Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal moving on from Biometric Lockers

Supposedly they started changing this morning. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Either allow bags or make them free again.

Yup. Confirmed by UO on the UOAP group. $2 per ride for large lockers. Good luck with that guest services.

Where's the unlike button?

Hopefully this is a temp thing. IIRC, Universal does not allow bags due to warranty reasons (where Disney buys the rides outright so they can do whatever the want...including maintenance). Doubt that would suddenly change...maybe they're trying to see how many people really NEED the large?

Although, if you have a Freestyle cup, it's already game over.

Supposedly they started changing this morning. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Either allow bags or make them free again.

Yup. Confirmed by UO on the UOAP group. $2 per ride for large lockers. Good luck with that guest services.
Wow, I just saw that, it definitely changed overnight. I think that once you pay $2 for one large ride locker, you should be able to use the others for free for the rest of the day.

Wow, I just saw that, it definitely changed overnight. I think that once you pay $2 for one large ride locker, you should be able to use the others for free for the rest of the day.

Unless they've been looking at the SeaWorld system. A one time locker fee or an all day option for more. Besides the cost, it's adding an extra step which will be a pain.

Unless they've been looking at the SeaWorld system. A one time locker fee or an all day option for more. Besides the cost, it's adding an extra step which will be a pain.
I believe even the one time use costs money at SeaWorld/BGT. They offer one time for like a dollar or something and all day for five dollars, at least last time I used a locker anyway. Used to be 75 cents and take change only, but has moved on to a credit card system since Cobras Curse and Mako opened.

I believe even the one time use costs money at SeaWorld/BGT. They offer one time for like a dollar or something and all day for five dollars, at least last time I used a locker anyway. Used to be 75 cents and take change only, but has moved on to a credit card system since Cobras Curse and Mako opened.

I think it’s currently a $1 for a one time use or $10 all day. The system sucks however.

This is a bad move but let’s be real here: this ain’t penny pinching, it’s finding more ways to get money and pay for these upgrades.

I hate this nickel and dime approach. The price should be included in the park ticket.

The ridiculous parking fees for the parks and hotels.

What’s next? Resort fees?

But the small lockers are still free for a time for all necessary rides?

Too, do they not offer the service of holding all your purchases at the front of the park for when you leave?

This wouldn’t be a huge problem if so many popular rides didn’t need lockers. With the new Potter coaster three of the Potter rides will need them so that’s $6 there. People will need to spend upwards of $10 if they want to ride good rides. Get out of here with that crap.

But the small lockers are still free for a time for all necessary rides?

Too, do they not offer the service of holding all your purchases at the front of the park for when you leave?

Small lockers are still free and so far this sounds like it’s a test at MiB only.

(Also hi UOR PR people likely reading this, don’t charge for your mandatory lockers.)

Seconded. Although I don't know in what world that people would be okay with this. If day lockers up front went up, that would be a totally different story.

I'll say that it doesn't matter much to me (I like traveling light, minus the Freestyle cup), I can make do with the tiny lockers. I feel bad for people who either lug around larger cameras or children (although young children would probably have a stroller/child swap scenario that would negate the need for a locker entirely). If they really need the money, just tack on a couple bucks onto the entry tickets and/or a couple extra cents for food. It'll add up and keep people slightly more satisfied.