Universal Great Britain | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get it in specific responses, but you’re replying with this energy to every poster. Even people who generally agree with you. Your response to me is also a good example. I think I was pretty chill.

We appreciate your work, but as someone who is reporting this story you’re kind of setting the tone here.

Also, as a reminder, double posting isn’t allowed.
I think a patronising post singling me out for asking a question is not "pretty chill" and if you carry on doing so I will say something else away from this forum.

As far as everything else you talked about, I am not posting vitriolic conspiracy theories or making new users feel unwelcome. as a moderator who is setting the tone here, me or you? I have no idea what "double posting" is, so feel feel to patronise me on that particular point

I think a patronising post singling me out for asking a question is not "pretty chill" and if you carry on doing so I will say something else away from this forum.

As far as everything else you talked about, I am not posting vitriolic conspiracy theories or making new users feel unwelcome. as a moderator who is setting the tone here, me or you? I have no idea what "double posting" is, so feel feel to patronise me on that particular point

Stepping in here. After how Port Aventura got hot, we’re just erring on the side of caution. You’ve done nothing wrong, and we’ve loved your contributions - we’re just making sure no one misinterprets any tone since we’ve already had a few issues of that in the other thread with other users, despite best intentions.

As far as double posting, it’s a general forum rule we follow which doesn’t allow posting back to back. We ask that users use the multi-quote function, or editing the original post, instead. It helps from an aesthetic standpoint, but also so it doesn’t eat up the database.

Reactions: Nick and Michael S
I'm finding travel time hard to calculate, but based on Population around a point the graph below is how population within Xkm of Bedford (orange) and Orlando (blue) Universal sites stack up. Orlando has more people close to it with a crossover point at about 45km (25 miles) - there are about equal population within 25 miles of each. Beyond 25 miles, the population around Bedford absolutely annihalates that around Orlando with 22 million within 60 miles of the Bedford proposed site vs only 5 million within 60 miles of the Orlando site.

Don't forget that the population density of the South East of England is massive - England as a whole has about a sixth the population of the states in an area less than the size of many single states.

View attachment 20313
Another important point to add. Orlando and LA have very little in the way of public transportation. Most people have to access the parks via automobile. Whereas Greater London has a huge a significant transportation system that provides easy access to those many millions in the easily accessible area.

Another important point to add. Orlando and LA have very little in the way of public transportation. Most people have to access the parks via automobile. Whereas Greater London has a huge a significant transportation system that provides easy access to those many millions in the easily accessible area.
I wouldn't necessarily count out LA altogether. Over the course of the past few years--they've been doing updates to their metro lines and BRTs; and in 2024 they will have a proper connection for LAX to that of Urban Station with the K Line getting the next major extension in October.

It's not so bad to get to USH from LA Metro, especially once the main connection finishes up.

I wouldn't necessarily count out LA altogether. Over the course of the past few years--they've been doing updates to their metro lines and BRTs; and in 2024 they will have a proper connection for LAX to that of Urban Station with the K Line getting the next major extension in October.

It's not so bad to get to USH from LA Metro, especially once the main connection finishes up.
My main point though, is that the ease of Greater London's public transportation system negates the argument against the new park not being as accessible to the population centers like Orlando and LA parks are. With how slow and congested the Orlando and LA roads are, it'll be nearly as quick to get to this new UK park as it is for the outlying Orlando area and LA guests to drive to and park at the USA parks.

You really think someone registering today and immediately posting long diatribes for an hour straight - including about this Wixams station - doesn't raise a huge eyebrow about keeping the "dialogue" going about how "awesome" the transportation connections are?

But I would assume you can see the IP of every member in the admin dashboard. Don't have to share any of that obviously.

This is news to me as I never followed that thread at all. So I probably missed some of the upward trajectory of the tension.
I think we have different definitions of the word diatriabe - I was simply adding information about the train line I spend 10 hours on a week and take an interest in.

Happy for admin to confirm to you via DM that my IP is in Bedford.

One thing I never considered was how popular Luton Airport could become as in the middle of UGB and Warner Brothers Harry Potter studios in Watford.

Only roughly 40 miles between the two attractions and can see fans from overseas tying both in one trip.

Wizz Air and Easy jet based in Luton Airport will be happy if this proceeds

Reactions: yepthatguy
One thing I never considered was how popular Luton Airport could become as in the middle of UGB and Warner Brothers Harry Potter studios in Watford.

Only roughly 40 miles between the two attractions and can see fans from overseas tying both in one trip.

Can't see it myself. It's convenient that it's really so close if you're coming from some euro destinations. But Stansted is only an hour away, has the ability to go 35m pax a year and is in midst of expansion, and the infrastructure to accept international flights. When EWR is done it should be possible to get a train from airport to the park via Cambridge.

