Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Technically speaking, we have no clarity on any rides and attractions.
Yes, technically we have clarity on nothing, but I have to imagine that most of the stuff in the concept art is final given their current timeline.

I guess the only way to determine this though will just be to find out who the vendors for the park are, or see track installation via a flyover.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Can we collectively figure out a way to summon a Texan Bioreconstruct? Cloning devices, time travel, witchcraft, black magic, crowdfunding, any other kind of general wizardry, I'm open to ideas here!

Flux capacitor is broken, more plutonium is needed, human cloning outlawed, witchcraft is banned in the state due to it being seen as “unchristian,” (don’t tell the muggles about walking on water and turning it into wine, because its somehow ok if He does it.), crowdfunding… …I don’t really see that as an option either since there are already people on YouTube filming this monthly. One video even was already linked here, a few pages back in November when it finally broke ground. That channel has been uploading monthly videos too, but the drone is no where near as good. I don’t know if they would accept crowdfunding, but it definitely would be nice if they could actually fly over rather than hover in one place. They just don’t have the equipment for that yet, I guess.

@diservations on twitter is currently the closest thing I have seen.
Do they have a drone? I’m not on Twitter, so I only know of the one single video on YouTube where they’re on foot panning side to side. I think they had three Shorts too, but it’s just the same video trimmed.

Do they have a drone? I’m not on Twitter, so I only know of the one single video on YouTube where they’re on foot panning side to side. I think they had three Shorts too, but it’s just the same video trimmed.
Not that I am aware of, so far only seen photos from the ground of the ground prep. They may eventually upgrade who knows, but as of now that's the only account I have seen actively covering the park.

lol

I just realized, since there is a Puss and Boots area...if it has a restaurant will it be real Mexican food or Tex-Mex? lol

Also they have to have a BBQ restaurant right? Its Texas

Not that I am aware of, so far only seen photos from the ground of the ground prep. They may eventually upgrade who knows, but as of now that's the only account I have seen actively covering the park.

Here’s one that so far seems to do them monthly. No February yet, but they probably will.

Nah, since this is a local park, it would be a slap in the locals face to have a pseudo BBQ point inside the park.

It is a crime in Texas to defame beef. So whatever those Krabby Patties are made of, better not be beef. BBQ is complicated because a lot of children aren’t fans, ESPECIALLY if their out of state parents use sauce. If you barbecue correctly, there is no need for sauce, as it’s being used as a cover up (masking flavor). It’s like using ketchup on steak. You just don’t. You go directly to jail. Do not Pass Go. Do not collect $200.

The original concept art made it seem like such restaurants could exist, but the recent art looks cheap, like everything’s fast food quality.

Lol

Try the Mexican food at USH, iTS a joke for Mexican food in southern Ca

Well, that’s Mexican food, not Tex Mex. And if you’re talking about that Antojitos Cocina at CityWalk, yikes!!! I agree with you there!

I do not know exactly what region Puss is from, probably Spain, since that’s where Antonio Banderas is from, but to please locals, they most likely would have some form of Tex Mex. Remember, kids are picky, so they’re going to want Mexican food that’s more Tex than Mex. There will be plenty of Mexican and Mexican descendants visiting that may prefer more traditional Mexican food, but I think TexMex would be a safe compromise.

Reactions: belloq87
Here’s one that so far seems to do them monthly. No February yet, but they probably will.

It is a crime in Texas to defame beef. So whatever those Krabby Patties are made of, better not be beef. BBQ is complicated because a lot of children aren’t fans, ESPECIALLY if their out of state parents use sauce. If you barbecue correctly, there is no need for sauce, as it’s being used as a cover up (masking flavor). It’s like using ketchup on steak. You just don’t. You go directly to jail. Do not Pass Go. Do not collect $200.

The original concept art made it seem like such restaurants could exist, but the recent art looks cheap, like everything’s fast food quality.

Well, that’s Mexican food, not Tex Mex. And if you’re talking about that Antojitos Cocina at CityWalk, yikes!!! I agree with you there!

I do not know exactly what region Puss is from, probably Spain, since that’s where Antonio Banderas is from, but to please locals, they most likely would have some form of Tex Mex. Remember, kids are picky, so they’re going to want Mexican food that’s more Tex than Mex. There will be plenty of Mexican and Mexican descendants visiting that may prefer more traditional Mexican food, but I think TexMex would be a safe compromise.

Lol

You think they are bad? Try Cocina Mexicana near where they are building the fast and furious coaster

It’s like literal microwave Mexican food….in California. I remember not believing they could make such bad Mexican food in California
Should be illegal

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...ChAWegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2PyMi_6YQMhJ2641rGRBpL

It is funny I was on a cruise when a man from Texas every night ordered a well done steak and A1 sauce and I wanted to gag about it. So clearly not everyone from Texas knows how to eat/make beef.

It is funny I serve Pulled Pork and/or Brisket at every party at my house and all the kids love and eat it. One mother was shocked her kids ate it but they ate it and loved it. I sent some home with her because she said her husband would never believe her. So if it is good BBQ kids will eat pulled pork. That is my go to food since I have a smoker, my own recipe, and it is CHEAP when feeding a lot of people. I actually never understood BBQ sauce on Brisket until I eat it out and realize how bad most places cook Brisket. I don't understand why people say it is hard to cook, I have never had issues cooking it. But I do agree theme park Brisket is normally not great. I will eat my pulled pork plain, but I also make homemade BBQ sauce with a kick so I will use that too. Never ever put store bought on though. But I hate pulled pork at most restaurants and you are correct you need BBQ to make it edible.

However, I think they absolutely will try a BBQ place and if it fails then will change it. Dollywood has BBQ and they have some fantastic local BBQ places there.

But c'mon, it's Dollywood lol Everything is good there lol.

Anyway, it's good to see SOME type of movement on the park. It has to start somewhere.

But c'mon, it's Dollywood lol Everything is good there lol.

Anyway, it's good to see SOME type of movement on the park. It has to start somewhere.
I do like Dollywood and food is decent, but the BBQ at Delauders and other local places is way better than anything Dollywood offers.

BREAKING: Theme parks are not purveyors of fine dining and perfecting selected cuisines, rather they prefer profit. More at 11.

But seriously, no matter where a park is located they are not worried about making sure their food is the best or close to the best in relation to where they are located. They want easy, quick, and profitable.

Reactions: IzzyB
Not true at all. I have been to several parks that strive to put their best foot forth when it comes to their food. That's all I will say on that as to not derail the thread, but more parks take pride in their food offerings and look to offer the best than you think.