Universal Great Britain | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if they could have a dedicated train service running from London up to whichever station will serve UGB?

If they are to heavily redesign a station for capacity purposes, for the resort I’m guessing they’d call it Universal Great Britain Station. Similar to how Disneyland Paris has its own station.
This is probably more likely than we might think. There are plans to move the Stewartby station more or less slap bang in the middle of where it currently is now and the Kempston Hardwick station. If you look at the proposed location of the new station, it's on the southern parcel of land now owned by Universal.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 20.25.53.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 20.25.53.png
    493.3 KB · Views: 26
This is probably more likely than we might think. There are plans to move the Stewartby station more or less slap bang in the middle of where it currently is now and the Kempston Hardwick station. If you look at the proposed location of the new station, it's on the southern parcel of land now owned by Universal.

I think you are right.

It could explain why they are looking at putting a bridge in at Kempston Hardwick to cross the train line. That station pretty much serves no one, and you can’t really walk to it easily.

Stewartby station likely serves the College the most, but is similar in that it’s a bit of a walk to the nearest houses.

The crossing in between the 2 on broadmead road is literally that, a simple barrier crossing with not much else around it, so putting a new station there and closing the other 2 makes sense to me. And like you say, it would literally be a Universal station bringing people straight into their land.

I think you are right.

It could explain why they are looking at putting a bridge in at Kempston Hardwick to cross the train line. That station pretty much serves no one, and you can’t really walk to it easily.

Stewartby station likely serves the College the most, but is similar in that it’s a bit of a walk to the nearest houses.

The crossing in between the 2 on broadmead road is literally that, a simple barrier crossing with not much else around it, so putting a new station there and closing the other 2 makes sense to me. And like you say, it would literally be a Universal station bringing people straight into their land.
As of the latest update last year, they’re still deciding between keeping all 10 stations between Bletchley and Bedford, or merging them down to 5. I suspect it’ll end up with the merged 5 option so that would be Kempston Hardwick and Stewartby merging.

Might as well do my version, mostly prediction-esque with some wishes put in there

Hollywood Boulevard
- It's own Tribute Store, as I feel it's success could see it ported to this new resort
- Light's, Camera, Action (Featuring Spielberg or potentially a different, British Director), a show attraction that's proved successful in numerous Parks and isn't in Orlando

New York
- Bond Dark Ride, KUKA Arm Ride System and would be a big, flashy action ride akin to something like Spider-Man at IOA
- Fast & Furious Coaster, uses same ride system as Hollywood Coaster but is distinctly different
- Paddington Indoor Show, as to provide something for kids

Jurassic World
- Fairly similar to lineup of IOA's Jurassic Park on opening. Anchored by Jurassic World Adventure, and then piecemeal bits to support it
- Camp Jurassic-esque Explorable Area
- Flat Ride or Small Coaster
- Meet & Greet show of some kind similar to Raptor Encounter, but unique
- Take the mountain centerpiece from Beijing and include a climbing attraction like at Adventure Isle in Shanghai Disneyland (This is just a personal wish tbh)

Middle Earth
- Large impressive Ride set within Mt. Doom (Either Dark Ride or Dark Ride Coaster akin to Hagrids)
- Some kind of Show

WaterWorld
- Because I think it would be really funny if WW continues to be at every Resort except for Orlando

Animated Kids IP Land (Minions/Illumination, Spongebob, etc)
- Medium Size Dark Ride, similar in scope to Off The Leash or Sesame Street Dark Ride at Universal Singapore
- 2 or 3 Flat Rides
- Soft Play Area

Video Game IP Interactive Land (Pokemon, Nintendo IP that isn't Mario, etc)
- Large Dark Ride
- Physical Interactive Games akin to Power-Up Band games
- Another Supporting Attraction, either a show or smaller ride
It doesn't make any sense to have James Bond and Paddington Bear in a New York-themed land. That would upset many Britains. Those two IP should be in a 20th century-era London area.
This is only semi-linked to the news about Universal Great Britain, but in nearby Stewartby, the plans for Home of Production have fallen through after the developer pulled out. So that leaves another parcel of land in the area available for development - it's not right next to the 480 acres, but there's enough land for an Endless Summer-style resort a short bus ride away.
Perhaps that gives Universal enough space to put in a production facility in England, where they can film their movies and TV shows, and have a Studio Tour attraction?

Perhaps that gives Universal enough space to put in a production facility in England, where they can film their movies and TV shows, and have a Studio Tour attraction?
They already have a massive production campus in Borehamwood. They won't build another one when they already have 10 more soundstages that they can build on their lot.

It doesn't make any sense to have James Bond and Paddington Bear in a New York-themed land. That would upset many Britains. Those two IP should be in a 20th century-era London area.
I guess that makes sense, however I also fear that a London-esque, British City land could potentially have a bit of the "California Adventure" problem (Why did you build a Theme Park about California... IN California?)

Like, a London-esque land about 40 or so minutes away from actual London just sounds kinda redundant to me

I am also a Bri'ish and it doesn't upset me, for what it's worth. I don't really think many people would think it's a big deal. And you could definitely rationalise these attractions like. James Bond has to do a mission in New York, or a Paddington thing being about him going on vacation or something|

Point is, I don't think a British City land makes a lot of sense. It's like Tokyo Disneyland where I feel a lot of brits would want an all-american Park cuz we don't have anything like that here

Last edited:
Reactions: Della
I guess that makes sense, however I also fear that a London-esque, British City land could potentially have a bit of the "California Adventure" problem (Why did you build a Theme Park about California... IN California?)

Like, a London-esque land about 40 or so minutes away from actual London just sounds kinda redundant to me

I am also a Bri'ish and it doesn't upset me, for what it's worth. I don't really think many people would think it's a big deal. And you could definitely rationalise these attractions like. James Bond has to do a mission in New York, or a Paddington thing being about him going on vacation or something|

Point is, I don't think a British City land makes a lot of sense. It's like Tokyo Disneyland where I feel a lot of brits would want an all-american Park cuz we don't have anything like that here

A singular British land is very different from a park dedicated solely to California in California especially since IPs like Bond/Paddington will make it feel less generic anyway

Is this your photo? Does this count as first land work lol!?

Honest answer is I’m not sure. My friend lives on the housing estate to the south of the southern land parcel and walks the dog near the pits, so took some for me when I asked if there were any diggers about.

Pic6.jpgPic3.jpgPic4.jpgPic7.jpgPic2.jpgPic1.jpgPic5.jpg

The pic from his house, you can see the digger poking its orange head out.

4th picture down is literally looking diagonally into the southern parcel land. He said it’s a huge area.

The road on the first picture leads into the farm. You can see it on Google maps.