Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Lack of Announcements Thread

EZ Universal Project Tracker

Announced:
Endless Summer Resort - Surfside/Dockside Inn & Suites

Awaiting Name/Details:
Harry Potter Coaster

Still To-Be-Announced:
Jurassic Park/World Coaster
T2 Replacement
Sindbad Replacement
Emeril's Citywalk Replacement
Emeril's Tchoup Chop Replacement
Today Show Cafe

Park Expansions Still To-Be-Announced:
KidZone Replacement
Volcano Bay Expansion
Park 4/Dry Park 3
Additional Resorts

Did I miss anything? Or did you guys fall asleep? :lol:

Now Bourne is an attraction I think needs no announcement...It could basically just be mentioned in a blog post next to Big Fire Grill
I really hope they don’t hype up Bourne as a big addition. That would be a little embarrassing to see them push Bourne as a huge addition to the resort.

I really hope they don’t hype up Bourne as a big addition. That would be a little embarrassing to see them push Bourne as a huge addition to the resort.

Won't that depend on what the finished product is? If it's a ground breaking stunt/stage show like the T2 show was when it opened, it has the potential to be a great E-ticket addition to the park. If it's the caliber of the Sinbad show, then it's a casual mention of "...we also opened a new show".

EZ Universal Project Tracker

Announced:
Endless Summer Resort - Surfside/Dockside Inn & Suites

Awaiting Name/Details:
Harry Potter Coaster

Still To-Be-Announced:
Jurassic Park/World Coaster
T2 Replacement
Sindbad Replacement
Emeril's Citywalk Replacement
Emeril's Tchoup Chop Replacement
Today Show Cafe

Park Expansions Still To-Be-Announced:
KidZone Replacement
Volcano Bay Expansion
Park 4/Dry Park 3
Additional Resorts

Did I miss anything? Or did you guys fall asleep? :lol:

Outside of Kidzone Still being around when I have grandkids, you got it down.

Other things to note:
-Tchoup chop already got done with a character breakfast- that seems to be all they are going to do there.
-Sindbad doesn’t have any immediate plans that anyone is aware of. It appears to be Toon Lagoon theater 2.0 until LC finally gets leveled one of these days.

Super Bowl came and went with nothing, though I imagine CBS was less willing to bargain with ad rates than an NBC airing. TBF, Disney also abstained from a GE ad.

I guess we’re back to any day now.

If they post an announcement today I’ll laugh.
Looked like Universal split the fee with Walmart. Just nothing for the parks

Idea: Universal doesn’t talk about attractions because they’re frustratingly terrified about new attractions stopping people from vacationing at the parks before the new thing opens.

You have to tell people some amount of time in advance so they have time to plan their trips though.

Universal has almost definitely figured out when people book their trips. If Potter coaster opens in September, then Universal (hypothetically) has data to prove that announcements in June are the right time to maximize people booking September vacations

The Air Force, Army, & Navy..... Marketing Blitzkrieg

What's the American version of James Bond for the espionage angle? Oh god, it's Bourne isn't it?

@Alicia can be Black Widow.

Idea: Universal doesn’t talk about attractions because they’re frustratingly terrified about new attractions stopping people from vacationing at the parks before the new thing opens.

You have to tell people some amount of time in advance so they have time to plan their trips though.

Universal has almost definitely figured out when people book their trips. If Potter coaster opens in September, then Universal (hypothetically) has data to prove that announcements in June are the right time to maximize people booking September vacations

I would love to know what the repeat business is now. I went to Orlando every year for 16 years straight and plenty of other families did so it didn't matter if a new attraction was opening as it was simply just an excuse to come back again.

With the massive increase in ticket prices over the last decade, how many families are going every year now? With plenty of people also making that once in a life time trip, a new ride opening could be enough to push back a year.

I would love to know what the repeat business is now. I went to Orlando every year for 16 years straight and plenty of other families did so it didn't matter if a new attraction was opening as it was simply just an excuse to come back again.

With the massive increase in ticket prices over the last decade, how many families are going every year now? With plenty of people also making that once in a life time trip, a new ride opening could be enough to push back a year.

I'm sure it varies from family to family, depending on what people do with their time. As a kid, my parents and I went to Orlando every year (until I was 10 or so), with a smaller vacation elsewhere.

I have now been to UOR 7 times in the last two years. I live in Tennessee, but I also have an AP. People who want to go regularly will find their own way to justify it, just like I have. (To be fair, I keep saying I'm just going to do one trip for HHN, but then my friends/family want to go, and I can't say no to increasing the value of my AP!)

I'm sure it varies from family to family, depending on what people do with their time. As a kid, my parents and I went to Orlando every year (until I was 10 or so), with a smaller vacation elsewhere.

I have now been to UOR 7 times in the last two years. I live in Tennessee, but I also have an AP. People who want to go regularly will find their own way to justify it, just like I have. (To be fair, I keep saying I'm just going to do one trip for HHN, but then my friends/family want to go, and I can't say no to increasing the value of my AP!)
Can't beat the value of the AP, even for us far out of staters. One of the ways Universal reeled me in for so many visits. ...Great resorts with great value, along with great parks, in a great close to everything setting helped a wee bit too. :)