Universal Builds Apartments for Employees | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Builds Apartments for Employees

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've lived in the Cedar Point dorms for one season (May-October 2007)... The rooms and bathrooms were dirty, you got 2-4 roomates per room (depending on how many lockers you had in your room... yeah, like double-sided lockers from high school or a gym), and if you tried to go to sleep during a Detroit Pistons game, you'd have a rough time (loads of people from Detroit). We had about three fire-alarms that year, where everyone just sat outside while we were told we couldn't go back inside the building (my roommates slept through it, though).

The next season, they had lots of bedbug cases going around. Then again, it was also something like $30/month for rent, with free utilities. This sounds like a better deal.

Reactions: TheDecemberists
I've lived in the Cedar Point dorms for one season (May-October 2007)... The rooms and bathrooms were dirty, you got 2-4 roomates per room (depending on how many lockers you had in your room... yeah, like double-sided lockers from high school or a gym), and if you tried to go to sleep during a Detroit Pistons game, you'd have a rough time (loads of people from Detroit). We had about three fire-alarms that year, where everyone just sat outside while we were told we couldn't go back inside the building (my roommates slept through it, though).

The next season, they had lots of bedbug cases going around. Then again, it was also something like $30/month for rent, with free utilities. This sounds like a better deal.

So is that worse than having to wear those ridiculous uniforms? Rep for you, dude. :rep:

Most recent construction (we have foundations :D) id say around a month ago:

w06vqq.png

The structure is actually visible from the MiB outdoor queue. It's much futher than foundation now. I'll try and get pictures next time I go.

If you factor in the fact the $900 includes utilities, cable (probably), not to mention, maybe even a small tram or they extend the lake and have a ferry boat that takes the employees to the front, you know how much money in gas and wear and tear on someones car will be? Not to mention not having to deal with the nightmare known as I4.

Apppppppppparently :look: , these apartments might not have been a good idea in hindsight. Uni only needed this overflow parking for special events and the rare times (in the past) that they needed to beef up staffing. No problem as at these times they used their two mega parking garages as they always have for Citywalk employees.

Weeeeeeeell, Mr. Potter and Universal appear to need that parking space back bigtime. Word on the street is that Universal employees are now parking on the school property next door and Uni is busing those people across the street to the resort; bus wait times are reportedly atrocious and holes have been cut in fences (school or universal? no clarity there) to get to work on time.

So, I will leave you with an unconfirmed riddle: Two plus One may soon equal Three.

Parking may be chaotic now but eventually it will die down.

If they do look into anything it would be wise if they start looking into building an extra layer or two on top of the existing parking garages for employees only. It would be a good thing for a new top floor. Seasonal employee status boosts parking and I am sure makes things hectic for a while but it won't last. This is Christmas plus Potter's first year, it won't be quite as bad in future years.

Are you an engineer Splatter? Were those garages engineered for extra floors and cars? Did you realize they had major problems with those garages in the past four years... whereas one could not park next to the central stairwell areas as something was cracking and not looking up to code?

But you are probably right even though this parking crush was just from this late spring and this entire summer and this thanksgiving and most likely this entire Christmas through New Years... It will probably all go away by this coming April vacation and late spring, and next summer and thanksgiving...

Universal will probably never come up with a grand coup or attraction ever again. Silly me, what was I thinking. Perhaps I should rethink my retro new sig.

Are you an engineer Splatter? Were those garages engineered for extra floors and cars? Did you realize they had major problems with those garages in the past four years... whereas one could not park next to the central stairwell areas as something was cracking and not looking up to code?

But you are probably right even though this parking crush was just from this late spring and this entire summer and this thanksgiving and most likely this entire Christmas through New Years... It will probably all go away by this coming April vacation and late spring, and next summer and thanksgiving...

Universal will probably never come up with a grand coup or attraction ever again. Silly me, what was I thinking. Perhaps I should rethink my retro new sig.

No, I am not an engineer nor do I claim to be, no need to attack just thought it was a creative thing to look into, however if what you say is true about there being some structual problems with the garages than it sounds like they have bigger problems than this temporary seasonal pain in the arse for some of the seasonal hire. They should look into it but not sure what.

I don't see the need for attacking.

Last edited:
Teebin, two plus one does equal three, so you're letting on nothing. What I get from the rest of your posts is that UOR is planning another big expansion, most likely into the unused area to the south of IoA.

Teebin, two plus one does equal three, so you're letting on nothing. What I get from the rest of your posts is that UOR is planning another big expansion, most likely into the unused area to the south of IoA.

my word... you kids are rusty on riddles. how many times is two mentioned in that post?