Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like to me Bikini bottom could include not only what could be a dark ride, but if you look closely at the Concept art it looks like there seems to be a single reskin of Kang and Koodos as a Jellyfish flat ride.

Looks like to me Bikini bottom could include not only what could be a dark ride, but if you look closely at the Concept art it looks like there seems to be a single reskin of Kang and Koodos as a Jellyfish flat ride.

Yup--there also seems to be a dual-version of the Mack-Rides Twist'nSplash that is themed to the Bikini Bottom Boating School, and a B.C. Bus Model themed to Bikini Bottom Bus's. Upon seeing Coot's words, I now see how he can get the Rock'nTug.

Shrek has a tracked outdoor ride that seemingly will have guests in the onion carriages from 4D/2, PIB has a swing ride, Trolls has a Zierer kids coaster, and possibly JW has a version of the layout of a Roller Skater? A lot more "ride" options than I expected, tbh.

Well, if they're paying for the Sponge Bob IP, perhaps they'll use it in some of the Florida parks. ....Lot of you have been clamoring for that for years.
A dumb thought but it is one I have--but I wonder if SpongeBob will exclusively have the land be in Texas for a x-amount of years in general.

Feels like the kind of brand that would serve as a "Potter-like" headliner in the terms of scale for a Kids park; especially with having stuff like being able to go into SpongeBob's house, or having a Krabby Patty (or Pretty Patty). I can easily see people flocking just for this.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I'm surprised to see Universal going with the SpongeBob IP despite the attraction opening in Las Vegas early next year. Seems they typically avoid using characters that can be found at other parks, even if the attractions are minor.

While discussing the rides and themes is fun, it is hard not to overlook the lush and green landscape depicted in the concept art of the park. The city of Frisco probably loves that, and honestly, I believe the landscaping to some degree will make this place enjoyable just to walk around, even if someone does not try all the rides.

While discussing the rides and themes is fun, it is hard not to overlook the lush and green landscape depicted in the concept art of the park. The city of Frisco probably loves that, and honestly, I believe the landscaping to some degree will make this place enjoyable just to walk around, even if someone does not try all the rides.
"putting the park back into theme parks" or whatever the quote was from a few weeks back lol

If Krusty Krab is the restaurant, maybe SpongeBob’s house is just indoor meet and greet.

Or maybe an indoor flat with controlled environment like what they had originally planned before the Panda swap.

Dark ride sounds like something for expansion based on success.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
From longtime user Perceptive Coot, an updated version of Spec Map they made!

New_Frisco_Spec_v3.jpg

If Krusty Krab is the restaurant, maybe SpongeBob’s house is just indoor meet and greet.

Or maybe an indoor flat with controlled environment like what they had originally planned before the Panda swap.

Dark ride sounds like something for expansion based on success.

If I was going to have an external group be your "Headliner" External IP for a prototype park that would be your first time, I would argue you go all out to give them some kind of a dark ride.

Plus, it isn't uncommon for LEGOland to have dark rides. The Ninjago attractions plus LEGOLand Factory come to mind.

Another point in defense for a SpongeBob Dark Ride comes down to that of the showbuilding size for what seems to be it is likely the largest showbuilding in the park at the start. On-par with the Hotels; it's a beefy boi that I doubt would be just for a M&G or a flat.

New_Frisco_Spec_v3.jpg

If I was going to have an external group be your "Headliner" External IP for a prototype park that would be your first time, I would argue you go all out to give them some kind of a dark ride.

Plus, it isn't uncommon for LEGOland to have dark rides. The Ninjago attractions plus LEGOLand Factory come to mind.

Another point in defense for a SpongeBob Dark Ride comes down to that of the showbuilding size for what seems to be it is likely the largest showbuilding in the park at the start. On-par with the Hotels; it's a beefy boi that I doubt would be just for a M&G or a flat.
Krusty Krab being a pizza shop lol

New_Frisco_Spec_v3.jpg

I mean, Circus Circus is getting a SpongeBob dark ride lol. It's very possible a small, classic style dark ride could end up here as well. We are not talking bout a version of spiderman but something like the cat in the hat could easily be done. I look at this park is Universal's Legoland and have dark rides. . .
I could see the Spongebob dark ride being akin to something like Midway Mania if it is indeed an interactive shooting ride. Also glad to see Shrek represented as well.

Spongebob Land confirmation is something I did not expect to see today haha, this is huge!

I am very excited, and even more determined to check out this park than I already was! I hope this all bodes well for the future of Universal/Viacom partnership within the parks, and that we see more Spongebob implemented in the existing parks.

Up to this point, it really seemed like the partnership was on the verge of completely dissolving, with Nick Studios, Jimmy Neutron, and Superstar Parade all getting sent to the shadow realm with Jimbo. Alongside Storepants being in a peculiar position next to the current Dreamworks redevelopment. I hope this means Spongebob could catch an upgrade when the Storepants license expires rather than an eviction notice haha! Bikini Bottom USF is not dead after all! Happy December to me!