Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal moving on from Biometric Lockers

You can fit a lot in one small locker, but some backpacks are just not going to fit in a small at all.

How many people are going to give it a good try anyway? Worse still, if it doesn't fit, they're either going to try and fit everything into two lockers or pay for a large one.

This simple locker interaction has at best resulted in taking twice as long as before.

It's also a problem that can't be fixed by using PSAs.

Edit: What I'm amazed hasn't been discussed yet is buying a bag that can be securely attached to a railing. This is going to be a security nightmare if it catches on.

yeah I'm not going to lie... I'd def get two (or more) lockers or get my shoehorn out before I'd pay for a big locker

Sorry it's the principal.

Aren't groups of people just going to use multiple free lockers instead of one big locker like they would have if a larger one was free, thus tying up the the locker system even more?

"One person per party!" is already ignored. Why not make those locker lines more exciting!!

Edit: What I'm amazed hasn't been discussed yet is buying a bag that can be securely attached to a railing. This is going to be a security nightmare if it catches on.

I thought I saw someone posting one already...

Thank goodness that I almost always have a companion with me that doesn't like going on these rides. Designated pack mules are always superior to lockers.

How is the lockers situation now? Do they still charge for larger lockers? Have they replaced the lockers at Forbidden Journey yet?

How is the lockers situation now? Do they still charge for larger lockers? Have they replaced the lockers at Forbidden Journey yet?
Yes. And the prices for lockers at Volcano Bay went up. $16 now for the largest locker over there.

This is why I bought that small sling pack with the ultimate warrior tassels in Pandora.

I've fortunately changed my park packing ways and typically go without a bag now, but I still have a couple of baby bags that would work nicely in the tiny lockers.

Not sure if this is discussed in the thread...

I recall a guy in the locker room at FJ trying to open his locker (fingerprint ones) only to be told to pay $3.00. He must have been gone for a long time. I'm wondering if the new free lockers have this payment thing attached to them as well?

If we rode the new Potter coaster first thing with hardly a wait, and the decided to ride it again for a second time in a row, could we just leave our stuff in the same locker? Or, would we only get dinged something like $3.00....

I recall a guy in the locker room at FJ trying to open his locker (fingerprint ones) only to be told to pay $3.00. He must have been gone for a long time. I'm wondering if the new free lockers have this payment thing attached to them as well?

If we rode the new Potter coaster first thing with hardly a wait, and the decided to ride it again for a second time in a row, could we just leave our stuff in the same locker? Or, would we only get dinged something like $3.00....
Yes, if you hog the locker beyond the "free" time you will need to pay. Usually the free time is very generous. I often do MiB three in a row if the single line is nonexistant. No need to go back to the locker just note the time you have to be back by.

All the small lockers are free for a certain time depending on the wait time. It tells you when you get the locker. So be back before then and you’re all good.

Yes, if you hog the locker beyond the "free" time you will need to pay. Usually the free time is very generous. I often do MiB three in a row if the single line is nonexistant. No need to go back to the locker just note the time you have to be back by.

I wouldn't "hog" the locker. I'm willing to pay the $3.00 without question. I was just wondering if the new free lockers had this set up as well.

All the small lockers are free for a certain time depending on the wait time. It tells you when you get the locker. So be back before then and you’re all good.

Thanks! I kind assumed this, but I wasn't sure.

Yes they do. You’re given a free time of the posted wait plus some extra time. Once you pass it there’s a charge per half hour or hour.