Universal Great Britain | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honest answer is I’m not sure. My friend lives on the housing estate to the south of the southern land parcel and walks the dog near the pits, so took some for me when I asked if there were any diggers about.

View attachment 21024View attachment 21025View attachment 21026View attachment 21027View attachment 21028View attachment 21029View attachment 21030

The pic from his house, you can see the digger poking its orange head out.

4th picture down is literally looking diagonally into the southern parcel land. He said it’s a huge area.

The road on the first picture leads into the farm. You can see it on Google maps.
Congratulations, your friend is An Insider™️

• Haha
Reactions: Nico
Congratulations, your friend is An Insider™️

Haha I’m not so sure about that. But I’ll let him know.

@bedfordmassive spotted it whilst travelling at about 70mph on a train probably at 5am. I just know a few people who live nearby and asked a small favour.

Plus, I’m not sure if maybe the digger is just doing work for the farm clearing more bricks that seem to be everywhere from the photos.

The optimist in me just keeps thinking that Universal people and the Mayor of Bedford were photographed for the first time on that parcel of land on Monday this week, with their names put out there, and then handed to the press to release.

Thats amazing news, so I’m keeping the faith. :)

Reactions: Nico
Haha I’m not so sure about that. But I’ll let him know.

@bedfordmassive spotted it whilst travelling at about 70mph on a train probably at 5am. I just know a few people who live nearby and asked a small favour.

Plus, I’m not sure if maybe the digger is just doing work for the farm clearing more bricks that seem to be everywhere from the photos.

The optimist in me just keeps thinking that Universal people and the Mayor of Bedford were photographed for the first time on that parcel of land on Monday this week, with their names put out there, and then handed to the press to release.

Thats amazing news, so I’m keeping the faith. :)
I hate to be 'that guy', but I'm not sold. I have a feeling they're just related to the farm, but happy to be proven wrong!

Incidentally, what does your friend think about the news that a major theme park could be a stone's throw from their house?

Reactions: yepthatguy
I hate to be 'that guy', but I'm not sold. I have a feeling they're just related to the farm, but happy to be proven wrong!

Incidentally, what does your friend think about the news that a major theme park could be a stone's throw from their house?

He’s told me that, but how long have you got? :)

Me neither, machine says road planing and earth moving. Looks to me like small road work, and that's it. When ever this thing actually kicks off, there will be a lot more machines than these two.

I think you’re both right when I weigh it all up.

There are kerbs I got sent photos of which look really old and they are visible on Google maps to kind of back this up.

But IF the bigger diggers arrive, they’ll need a way in, and that farm has a road that leads to this corner of the USGB land, which is a pretty tucked away nice secluded spot to start work on the roads that need to be built to allow full on work to begin.

If this develops into a larger flatter area with that big pile of crushed concrete turned into road, vehicle parking and then portakabins start moving in for site people to sleep, then we know it’s on.

Reactions: bedfordmassive
I agree with above - it’s been in the same place for a while and doubt it’s the beginning of something bigger. Only slant I can think of is work to improve access to support other equipment to access down the line for prep work.

We remember groundbreaking ceremonies right? We even got one for Dubai.

The visit last week was pure PR, if this was the start of any kind of works it would be accompanied by a PR announcement.

Given they’re sensitive approach around the development I don’t see them progressing with anything until it’s way more public.

Not a chance this has anything to do with the park.

Last edited:
Surely they’ll be digging boreholes and testing the ground soil and whatever else though.

I mean I assume that’ll be coming up at some point unless they’ve done it already.

Surely they’ll be digging boreholes and testing the ground soil and whatever else though.

I mean I assume that’ll be coming up at some point unless they’ve done it already.

Hard to tell when this satellite image was taken but seems like that digger has been in that location for some time.

Looks like the various equipment is running back and forth from the body of water to the bottom right.

IMG_6404.jpeg

A few people have speculated that Paddington would be an IP Universal could acquire for the UK park.

Worth noting this opens in May so we can consider this pretty unlikely The Paddington Bear™ Experience | County Hall, London

Interestingly this has opened in County Hall (Merlin’s London midway home) clearly Merlin were not able to stop this despite them wanting this location for their own use of a certain wax attraction.

A few people have speculated that Paddington would be an IP Universal could acquire for the UK park.

Worth noting this opens in May so we can consider this pretty unlikely The Paddington Bear™ Experience | County Hall, London

Interestingly this has opened in County Hall (Merlin’s London midway home) clearly Merlin were not able to stop this despite them wanting this location for their own use of a certain wax attraction.
Paddington is still being considered and workshopped,,