Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Expansion Plan??? Project LUPA???

I'm not convinced ccfmioa. While everyone else has been talking about video games, I've been thinking hard about this and have come up with a list of reasons why I believe Universal may still be tied to this property. Please consider the following:

[Highly informative information redacted for space]

Please don't crucify me over this. I'm not sure about anything except the fact that everyone stopped talking about this after one person made a definitive statement without any cited sources to back it up. Doesn't anyone else find it odd that a supposedly failed developer is quietly making land use changes on UNIVERSAL Blvd to make way for a new theme park while the county has continually improved the road network surrounding the property? Thanks for reading and I will go back to my lurking and thinking now. :smiley:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you should be making millions working at an investment house, not wasting your efforts on theme park discussion boards! Really nice analysis, picked up a couple smoking guns there.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you should be making millions working at an investment house, not wasting your efforts on theme park discussion boards! Really nice analysis, picked up a couple smoking guns there.

Thanks guys, and don't worry i have a few other hobbies that could make some waves in Orlando's future (not to be discussed here)... As for the millions, sign me up!

Honestly there are another 20 or so leads to follow out that I just didn't have time to look into.

Thanks guys, and don't worry i have a few other hobbies that could make some waves in Orlando's future (not to be discussed here)... As for the millions, sign me up!

Honestly there are another 20 or so leads to follow out that I just didn't have time to look into.

I'm in the same boat as my company (Fortune 500 ranked in top 150) has specifically mentioned I Drive for a large scale expansion. Time will tell what happens though.

Top 150... time to narrow that list down haha.

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post was my theory on why Uni would go to such lengths to hide their involvement with this land. If anything were to go wrong with the cleanup, for instance further spreading the contamination or a mutant racoon attacking a child (bad example) the press and public would quickly get over it and forget about Fourth Quarter Properties XIVLMNOP... but if it were in Universals name you'd see headlines across the country saying Universal Studios is contaminated and unsafe for your family. Plus any lawsuits conveniently wouldn't have the name Universal tied to them.

I'd be interested in trying to track down those leads if you send them my way. I'll have the time tomorrow to do some digging.

Hmmm...maybe Thomas was a bit more distant from Universal than recently thought...a Cayman Island corporation is going to likely be much harder to track down, though. I'm mobile for a bit, so if anyone can check the lots listed against one of the smaller lots fronting Universal Blvd, there should be one between the Westin and UCF Rosen that isn't included, as an apartment complex is going up there.

gLMBjwb.jpg

Village of Imagine
Archon Group owners

Who filed that forclosure?
GSRE II Ltd, (Guggenheim Structured Real Estate), the primary or secondary account servicer, filed the lis pendens on the property.
They have offices in NYC.

Last edited:
Cool. As a heads up and extra data, there were no ownership changes for all lots according to the property appraiser site as of last week. The new apartment complex is called the Courtney at Universal, developed/managed by ContraVest.

Of course Cayman Islands company information would be stuck behind a $37 paywall! :fist: :bang:

Cayman Island companies are usually formed to be a) secretive, and b) questionably legal. Time to see if I can fight fire with fire and find out who/what the mysterious GSRE II is...

It seems GSRE II (there's a GSRE III as well) picked up the mortgage of a 0.622 acre of land up by Sand Lake Rd. from Wachovia in 2011, and the document reads like a road right of way parcel, since it was through the DOT. There's several documents listed in the search result, but I don't have the time to look through them at the moment. So, for your entertainment...

The search results, and the first document. If the search result link doesn't work, just run a search for GSRE, and you'll pick the 3rd result (sorted in descending order).

So, I just read an article online somewhere (I've already lost it haha) from march 27th saying that Lockheed Martin has announced an expansion of their facility in Orlando, supposedly creating an additional 200 jobs or something. What impact, if any, do you guys think this might have on the possibility of Universal re-acquiring the unused land there and building a third park and such?

So, I just read an article online somewhere (I've already lost it haha) from march 27th saying that Lockheed Martin has announced an expansion of their facility in Orlando, supposedly creating an additional 200 jobs or something. What impact, if any, do you guys think this might have on the possibility of Universal re-acquiring the unused land there and building a third park and such?

LM has a lot of room to expand on the land they still have.

I'm hoping something starts to happen in the land between Cabana and RP soon because it looks awful. I saw some video from one of the hotel towers at cabana, which shows where the walkway will go, etc and it just looks like a construction site that isn't a construction site yet.

Yeah, it does look pretty messy. Maybe some potted trees or something will appear along the boundary once construction is finished for the garden bridge.

Well, it's always been an eyesore, but now there's a place where it's extremely visible, so that's all the more reason why they should just start building that (hopefully) water park this very minute! :lol: