Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a thread rename now :thumbs:

I love the artwork and this show looks like it will blow away 360 and Dynamite Nights, now they need to get some sort of lagoon or parade in IOA too.

I've been hoping for that for a long time now. A parade would probably be too hard, considering how tight the walkways and streets are in IOA, but their lagoon is perfect for a show. There isn't a single angle in that park where you can't see it. They could easily do something that could work around its center, such as with Epcot's Illuminations.

Pretty excited to see this as I think its a big step in the right direction for the resort. People love fountain shows. Each showing of the Bellagio fountains in the evenings (which is a MUCH better show at night then it is at the day) draws hundreds of people to it. Amping it up with the video show and other effects make it even better.

I understand that it draws similarities to the World of Color show at DCA. However based off the concept art for both shows I would say that yes they are similar but I honestly can't see any "Blatent Ripoffs" that so many seem to claim. They both offer a unique experiance using similar technology.

Conceptually WOC is more akin to Universal 360 than any previous Disney produced nighttime spectaculars. Disney had not done one highlighting their studios output before WOC.

TSMM has more in common with a home video game console than Spiderman.

I'll go off topic one second and then time to go on....TSMM was suppossed to be the Harry Potter ride concept....nuff said

Back to the show, the only thing I'm wondering with this show is if fountains are of the "dancing" type or are they just stationary and shoot straight up in the air?

And when it comes to WOC, who is stay that Disney didn't buy their fountains from Acquatica as well? There are a ton of similarities, and I'm sure some of that tech is patented.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
True, but I think you probably can guess which aspects of each attraction I was talking about. I was not implying that they were identical, as Universal's new show and WOC won't be identical.

Ummm... yeah, I did. Is it THAT much of a stretch? Moving vehicles utilizing 3D technology combined with a fast-paced shooting game. Again, not identical, but it stands to reason that Disney was inspired by these attractions, which was my overall point.

Yes, it really is that much of a stretch... But ok...

Ummm... yeah, I did. Is it THAT much of a stretch? Moving vehicles utilizing 3D technology combined with a fast-paced shooting game. Again, not identical, but it stands to reason that Disney was inspired by these attractions, which was my overall point.

Don't worry. I get you. A 3D shooting game with moving vehicles.

Yes, it really is that much of a stretch... But ok...

Then we'll agree to disagree. :smiley:

Don't worry. I get you. A 3D shooting game with moving vehicles.

Exactly. Simple as that.

I'm personally pretty damn excited to see this thing in action. I think Universal 360 was an absolute abomination, but with the dough that HP is pouring into Uni's purse, they can finally afford to make a really memorable nighttime show. Since it's premiering next month, has anyone heard anything regarding a press event? I'm assuming OU will be on hand to cover it?

I'm personally pretty damn excited to see this thing in action. I think Universal 360 was an absolute abomination, but with the dough that HP is pouring into Uni's purse, they can finally afford to make a really memorable nighttime show. Since it's premiering next month, has anyone heard anything regarding a press event? I'm assuming OU will be on hand to cover it?
I have to say I'm excited that it isn't just water, but some pyro is still involved.
p.s. Inside the Magic posted a snippet of the announcement vid and people are bashing it...I say we all start posting positive comments on the comment feed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cl3KXJEl7s&feature=related

I have to say I'm excited that it isn't just water, but some pyro is still involved.
p.s. Inside the Magic posted a snippet of the announcement vid and people are bashing it...I say we all start posting positive comments on the comment feed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cl3KXJEl7s&feature=related
:pop:
A few of my personal favorites:
Im glad to hear all this negativity towards universal's "World of Color". I f we keep this up, they may stop it due to negative feedback. Also, can Disney sue them for this?
IIIdeezy24holmes 2 hours ago

More like "World of rip-offs"
TheCobalt88 5 hours ago

as Walt disney said " You can't top pigs with pigs".....universal your topping the best water show in the world........ are you kidding you apparently have no imagination because you can't think of you own ideas
TheMATE45 10 hours ago

@lashbear UR **** RIGHT!!!!! just like it should be the law that parents being their kids to disneyworld once in their lifetime.....
But back to the topic, THE **** WAS THEY SMOKIN ON!?!?!?!? If Disney hears about this they will END this **** before it starts.
smoothkidd272k6 12 hours ago

I hope Disney's lawyers hear about this one!
disneydanny2 20 hours ago

Universal, come up with something different that will make me want to come to your parks. I can see this at Disney California Adventure.
dwelty1970 21 hours ago

What bleeping copy cats! So unoriginal. I'm offended Universal.

World of Color fail!!! Disney will always be on top, and others they wonder why.
DisneyFanatic0716 1 day ago

Is Universal Even Trying Anymore?
RedMarioFan6475 1 day ago in playlist More videos from InsideTheMagic 2

That looks exactly like the disney colour show!
BeckytheWeird 1 day ago 2

Wow!!! Where have I seen a water show with good versus evil that puts the spotlight on their movies............way to be original :)
tiltheendoftim3 1 day ago 2

Total rip-off of World of Color
WhiteLioness100 1 day ago 19

First XD
doggiesrockz 1 day ago

Last edited:
Not sure why 360 got so much flack. I enjoyed it for what it was and knowing Universal's limitations. People were constantly disappointed though, audibly expecting some big fireworks which they just.. cannot.. do there. This definitely looks like an upgrade over 360 so I'll be more than happy.

Not sure why 360 got so much flack. I enjoyed it for what it was and knowing Universal's limitations. People were constantly disappointed though, audibly expecting some big fireworks which they just.. cannot.. do there. This definitely looks like an upgrade over 360 so I'll be more than happy.

360 had no soul. There was no emotional connection. Sure it was lots of movie clips but there wasn't a compelling narrative that tied it all together. Just big music, big clips, some fireworks, and then it was over.

I feel like with this new show they learned the lessons from 360 and they are going to make it an emotional journey.

Its not nice to tell people to not be Fans of disney. :bouncymick:

Its truly hard to have an opinion on this Forum :look:

No offense, but opinions are welcome, un-needed bashing isn't.

One thing is offering an opinion and be critical of something, another thing is to make a totally un-needed comment and putting Disney up on a pedestal, when clearly, right now they aren't.

This is ORLANDO UNITED, not EVERYBODY LOVES DISNEY or UNIVERSAL.

:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.