Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thinking about it--I wonder if SpongeBob acts as an "Exclusive" means of hooking and reeling (yes I did the puns, sue me) people to come down to Frisco. Especially when you can say you are the only place in North America that has, The Krusty Krab.
It could be, but on the other hand this seems like a small park. Would they really want that kind of pressure of having this as an indefinite exclusive?

My guess is that if it proves popular enough (which it will) an expanded version comes to Epic Universe as its first new land.

My only confirm with Spondgbob is that it's owned by Paramount and there are rumors Apple is trying to merge it's App with Paramount Plus...which could lead to Apple maybe buying Paramount

But thats all rumors and what if and no idea if it would affect the long term relationship with paramount and universal for using their IP's in park

Lots of interesting choices here...
GARxxYkW0AAIbR2.png

Last edited:
It could be, but on the other hand this seems like a small park. Would they really want that kind of pressure of having this as an indefinite exclusive?

My guess is that if it proves popular enough (which it will) an expanded version comes to Epic Universe as its first new land.
I think Spongebob is pretty much a timeless IP, and would be a massive addition to any of the parks. Could potentially be earmarked for a future Springfield replacement..

So... what are people thinking of that name?

I get that Universal wants to set expectations for what this is going to be, but that's a pretty blunt, no-frills way to do it, isn't it?
It's fine

I think it sets expectations and the art with the IP's interest me so, I'll be for sure within a year of it opening

Reactions: GA-MBIT
So... what are people thinking of that name?

I get that Universal wants to set expectations for what this is going to be, but that's a pretty blunt, no-frills way to do it, isn't it?

The Universal Kids brand has been around for a while--and has been quietly rolled out before at the parks. Makes sense to me, and it allows it to encompass whatever that want.

Pretty straightforward as it should be. Not gonna win any uniqueness awards but it doesn’t need to. Unfortunately, people are dumb.

Putting kids in the name is the simplest/easiest way to do it unfortunately for the public to understand it. Look at how badly Disney failed because the media ran with labeling the Starcruiser as just as a hotel, not as an immersive experience.

At 32 acres the park is small, but for it's theme it's not too small. And heck, Disney's California Adventure, before the Carsland expansion, was only a little more than a third bigger than this all kids lands park. Hollywood Studios upper lot around this same size also. Probably just the right size,

Last edited:
Gonna be honest, I still don't think there's any "dark rides" coming to this place. Indoor rides? No. Rides that are indoors? Yes.

Gonna be honest, I still don't think there's any "dark rides" coming to this place. Indoor rides? No. Rides that are indoors? Yes.
The new concept art (if it's the final concept) makes it look like the Spongebob area will have one.

Not expecting the place to have multiple dark rides, but at least one would be nice.

Thinking about it--I wonder if SpongeBob acts as an "Exclusive" means of hooking and reeling (yes I did the puns, sue me) people to come down to Frisco. Especially when you can say you are the only place in North America that has, The Krusty Krab.
That would make me hope they don't mess up the Burger meat for the Krabby Patty; burgers at USH have been hit or miss for me to the point where I vastly prefer the Luigi burger in SNW.