I've not flown from Luton for a few years when it was absolutely bursting at the seams. It looks like they've got plans for an expansion with a second terminal - up to 32 million.

Not been on the new airport monorail yet, but it comes straight into Luton Airport Parkway Station (you can see the monorail platform from the Thameslink one). I think it's about 5 minutes from the terminal to the Thameslink line, then about 15-20 mins from Luton Airport Parkway to proposed Wixams. You could probably land and get to the proposed park site in less than an hour if you clear passports quickly and have only hand luggage.

Can't see it myself. It's convenient that it's really so close if you're coming from some euro destinations. But Stansted is only an hour away, has the ability to go 35m pax a year and is in midst of expansion, and the infrastructure to accept international flights. When EWR is done it should be possible to get a train from airport to the park via Cambridge.

Getting to Stansted is a bit of a pain from Bedford though - not that far geographically, but takes LOADS longer than Luton and the public transport options are rubbish. It will be a bit better with EWR, but would still take probably over an hour on the train with changes. Luton Airport on the other hand has 6-8 trains an hour direct from Bedford and takes 25 minutes with no changes. I hate relying on train changes when going to the airport, so avoid like the plague. I always use Luton if possible, ditto for most in these parts.

Last edited:
Getting to Stansted is a bit of a pain from Bedford though - not that far geographically, but takes LOADS longer than Luton and the public transport options are rubbish. It will be a bit better with EWR, but would still take probably over an hour on the train with changes. Luton Airport on the other hand has 6-8 trains an hour direct from Bedford and takes 25 minutes with no changes. I hate relying on train changes when going to the airport, so avoid like the plague. I always use Luton if possible, ditto for most in these parts.

The bit in bold confirms this person is British.

Also in the 2040s (ways to accelerate the project are being looked at) but the K line northern extension will link up with the B line at Hollywood/highland providing a near straight shot from LAX to USH

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Also in the 2040s (ways to accelerate the project are being looked at) but the K line northern extension will link up with the B line at Hollywood/highland providing a near straight shot from LAX to USH

Yup--the means of getting around LA are getting better and better over the course of the past few years; and things are ramping up further and further.

Better discussion for the Trains thread; but it's not so bad (honestly the big thing that needs to get fixed now is the operating hours of routes).
_______
Redirecting back to IP's for potentiality, I wonder if they'd do hotels for specific lands, depending on an IP that could fulfill it. If they can get LOTR, there is one place in particular that feels genuinely ideal for a hotel accomodation (and that'd be The Shire).

Reactions: TheUniC6
Yup--the means of getting around LA are getting better and better over the course of the past few years; and things are ramping up further and further.

Better discussion for the Trains thread; but it's not so bad (honestly the big thing that needs to get fixed now is the operating hours of routes).
_______
Redirecting back to IP's for potentiality, I wonder if they'd do hotels for specific lands, depending on an IP that could fulfill it. If they can get LOTR, there is one place in particular that feels genuinely ideal for a hotel accomodation (and that'd be The Shire).
If UGB got LOTR, I assume that would/could be their take on the Monsters Land coming to EU.

I've not flown from Luton for a few years when it was absolutely bursting at the seams. It looks like they've got plans for an expansion with a second terminal - up to 32 million.

Not been on the new airport monorail yet, but it comes straight into Luton Airport Parkway Station (you can see the monorail platform from the Thameslink one). I think it's about 5 minutes from the terminal to the Thameslink line, then about 15-20 mins from Luton Airport Parkway to proposed Wixams. You could probably land and get to the proposed park site in less than an hour if you clear passports quickly and have only hand luggage.

Luton is ideal if you are flying in from the select places that go in there, but its still a minor airport. If youre flying international your current options are getting from Gatwick and Heathrow, gonna take a LOT longer getting from those to that just over an hour

Give this park a LotR exclusive and an exclusive expansion of Spongebob from UKR. Add SNW. Give it a “Hollywood” catch-all section with Bourne/Bond or Waterworld, Jimmy Fallon Graham Norton’s Race Through Nee York London, a Doctor Who exhibit, and a new Ghostbusters ride using the Mummy system.

Sold. You have a park Europe and the US will travel for.

I just don’t genuinely see Comcast spending the money to get a massive IP they’ve been chasing for a loooong time and then just deciding to use it at only one resort. If they get LOTR, they absolutely will want to bring it to the states in some form.

I just don’t genuinely see Comcast spending the money to get a massive IP they’ve been chasing for a loooong time and then just deciding to use it at only one resort. If they get LOTR, they absolutely will want to bring it to the states in some form.
I don't think an IP being an exclusive to Bedford on opening means it must be exclusive to Bedford forever.