Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How sure are you it will be a 550 room hotel? What price point? :lol:

The hotel plans were drawn up years ago. And at that point it was a 550 room art deco style hotel based on old Hollywood. I have heard that they are now ready to move ahead with the hotel. But I am just assuming that they are going to use the plans from earlier.

It is to be their lowest price hotel. And will be considered a "value" resort.

Here is the concept art (released by Universal).

dbartnewhotelconcept1we.jpg

I am sorry saying this is coming and that is coming is not a reason to raise a price, Universal raised Prices at IOA for years and there was no New ride coming and when it was coming they raised it again. The reality is they can they will and they will continue to do it. Think about when each park raises parking a dollar, When they raise the price of a soda a quarter the price of hot dog a pretzel. Sorry Both Park are doing it for One reason period Stock Holders want a return for there investment. This is like my company raising the price of the services we give now because we are planning in 2-3 years to offer another service. And What if something happens and we decide oh we can't do that now. Also a 550 room hotel would be paid for by Lowes not Universal and of course they have raised there rates also to get ready for it.

I am sorry saying this is coming and that is coming is not a reason to raise a price, Universal raised Prices at IOA for years and there was no New ride coming and when it was coming they raised it again. The reality is they can they will and they will continue to do it. Think about when each park raises parking a dollar, When they raise the price of a soda a quarter the price of hot dog a pretzel. Sorry Both Park are doing it for One reason period Stock Holders want a return for there investment. This is like my company raising the price of the services we give now because we are planning in 2-3 years to offer another service. And What if something happens and we decide oh we can't do that now. Also a 550 room hotel would be paid for by Lowes not Universal and of course they have raised there rates also to get ready for it.

Well Loews though just operates the hotels, they didn't build them. And I doubt that Loews, which usually caters to more higher end resorts, would want to run a "value" hotel as well.

Actually there is talk of this NOT being a Loews Hotel. But it would still be a third party vendor, not Universal. And I believe that Universal OWNS all of the hotels except Hard Rock. Loews is just the operator (at least that is my understanding of the arrangement).

I would 100% rather have the increase at the gate. I can justify my ticket, but not a $15 hamburger.

Exactly, however, I've had some burgers in the past that were so good I would have gladly paid $20 for it :lol:

Parking prices at Universal bother me much less (as long as I'm not on the top floor). At least my car is in the shade all day. In theory people are paying for their cars to sit out in the sun at Disney. However they also shuttle guest to the gate. Double edged sword.

I paid $15 at Disney for my Minute Maid orange juice to explode in the heat and become some weird stinky orange gunk at the end of the day.

Lol! True..but it would have never happened at Universal though!

No, instead you have a cluster**** of cars spilling out of the parking-ticket booths not knowing whether to turn into the right or left garage because there is no person directing them and cones that are scattered haphazardly with no clear direction of where to drive.

I've seen four accidents, might I add. Two just after the tolls and two inside the garages on the ramps. Disney? Zero (and I've worked there six years).

Last edited: