Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I saw it today.
Really,really dissapointed. I don't know if I got a bad show or something but it was just really lame.

I'm curious, what was it that you disliked/were disappointed in? I haven't had the opportunity to check it out since it has reopened, but this is the first negative review that I've heard of the reopened Triceratops Discovery Trail.

That makes it a little less disapointing. I was like "When does he sneeze on everyone!?" so hopefully with all the effects working it will be good.
What I disliked about was it was very short and nothing really that exciting. I must say I love the AA. The whole audience was really into it either, no one raised their hands to ask a question.

From Screamscape:
According to the Orlando Sentinel the return of the Triceratops Encounter is only temporarily, as the resort is “testing the experience with guests” and I’m sure adding a bit more capacity to the park for the busy Christmas holiday season. They don’t say when the plug will be pulled, but I’d expect to see it go dark again in early January when things slow down once again in Orlando.

Well that sucks, work on it for so long and then only have it running for 1 month? Seems kind of counter-productive if you ask me.

Well that sucks, work on it for so long and then only have it running for 1 month? Seems kind of counter-productive if you ask me.
I think it'll be a seasonal thing. They'll bring it back around Spring Break and in late June-mid August. They have stuff I've never seen them have in anticipation for Potter sized crowds. A character oriented show at the Toon Theater and a Lagoon Show. In other news. Here are some pictures of Cera

2mhybn8.jpg

30u3jwi.jpg

Last edited:
I think it'll be a seasonal thing. They'll bring it back around Spring Break and in late June-mid August. They have stuff I've never seen them have in anticipation for Potter sized crowds. A character oriented show at the Suess Theater and a Lagoon Show. In other news. Here are some pictures of Cera

2mhybn8.jpg

30u3jwi.jpg

Seuss theater? Or did you mean Toon Lagoon theater?

Any update on the rest of the attraction Jakemeister? Such as the queue and third trike? I wonder when they'll open the entire attraction since from the looks of it, looks ready to be open.

The only thing from the rest of the old trail that YOU see is this electric fence. It's a shell of it's self but I'm glad to see the Trikes back. And yes I meant TOON theater. Sorry. about that.

I have never seen a time when all three paddocks were open at the same time... not even in Dec. 1999. Thank goodness I was curious enough to backtrack up a path to the third paddock and open the exit door... there was mr. trike with all his skin off and three guys staring at me like hoot owls. :stunned:

I snapped a picture and waved and said "excuse me, bye!".

:lol:

Nice one Teebs, where is the pic to see?

As that was pretty much pre-digital quality wise, it was on film... and the picture is very VERY blurry being that I knew I had just put my toe over the line. I will look to see if I can find it and scan.

Interesting that I found the path as I had never been to IOA before... so I had no idea that there was more than one show building.

Ok I just visited today and let me tell you, the line for Triceratops Encounter extended all the way to the ATTRACTION ENTRANCE. I stood there and gawked. Literally.

New stuff, even though its old stuff coming back as new will always attract a crowd.