Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Predictions:
  • Bourne is revealed, early to mid 2020, will seem promising in the presentation, but will disappoint on ride time
  • JW makeover for IOA, coaster and JP the ride redo announced, will be open in 2021 and is the main focus of the presentation
  • Parade or new show, not much info, maybe some concept art for a 2022 thing
  • Fantastic Worlds will be announced, but probably at the end, with the info being a name or the official c0nfirmation that it is coming, no date or lands announced, if it is announced at all.
The coaster and bourne are givens, expecting 2022 will be a "year off" for them as they prepare for fantastic worlds. Despite what Alicia is saying (and her reliability) I am not expecting anything Fantastic Worlds related for the event.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Predictions:
  • Bourne is revealed, early to mid 2020, will seem promising in the presentation, but will disappoint on ride time
  • JW makeover for IOA, coaster and JP the ride redo announced, will be open in 2021 and is the main focus of the presentation
  • Parade or new show, not much info, maybe some concept art for a 2022 thing
  • Fantastic Worlds will be announced, but probably at the end, with the info being a name or the official c0nfirmation that it is coming, no date or lands announced, if it is announced at all.
The coaster and bourne are givens, expecting 2022 will be a "year off" for them as they prepare for fantastic worlds. Despite what Alicia is saying (and her reliability) I am not expecting anything Fantastic Worlds related for the event.

They wouldn't host a press conference at the convention center if this didn't have to relate to the expansion plot somehow.

They wouldn't host a press conference at the convention center if this didn't have to relate to the expansion plot somehow.

Gonna disagree here because monetarily its a loss of money renting out convention center. I think this is a more of a large scale event which is why they want a huge venue. Actually rephrase...which room are they using?

Reactions: HPFred
I could be misremembering, but I could have sworn there were permits for a VB project sometime last year. @ParkRumors would remember better than me

You're correct, there was a Project 533 permit filed in March of this year with the SFWMD. Unfortunately, all the documents are redacted so it's impossible to tell exactly what it's for, but the project description is a little bit telling:

CFkbISu.png

My initial guess was that it might have been for the reconfiguration of the area behind Puihi and Maku for the eventual expansion of the path into the expansion plot back there. I have no idea if there has been any construction spotted at the park since then though, and it could have easily been for a different area. :shrug:

Has Jurassic World been rumored to be one of the new "worlds" at FW? It's kinda already been done at IOA, but having some of the attractions from the original Jurassic World movie, such as the Gyrosphere or a form of Jeep exploration, would be soooo cool. "Jurassic World" would fit perfectly with Universal's naming scheme.

Has Jurassic World been rumored to be one of the new "worlds" at FW? It's kinda already been done at IOA, but having some of the attractions from the original Jurassic World movie, such as the Gyrosphere or a form of Jeep exploration, would be soooo cool. "Jurassic World" would fit perfectly with Universal's naming scheme.
The big rumor for JW is at IOA, in-part of a rebrand of the entire land.

Amazed people think blog post material is going to be the focus for this. The coaster and Bourne is not what this is about.
No Bourne and the coaster could be included if they do a full presentation of the future of the resort. Anyone who thinks this isn’t about FW though considering it’s taking place at the convention center I believe is wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.