Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also if you stay on Universal Property they charge you for Parking. If you stay on Disney Property they don't. Thor never heard of a parking pass. You might want to look in to some other way to get in to skip on paying parking.

I don't care about paying for parking. I was hoping they had a parking pass you could buy. Oh well. Not an issue. I have to pay for parking when I go to Six Flags Great Adventure. My season pass does not include parking. Didn't buy that option. I'll survive splitting the cost of parking with my friend. No biggie.

It's a lot cheaper to get free parking at Universal Orlando than Disney World. At Universal, the cheapest annual pass that includes parking is $229.99 ($219.99 for Florida Residents). At Disney World, it's $552.74 ($414 for Florida Residents).

Well you are paying for more parks at Disney.

It's a lot cheaper to get free parking at Universal Orlando than Disney World. At Universal, the cheapest annual pass that includes parking is $229.99 ($219.99 for Florida Residents). At Disney World, it's $552.74 ($414 for Florida Residents).

Shouldn't double the parks=double the price? Free parking at Disney can be easy if you know where to go.

Right. But if Universal is charging $220 for 2 parks, then Disney's non-FL price includes a 5th gate that does not exist. :lol:

Way I look at it, in Disney, you have 4 parks, spaced out a good distance from each other. The resorts are spaced out a good distance from the parks and DTD. Disney provides buses from resorts to parks to DTD. Disney provides Monorail service from resorts and TTC/parking lot to MK and Epcot. Disney provides boat transportation from certain resorts to the parks and to DTD. So, in reality, you are paying for this service. Buses, Monorails, and boats aren't cheap to maintain and run. The cost is passed onto the consumer.

Universal doesn't have this issue. The resorts aren't terribly far from the park, and could be in walking distance for some. If not, take your car. You can leave one Universal park and walk 2 minutes to the other. Oh and if you want to go to CityWalk, it is right there. No extra distance needed to be traveled. Universal can charge less for their AP.

Central Florida News 13 is a non-affiliated 24 hour local news channel that is owned and operated by Brighthouse cable.
No wonder their site looks like Bay News 9's...I believe they are partner stations if I'm correct..
back on topic though...I know it's probably been said before, but Disney has no real justification for it's ticket increases, what was the last ride to cost that much besides the upcoming Fantasyland and even still the increase should take place after that opens...I can't wait (sarcasm) to see how high prices will be after that opens...

No wonder their site looks like Bay News 9's...I believe they are partner stations if I'm correct..
back on topic though...I know it's probably been said before, but Disney has no real justification for it's ticket increases, what was the last ride to cost that much besides the upcoming Fantasyland and even still the increase should take place after that opens...I can't wait (sarcasm) to see how high prices will be after that opens...

Well even my local NBC affiliate was bashing Universal for the increases. And yes, they do. Construction is currently going on. So they are currently spending money. Employee wages went up. That money needs to come from somewhere. Most Disney attendance went down. If anything, what justification does Universal have? IOA went up 30%. USH went up 26%. Merchandise and food sales sky rocketed. Why do they need more of our money then they have already gotten?*

*Note: I am not saying I don't understand why Universal bumped prices. I do. I'm just trying to be fair.

Personally, I don't think either of them should of increased their prices. At some point, the increases have to stop. I can't imagine a day when it will cost over $100 for a single day admission.

I am a Disney fanboy. But I understand why both companies chose to increase prices.

And that's fair. I get why people don't agree with the raise, but to compare why one company has more of a reason to increase over the other is ludicrous. They are both building for the future, and are expanding their respective resorts.

And that's fair. I get why people don't agree with the raise, but to compare why one company has more of a reason to increase over the other is ludicrous. They are both building for the future, and are expanding their respective resorts.

That's the point I was trying to make. That the situation is ridiculous, but to say one it okay and the other isn't is just ignoring what's going on.

Both increses are equally ludicrous in my opinion. Not to mention the cost of parking has been slowly going up as well, thats one I don't get either. Pricing is going up mainly because they can and no one will say anything about it to complain, one person may complain but the next persoin will pay no problem.

But in all honesty, they want to make more money, and the only way to do that is to raise pricing. But here's a question I would pose to you all.

Would you rather pay another $3 at the gate and the rest of the pricing, merch, food, etc.. stay the same, or the gate price dropping with all of those things going up?

I don't really have a problem with either price increase. My issues are what they are doing with the money. The FLE is 10 years late and still won't add an E Ticket. The MK hasn't gotten an E Ticket in 19 years. I would list all the condos and hotels that they have added since that time but I am lazy. And now other than the FLE the only things coming are a DVC for the Grand, a DVC for the poly and a DVC in the campground.
As opposed to Universal that have Transformers, Wondersea Island, and Potter II. Oh, and a 550 room hotel.

One of the resorts is dumping a bunch of stuff in that effects me the other is dumping a bunch of money into stuff I will never use. Which one do you think I am more willing to give my money to?

I don't really have a problem with either price increase. My issues are what they are doing with the money. The FLE is 10 years late and still won't add an E Ticket. The MK hasn't gotten an E Ticket in 19 years. I would list all the condos and hotels that they have added since that time but I am lazy. And now other than the FLE the only things coming are a DVC for the Grand, a DVC for the poly and a DVC in the campground.
As opposed to Universal that have Transformers, Wondersea Island, and Potter II. Oh, and a 550 room hotel.

One of the resorts is dumping a bunch of stuff in that effects me the other is dumping a bunch of money into stuff I will never use. Which one do you think I am more willing to give my money to?

How sure are you it will be a 550 room hotel? What price point? :lol: