Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is all those really bad looking hotels will remodel themselves and make I-Drive look somewhat nicer with the expected attendance increase. I would not be surprised if Universal and the City "partner up" to make the whole area in between look nice.
The county I believe has designated the area around the new property to be a "district" where any new businesses would have to conform to the look of the area prescribed by the county (and Universal), just like the one around SeaWorld where all the businesses, hotels, and apartment complexes have to match the color scheme of SeaWorld (lots of blue and green in specified shades, matching signs and sidewalks)

If I was designing this park, that whole purple strip around Rosen Shingle Creek would be a great garbage dump location. I would probably redesign my plan if the owners wanted to sell it to me.
But in all seriousness, are we looking at future "good neighborhood" hotels?

I would strongly advise against that plan as you likely wouldn't get very much trash dumped before being charged with felony littering and getting sued by FDEP for violating environmental protection agreements.

My guess is all those really bad looking hotels will remodel themselves and make I-Drive look somewhat nicer with the expected attendance increase. I would not be surprised if Universal and the City "partner up" to make the whole area in between look nice.

I'm not sure that the new resort area and I-Drive hotels are going to have much impact on each other. The bad looking hotels (and I-Drive in general) are pretty far from the new resort; the closest offsite hotels to the new parks are the upscale ones near the convention center. Even then, the distance between the new citywalk and the closest offsite hotel will be longer than the distance from Endless Summer to the current citywalk.

Are looks part of what allows a hotel to be branded a partner hotel? I don't think I've ever figured that out.

As long as you don’t name the child ABCDE :eek:O:

Don't get me started on that child's parents. They were asking for it.

So long term plans even though we aren’t even thinking about that right this minute Universal Orlando does have the space for the third dry park, 4th dry park and water park. Jezzz how much land do they really have in a aerial view on map?

What I feel you are missing is that a business ‘works’ on a three year plan, anything longer is there to help set a direction. 10,15, and 30 year plans contain a lot of ‘what ifs’ making the plans more pie in the sky that give folks goals in trying to plan out in the direction (in this case, let’s say a 5th Park). This could lead to a real estate division trying to map out different paths to acquiring new land, it does not mean they feel they have enough land now.

If you were to rewind back to the time when Comcast decided they wanted to buy Blackstone out (to gain 100% of the parks division) I bet you would see them having new gates on their 10 year plan...that helped a group figure out the best path to get large plots of land near their current resorts.

Are looks part of what allows a hotel to be branded a partner hotel? I don't think I've ever figured that out..
I feel most of it is proximity, looks, and general flexibility to be a partner hotel

It makes sense as it ensures people are provided transportation to the parks, and the hotel gets the "Universal" name while remaining its own thing

Gotta earn that new nickname, A-leek-a.

(Btw, please don't anyone posts the images to the forum, thank you!)
Did i really bring A-leek-A to light? No one on hear listens to unofficial universal Orlando podcast lol??

Don’t you follow her podcast? You’re 12 days late to the party.

It's all good. I like hitting different markets at different times. Plus, now people can scrutinize the images themselves, and see if there's anything I missed.

EDIT: And the only thing anyone gleamed from that episode apparently is 28-mins and 300+ animatronics for Star Wars ride lol.

It's all good. I like hitting different markets at different times. Plus, now people can scrutinize the images themselves, and see if there's anything I missed.

EDIT: And the only thing anyone gleamed from that episode apparently is 28-mins and 300+ animatronics for Star Wars ride lol.

Whats funny is I saw that and thought "hot damn!" but then assumed it had been talked about and didn't say anything. lol

Why would anyone risk their job for that? That's so crazy to me. I mean, if they're disgruntled or something, fine. But that burns bridges...

Whats funny is I saw that and thought "hot damn!" but then assumed it had been talked about and didn't say anything. lol

Why would anyone risk their job for that? That's so crazy to me. I mean, if they're disgruntled or something, fine. But that burns bridges...
@AlexanderMBush brought it up in the 4th gate thread back when the podcast first went up, but there wasn't much discussion about it and it faded away quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.