Universal Great Britain | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This redline image is new, or at least I've never seen it before.

For any locals who decide to go to the public engagements, please spill the details here after :p.
I wonder if they’ve purchased more land since? Surely that’s been a possibility, better to own it and not do anything with it then not own it and need it years down the line.

I haven’t seen it veer off to the left parcel of land before.

Reactions: xtpower
Pretty sure that extra land was seen in my original report about the land acquisition, so not sure why it wasn’t included in Universal’s maps until now.

Yea, I remember seeing that.

I'm reading through the information packet at the moment and it has a masterplan page that shows what their current plan for the location would be (without anything specific like IP's etc etc).

Reactions: Alicia
So land prep takes ~2 years, more than enough time to fully design the park, start construction in 2026 and open in 2030. Sounds very doable and faster than I thought.

View attachment 21488

This is the outline for the roads and transport links.
Are the homes on Manor Road consumed by this? It looks like it.

There were rumours offers were being made wasn’t there?

‘The extent of our project is shown in red and is approximately 700 acres in size. It includes the approximately 476 acres purchased last year, along with a smaller parcel of land to the southwest, which we have an option to acquire.’

Ah! So they have the option the acquire more land

Having read through the PDF, it says that the Secretary of State at the Department for culture, media and sports has agreed to sponsor the project within the government.

Basically, it means this project won’t go through the normal local planning applications etc and will be decided at a top level by the government.

With this knowledge, I feel the chance of this project going ahead is north of 80% now.

So the train stations actually fall on their land... and although there's already some upgrades to the stations planned, this bit of information is now stating there will be complete new stations built :eek:
Should we proceed with this development, we would also help to facilitate a number of significant local infrastructure upgrades, such as:
  • The construction of Wixams railway station
  • The delivery of a new station on the East West Rail line in close proximity to the resort

Reactions: Alicia
It looks from the silhouette of Wixams station that it will now span the entire set of railway lines with station buildings on east and west side. Previously it was going to be just east side by the slower lines.

This plan shows a much bigger station which will also serve the fast line I’d guess. That means East Midlands Rail trains as well as Thameslink I’d guess.

More importantly, it looks like there will be a passage from Wixams station to the park so it will be walkable rather than needing shuttle busses around A421. Fantastic.

Reactions: Alicia and xtpower
1712334643487.png

Figured I'd screenshot the current 'master plan' that was in the PDF. From my inexperienced eyes, the Lake Zone looks like a potential 'second gate' for down the road.

For those of you who are good with maps, any chance you can figure out what sort of acreage the Core Zone Park would be, and how it stacks up to the current Universal Parks.