Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

71764134007-universal-kids-resort-conceptual-rendering.jpg

SpongeBob, Me Boy! Your finally getting a Universal Land!
This is just going on what I can spot on my own (might be missing some), but this park already has DAK and DHS beat in ride count :lmao:

I think Spongebob is pretty much a timeless IP, and would be a massive addition to any of the parks. Could potentially be earmarked for a future Springfield replacement..
Spongebob would be perfect for Springfield replacement now that you mention it.

I'm not opposed to bringing SpongeBob to USF, but I'd stick it into the potential expansion area near old KidZone or somewhere else.

Springfield fit really well alongside Hollywood, New York, San Francisco, and London at USF. If anything, I'd like to see Universal continue this trend of (mostly human) modern towns/cities. Something like Tokyo or Pallet Town/some city from Pokemon would work best IMO.

But I guess I could be wrong about it 'fitting' depending on how the Frisco SpongeBob land turns out.

Spongebob would be perfect for Springfield replacement now that you mention it.
It could probably be done fairly easily with an overlay (as much as I wouldn't want that). But if they're looking for something fairly quick and easy for a replacement, it could probably be done.

A SpongeBob dark ride might be one of the only rides that might have as many adults on it as kids. An ET/CitH dark ride for SpongeBob has always seemed so obvious, especially after you see the store at Studios. (theming in there is beautiful). It's gonna be great seeing that look at full scale in a park! It won't weird to go there without kids to ride that, right? lol

I did wonder if part of the reason Storepants was put where is was was because Universal was planning on building a Spongebob dark ride to replace ET at one point, like a backup in case the ride finally can't go on anymore. Not likely with the Dreamworks stuff going on but seeing this now makes me wonder if a concept was made a long time ago but shelved only to be brought back now.

Overall this park looks like it'll have a great balance of old and new IPs both adults and kids can relate to or are familiar with. Outside of SpongeBob area I'm looking forward to what looks like a larger version of Camp Jurassic.

I could see it being some kind of explorable area, but I don't think they'd want to recreate a restaurant that's infamous for rancid food in the show.
The idea of worms and dirt sounds gross too but when you make it like this? Yum!

dirtcups.jpg
I had more of those than I should have growing up, and I think they have a variation of this at Hogsmeade.

I'm certain they'll find a way to get kids to order Chum Buckets. I mean sure at first it sounds bad but with a little sugar? :D I'm imagining something like chicken chunks or something you'd find from the HHN specialty menu.

This is just going on what I can spot on my own (might be missing some), but this park already has DAK and DHS beat in ride count :lmao:

When we did the counting on the TPS server when Coot was making their updated spec map--it became apparent that it is above Epic Universe in a pure potential ride count xD

15 Rides total for UKR

SpongeBob
- Potential Dark Ride
- Two Mack Twist-n-Splash's potentially themed to Patrick Star
- Rock'nTug themed to Bikini Bottom Bus
- Spinner flat themed to Bikini Bottom Boating School

Jurassic
- Family Coaster (Roller-Skater Model it seems)
- Gyrosphere Spinning Tower Flat
- Two Drop Towers

Shrek/PIB
- Swing Flat
- Outdoor Tracked Attraction themed to Onion Carriages

Trolls
- Samba Tower flat themed to flowers
- Zierer Force Model

Minions
- Possibly Freeze Ray Sliders
- Rapids attraction developed by Intamin (vehicles in the art seem to match the raft style)

It's actually nuts how much they're aiming to make this a pure LEGOland like park in having the rides on day one.

It’s entirely possible the indoor SpongeBob attraction could just be an immersive meet and greet, especially considering you enter through his home as the facade.

I’m not saying it’s not a big enough space for a small Fantasyland style dark ride, so it could be, but when you factor in indoor queue, multiple character meet and greet areas, and backstage entertainment space, this very well could be just for that.

In case we get our hopes up too much.

It’s entirely possible the indoor SpongeBob attraction could just be an immersive meet and greet, especially considering you enter through his home as the facade.

I’m not saying it’s not a big enough space for a small Fantasyland style dark ride, so it could be, but when you factor in indoor queue, multiple character meet and greet areas, and backstage entertainment space, this very well could be just for that.

In case we get our hopes up too much.
Some of just want to dream okay. :'( (I kid :))

I understand what you're saying, the park is small and the demographic is toward the younger crowd too. Personally I'm not expecting HP/EU-levels of budget and detail for this park but something along the lines of Pets or the Yoshi ride would be nice which doesn't sound unrealistic. And I only say this because Universal appears to be positioning themselves as a larger premium brand with these satellite parks, so naturally it comes with higher minimum expectations.

I recently went through the Sesame Street area at SeaWorld and I was surprised how lovely it was to walk through, or at least it was a nice day on my visit. I'm sure it'll be great if it's anything like that!

I don't see the argument in comparing full scale adult rides to small rides for kids. Lots of park's kiddie lands have a ton of rides, Really apples and oranges comparison big time. Meaningless. Heck, Kennywood has that many kid's rides in two areas that comprise a couple of acres.

I wonder how many performance stages there will be... and how many are left abandoned after 2 years. The Ol' Universal Way
Yes. That's why I didn't mind them cutting the Monsters stage show, even though I prefer a good stage show over a minor coaster. That would have given Universal three park stage shows and I could almost guarantee they would have cut at least one out within a couple of years. Universal definitely has a poor history of having patience with live stage shows.

Hey, new to these boards. There is so much interesting stuff happening right now with Epic, Frisco and the UK project. Just my two cents on this:

If you look closely at the concept art, you will see the coaster seems to have a third "rail". So I assume this will surely be a (Mack) powered coaster?

Now, IF Spongebob is coming to Orlando, I'd say it's a better fit for Epic than for USF. With Dreamworks Land and the Illumination stuff, smaller kids will already be very well catered for at the Studios. Meanwhile, I always feel Epic is lacking when it comes to smaller kids. Even most rides at Dragons seem to be geared toward bigger kids. At my local LEGOLAND, the Skyfly and the coasters attract the upper end of the age spectrum only. So really, what's there for the small ones to do apart from the Dragons Splash Battle, Yoshi and Constellation Carousel?

Hey, new to these boards. There is so much interesting stuff happening right now with Epic, Frisco and the UK project. Just my two cents on this:

If you look closely at the concept art, you will see the coaster seems to have a third "rail". So I assume this will surely be a (Mack) powered coaster?

Now, IF Spongebob is coming to Orlando, I'd say it's a better fit for Epic than for USF. With Dreamworks Land and the Illumination stuff, smaller kids will already be very well catered for at the Studios. Meanwhile, I always feel Epic is lacking when it comes to smaller kids. Even most rides at Dragons seem to be geared toward bigger kids. At my local LEGOLAND, the Skyfly and the coasters attract the upper end of the age spectrum only. So really, what's there for the small ones to do apart from the Dragons Splash Battle, Yoshi and Constellation Carousel?
Your reasoning is why I think SpongeBob should takeover IOA. That park really is lacking for the kids. At least on a larger scale.

Now, I think that the overall plan is to bring the little ones not to Orlando, but to Texas. Then when older they can graduate to Orlando.