Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was at universal a few minutes ago, and yes, it is open indeed.
It's called once again "Triceratops Discovery Trail", not "triceratops Encounter", by the way. And not all the areas are open yet. The real queue still needs some work.
I will post pictures and videos later.

It's called once again "Triceratops Discovery Trail", not "triceratops Encounter", by the way.

That is a very smart rename. Plays down expectations that guests invariably get into their heads. Interesting too that the name "Triceratops" has since been scientifically questioned.

For over a century, the Triceratops dinosaur has been beloved by both children and adults. Now the existance of the Triceratops is in question based on new studies by John Scannella and Jack Horner. Their study states that Triceratops are actually juveniles of another ceratopsian dinosaur, the Torosaurus, and that their skulls change shape as they age.

The study was written by John Scannella and Jack Horner of the Museum of the Rockies and published in the July 2010 issue of the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology. The study is a culmination of 10 years of research and examinations of over 30 Triceratops skulls and numerous Torosaurus skulls. The study shows that there is a clear transition from a Triceratops skull into a Torosaurus skull.

Last edited:
"Triceratops" has since been scientifically questioned.

yeah blah blah that is science and what this is, is science fictiion/theme park entertainment. Another note that no one ever wants to mention for the same reasons is that the dinos we see and mention so much in association with Chriton and Spielberg's Jurassic Park would not actually be from that time period according to science.

It is not a renaming it was the name of the attraction near the end and that is what it has come back as. As of right now it is just the trail and seeing everything there at your own pace with no set vet shows starting and ending. It is just the actors doing a looping routine to entertain guests for as long as they want to hang out there.

I am just happy it is back.

That is a very smart rename. Plays down expectations that guests invariably get into their heads. Interesting too that the name "Triceratops" has since been scientifically questioned.

Wow interesting stuff, and I was actually at the museum of natural history up in New York yesterday, if knew this I would have looked at it more closely :lol:

Crap! I just got back and didn't notice it was open! I even saw lights on back there...
It was after 6:00 so maybe they had it closed by then.