Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Epic and USF were those thrown around above, so I didn't even consider IOA might be a suitable option, too.

Considering the name "Universal Kids Resort" I am a bit bewildered as to not seeing any reference to the actual location there. Reasonably small investments as they are, one would expect Comcast to open up new locations every other year if this proves to be a financial success story.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Your reasoning is why I think SpongeBob should takeover IOA. That park really is lacking for the kids. At least on a larger scale.

Now, I think that the overall plan is to bring the little ones not to Orlando, but to Texas. Then when older they can graduate to Orlando.
You know, the theater in Toon Lagoon would be a good spot for a SpongeBob mini-land.

And Universal can have the mini-land be a part of Toon Lagoon as a way to "modernize" the island.

Ya I wouldn’t do a mini land. SpongeBob the whole Toon Lagoon. Chum Bucket, Krust Krab, character houses etc as a reskin of the Comic Strip walk. Me ship can be turned into a pirate ship. Water rides and a theater show. Writes itself.

All that being said, nothing beyond Frisco is being rumored for the IP as of now. It’s a good sign the relationship is strong, and hopefully brings in families for Universal Kids.

Ya I wouldn’t do a mini land. SpongeBob the whole Toon Lagoon. Chum Bucket, Krust Krab, character houses etc as a reskin of the Comic Strip walk. Me ship can be turned into a pirate ship. Water rides and a theater show. Writes itself.

All that being said, nothing beyond Frisco is being rumored for the IP as of now. It’s a good sign the relationship is strong, and hopefully brings in families for Universal Kids.
The benefit of a mini-land/sub-area of Toon Lagoon would be that, theoretically, it would basically be an expansion netting the park an attraction or two.

Popeye is way too iconic of a character to just replace. Dudley Do-Right I would argue can be replaced, but I think Toon Lagoon should stay as Toon Lagoon. Having a mix of both classic and modern cartoons sounds ideal to me.

Just as @belloq87 mentioned, replacing the Toon Lagoon theater would add to IOA's current attraction line-up.

I think you could easily retheme Dudley's as a driving school attraction with Mrs. Puff.

I'm more on board with the mini-land idea. Maybe create a fork from MSHI with the lefthand path going to where the current theater and Comic Strip Cafe are now into Bikini Bottom and then the righthand side being the classic Toon Lagoon.

Am I the only one who's kinda straying away from one IP lands? While I love the potter areas, They seem to be more focused on a particular location. Getting back to Universal Kids, I look at this park as being so small that little mini-lands may, in fact, work well and mesh as one big environment/world. Especially if each area offers different level of rides/play/shows.

Am I the only one who's kinda straying away from one IP lands? While I love the potter areas, They seem to be more focused on a particular location. Getting back to Universal Kids, I look at this park as being so small that little mini-lands may, in fact, work well and mesh as one big environment/world. Especially if each area offers different level of rides/play/shows.
I'm good with both

They both have strengths and weakness. I think it's all about balance

Depends on execution.

Universal is doing a terrific job at Epic... Minion Land not so much lol

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Depends on execution.

Universal is doing a terrific job at Epic... Minion Land not so much lol
Epic kinda has both

Monster is a mixed land based on more then one film, even Potter while based on the series the ride and show I think are based on two different series's....Fantastic beasts and the Potter films/books.
Even SNW is to me kinda mixed, it has Mario Kart and then the Mario series which....are different and DK has very different vides from SNW.

So I think Epic is a great example of how to do it right

It's not a full-scale park, but if Universal can crank these things out within 2 years, imagine how many of these will be open within a decade if it proves a success.
That's my hope

I'm really hoping somewhere near Vegas....or can I dream another CA park? Maybe down south near Lego land

But yeah, Universal is so smart with these and the HHN location, it just is a small investment compared to resorts. It will also allow many IP that don't fit in the big parks but will make money like Spongebob