definitely see characters making an appearance in the cafe. It would be hard to do a true character dining concept and make a good profit from it. I think that space could really only seat maybe 10 (small) groups at a time. I could see a dessert party working though.

Speaking of shoe-horning IPs, I'm surprised DreamWorks hasn't really been pushed into the UO parks.

It's almost as if *audible shock* they actually care about doing a proper piece of representation for attractions and experiences.

__

As far as Hello Kitty is concerned, I would doubt it'd be a full on character dining spot. In-fact, Sanrio has rolled out in the Southern Californian area's, little Hello Kitty cafes.

Here's my write up about the closure and replacement, along with some images of the restaurant from when it was open so you can see what they have to work with:

Beverly Hills Boulangerie at Universal Studios Florida Closed Permanently – And What’s Replacing It – Orlando ParkStop

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

My first initial reaction to this was a illumination themed restaurant. It would make the most sense. DM and hopefully the future SLOP will be next to it. They even themed the current Coca Cola lounge to SLOP at one point. Just thinking out loud as I’m typing this.

Last edited: