Universal Great Britain | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I think there's some options left for Potter. A broom ride of some kind (probably coaster) or a slow moving dark ride where you can interact with various things like animatronics, screen effects, other ride vehicles, etc by using wands from your ride vehicle. Either why I'm betting if Potter is present, it'll probably be Hogsmeade/Hogwarts though this time actually including Great Hall.
That latter suggestion sounds so cool.

Well I think there's some options left for Potter. A broom ride of some kind (probably coaster) or a slow moving dark ride where you can interact with various things like animatronics, screen effects, other ride vehicles, etc by using wands from your ride vehicle. Either why I'm betting if Potter is present, it'll probably be Hogsmeade/Hogwarts though this time actually including Great Hall.
But they have the literal real Great Hall at the Harry Potter studio tour so I think that makes it unlikely.

I am from Birmingham myself and parts of Birmingham inspired Middle Earth so adding LOTR would be great Synergy and there is a lot a land by NEC available.

Plus this is right next to Airport and very short train ride from Birmingham City Centre so some of the infrastructure already in place

Any where in the UK would be great addition. With regards to HP, although Diagon Alley is at WB studios (on a much smaller scale) bringing Hogsmeade with Hogwarts Castle will bring a new dimension to the UK/Europe.

Look forward to reading the updates over the coming years!

One thing to remember about the England part of the UK. It doesn't take long, in USA thought standards, to get from point A to point B. Everything is pretty close.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I only went up to page 2 but where are we on Harry Potter discussion? Has anyone brought up potential for an entire second gate to be “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter?” Basically put all of Orlando’s lands in one park and have the Hogwarts Express circle the park Disneyland/Magic Kingdom style.

Also considering UK weather is it possible we see this park get Beijing’s Jurassic World ride rather than the River Adventure? I think that could be a given.

I only went up to page 2 but where are we on Harry Potter discussion? Has anyone brought up potential for an entire second gate to be “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter?” Also considering UK weather is it possible we see this park get Beijing’s Jurassic World ride rather than the River Adventure? I think that could be a given.

Shockingly--very little on Potter being a whole park :lmao: . Gee, I wonder why.

__
Unironically, I wonder if even Potter is considered for UK; if they might actually go and take a leap on basing it off of the Max show being developed. Would be a way to differentiate it from the "Film" versions being used elsewhere; and could even be something JKR would want for something being developed on her own turf.

There are still other concepts from past ideas that could be considered. Coaster wise, there is the Mack-Rides Suspended InvertPow that was based on Fantastic Beasts. Perhaps changing the premise but keeping the orientation and structure could be possible? If you'd use the film versions, you could also differentiate it as if UK's is on the "Battle of Hogwarts" more than simply being a Forbidden Journey clone. There are options where (assuming if they don't bring FJ due to it's status of originating from Florida) I think it's possible.

Reactions: TheUniC6
If I’m a major corporation trying to steal every dime from all of us…

Potter has increased national attendance for the resort, in the same way I’d imagine Lord Of The Rings would for a Universal London. I’d keep the two of them seperate tbh.

They may not be able to use Potter in the UK since the studio tour is there.

I'd think the key, if they are able to do it; is differentiate the experience that WBUK and UniversalUK would allow. One is a highly themed walkthrough experience with props and costumes (and replica sets). I also think as some have pointed out--the fact WBUK has not done Hogsmeade gives Universal a potential opening, so long as they can get the approval's by WB and JKR.

Universal developing unique parks hasn't been unprecedented (USJ Okinawa nature park that fell through, The second theme park in Beijing,, and now this)...

But I'm 99% sure they are going to go and use the SKY name in the UK rather than the Universal one.

But I'm 99% sure they are going to go and use the SKY name in the UK rather than the Universal one.
If this park comes to fruition, I would be very surprised to see them use Sky branding rather than Universal on the marquee. Could absolutely see Sky appearing in other activations throughout the resort, though.

Breakfast with Kay Burley would make me lose my appetite.
Adam Boulton Meet &Greet could be fun as long as they have an eggs & tomato shop on site.

But to summarise no, there is no reason why any Sky branding would have anything to do with this resort. It's a mistake to assume this park is geared towards just domestic market

I have no words to describe how buzzing I am for this rumour.

The UK is desperate for a location like this. I am very interested to see Comcast’s thoughts of crowd demographics, there is kind of two tribes of park goers over here; those that pay £15 a month to visit all Merlin Parks & attractions, and those that spend big bucks to travel to Orlando (of course there are people fitting in both groups ‍:))

I’m intrigued what the “Merlin Mum” reaction is going to be regarding a probable £100+ a day park.

Very exciting times

I have no words to describe how buzzing I am for this rumour.

The UK is desperate for a location like this. I am very interested to see Comcast’s thoughts of crowd demographics, there is kind of two tribes of park goers over here; those that pay £15 a month to visit all Merlin Parks & attractions, and those that spend big bucks to travel to Orlando (of course there are people fitting in both groups ‍:))

I’m intrigued what the “Merlin Mum” reaction is going to be regarding a probable £100+ a day park.

Very exciting times

Pricing has been on my mind about this (probably because I'm Scottish).

I just can't see a £100 a day ticket flying over here.

I'm trying to think of the most expensive (and slightly similar) day out here currently. Probably HP Studio Tour at ~£60, no one pays full gate price for any Merlin park or BPB.

But with good transport links :expressionless: it would open up easy access for Mainland Europeans, so I think the target market is likely 'families who would normally travel to DLP' and 'once a year trip people' from the UK, and having it as an add-on to UK holidays for those outside the UK.

Maybe, but I'd imagine Universal thinks they can considering DLP is in the $100 range now and this park would be considered a premium versus other parks in the UK.