Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What can you really theme a GOOD Toy Story land too besides the rather cheesy "Andy's Backyard" theme?

(I agree though that the IP has been sprayed around too much... Buzz really needs to go from TL)

I would have consolidated Buzz and Monsters to Pixar Land and then built a solid dark ride or two in Tomorrowland that fit the theme better.

What can you really theme a GOOD Toy Story land too besides the rather cheesy "Andy's Backyard" theme?

(I agree though that the IP has been sprayed around too much... Buzz really needs to go from TL)

One of the big issues with a themed land is that they need to be based on some where outside as long as you can see the sky which like you said only leads to Andy's backyard. It's kind of a shame as I think the Andy's backayrd can be great. I thought the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area was the coolest thing I'd ever seen as a kid. but it would be too much of the same.

It would take a bold move to make a land indoors although it seems like every new ride is indoors now given the Orlando climate.

Has there been any talks about Buzz leaving MK?

Reactions: Nick
Has there been any talks about Buzz leaving MK?
Well there's always talk. WDI talks about redoing Space Mountain fairly often, but we're stuck in 1975 with 2010 rave music pipped in.

Stitch and Speedway are much higher priorities than Buzz. It's too popular and the gift shop does solid business. Monsters inc is in more trouble than Buzz. So while they may have some blue sky plans, Buzz is so far down the list it'll likely be quite awhile before we see change.

Reactions: Scott W.
Well there's always talk. WDI talks about redoing Space Mountain fairly often, but we're stuck in 1975 with 2010 rave music pipped in.

Stitch and Speedway are much higher priorities than Buzz. It's too popular and the gift shop does solid business. Monsters inc is in more trouble than Buzz. So while they may have some blue sky plans, Buzz is so far down the list it'll likely be quite awhile before we see change.

Yeah, I think continuity between the parks is a pretty small issue to deal with. You actually wonder if it would be worthwhile to just flatten Tomorrow Land and start from scratch for the 50th anniversary.

Thinking about TSL a bit more. If budget was no issue. I'd create a land similar to the intro of Toy Story 3:

A cowboys and aliens feel, with everything build from toys. Something similar to Cars Land. A Hamm blimp in the sky. A train going past filled with toys hanging and waving out the window.

Even if Stitch and Speedway are the first attractions to go in Tomorrowland, I have no clue what could possibly replace even one of those.

Wreck-it Ralph is the talk. Possibly for both.

I'm not totally against that idea. I think both of those attractions need an upgrade anyways. My two concerns with that idea though is:

1) I don't see the sense of two Wreck-it-Ralph attractions, especially not in the same area.
2) Although the movie brings several interesting ride concepts to the table, a big part of me doesn't see the movie as that big of a deal. When you translate that opinion of mine to an attraction, I don't see the long-term viability of it. Just my opinion.

I'm not totally against that idea. I think both of those attractions need an upgrade anyways. My two concerns with that idea though is:

1) I don't see the sense of two Wreck-it-Ralph attractions, especially not in the same area.
2) Although the movie brings several interesting ride concepts to the table, a big part of me doesn't see the movie as that big of a deal. When you translate that opinion of mine to an attraction, I don't see the long-term viability of it. Just my opinion.
WiR has a sequel coming out next year so it's not a one and done movie

Reactions: Joel and mcusi
Wreck-it Ralph is the talk. Possibly for both.

I don't know that I like the idea of two Tomorrowland attractions being based around the same IP, especially when I'm assuming one is the not-at-all-Tomorrowlandish "Sugar Rush" concept.

I think they could very easily make WRECK-IT RALPH fit the sci-fi theme of Tomorrowland, but I'm not sure Disney cares about such things (to any real extent) anymore.

I don't know that I like the idea of two Tomorrowland attractions being based around the same IP, especially when I'm assuming one is the not-at-all-Tomorrowlandish "Sugar Rush" concept.

I think they could very easily make WRECK-IT RALPH fit the sci-fi theme of Tomorrowland, but I'm not sure Disney cares about such things (to any real extent) anymore.
I'll stress it's incredibly unlikely that both would be Wreck-it Ralph.

There are many different concepts being drawn up for the Speedway plot and a few for Stitch.

Reactions: SkiBum and belloq87
I'll stress it's incredibly unlikely that both would be Wreck-it Ralph.

There are many different concepts being drawn up for the Speedway plot and a few for Stitch.

So, since this is about Toy Story Land, please see the Tomorrowland Re-Do thread under Magic Kingdom. I gave it a bump this evening and we can discuss it ad nauseum without being admonished for creeping off topic.