Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Lack of Announcements Thread

Well the business attire people could be anyone. Lots of groups have been around the park in the past few weeks and as i've stated previously, the park gets rented out often, and those that show up tend to dress up.
Do they tend to bring clipboards? :D

Do they tend to bring clipboards? :D
I thought you were talking about those being separate people. Even still, those could've been leads or management types within UOR. Many of them dress nicely and DO carry around clipboards.

Of course it's also possible that you did see some of the execs. I imagine they've been here for more than just a day.

Well the business attire people could be anyone. Lots of groups have been around the park in the past few weeks and as i've stated previously, the park gets rented out often, and those that show up tend to dress up.
The badges were Universal but IoA and most of CW were booked that night.

I thought you were talking about those being separate people. Even still, those could've been leads or management types within UOR. Many of them dress nicely and DO carry around clipboards.

Of course it's also possible that you did see some of the execs. I imagine they've been here for more than just a day.
They were in packs of 5 - 6 looking like there was a big meeting later.

Telling us the title of a coaster isn't going to "build up too much hype". It's basic info. There is no excuse why they feel they need to hold their cards so close to their chest. Disney on the other hand will do a video blog on how they made the railings in the queue. It's often overkill. UOR doesn't need to "do that", but they should throw some crumbs at us more often then they currently do.

Telling us the title of a coaster isn't going to "build up too much hype". It's basic info. There is no excuse why they feel they need to hold their cards so close to their chest. Disney on the other hand will do a video blog on how they made the railings in the queue. It's often overkill. UOR doesn't need to "do that", but they should throw some crumbs at us more often then they currently do.

"We" don't matter. Until Universal sees a negative repercussion for not announcing details (ie the expected vacationer crowds don't show up for a new Potter attraction), they're not going to change how they do business.

"We" don't matter. Until Universal sees a negative repercussion for not announcing details (ie the expected vacationer crowds don't show up for a new Potter attraction), they're not going to change how they do business.

I guess that's the point. We SHOULD matter.

I guess that's the point. We SHOULD matter.

We don't spend anywhere near enough to matter as much as the vacationers.

Besides, we get more info from Alicia and the like than you'll ever get out of Uni. I'm perfectly content with that

You're right, but it's getting awfully close. I keep saying that Super Bowl is their one shot at breaking thru the Star Wars hype.

There is no breaking through the Star Wars hype.

There is no breaking through the Star Wars hype.

So what, Universal should just not try? That's a weird way of looking at it. I'm saying that it's the only way to get vacationers' widespread attention of an alternative since they've barely hyped this thing. There was little to no coverage of this in the press, and the one that had a freaking shot, Universal management pulled it down super quick.

So what, Universal should just not try? That's a weird way of looking at it. I'm saying that it's the only way to get vacationers' widespread attention of an alternative since they've barely hyped this thing. There was little to no coverage of this in the press, and the one that had a freaking shot, Universal management pulled it down super quick.

They'll try. Most vacationers to UOR book <6 months out. I think we'll probably see the hype machine ramp up in the coming weeks.

But you're just never going to break through the hype of something people have been waiting for for like decades.

Well obviously it's not going to overtake it, but Universal needs to at least put their foot down and command some presence. In my view, a Super Bowl commercial is the only last possible chance to do that for 2019. It's the only way, even for a second to come out and not be absolutely blinded by Galaxy's Edge.

Well obviously it's not going to overtake it, but Universal needs to at least put their foot down and command some presence. In my view, a Super Bowl commercial is the only last possible chance to do that for 2019. It's the only way, even for a second to come out and not be absolutely blinded by Galaxy's Edge.

I'll almost guarantee you won't be getting a Harry Potter coaster Super Bowl commercial

I'll almost guarantee you won't be getting a Harry Potter coaster Super Bowl commercial

I really really hope you're wrong, because otherwise they're shrugging. It's an absolute shrug. It almost reads as overconfidence, as in "Potter will bring in crowds and we don't need marketing". Keep in mind that GE doesn't even open until December in Florida, whereas JW over at USH has been getting way more marketing zazz and that opens right alongside DL's GE.

And you're right: until vacation planning drastically plummets as a result of these decisions, they won't change their modus operandi but it's getting to dangerous waters right now.

I can't see spending that type of money on a one shot. IT could buy coverage for much longer. Lots of eyeballs but little staying power IMO unless you catch magic like a game worn jersey.

Superbowl commercials have a pretty long shelf life and get featured on dozens of sites after the fact.