Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 283 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is how much cleanup is needed on the land. I know there was a round of cleanup on it years ago, but if it needs more that could take a while.

If they have real, concrete plans ready to go and there's no additional cleanup necessary 2022 is a real possibility. IoA, CityWalk, and the resorts only took 2 years to build

A year for cleanup/land prep and 3 years for actual construction is a 4 year timeline. If they start next year we get a new park, hotel and CityWalk for 2023.

Pretty sure Uni's lineup is:
2019: Potter IOA, Terminator Replacement
2020: Potter USF, Whatever they decide for Shrek
2021: KidZone (Can this be it, lmao)
2022: USF new entrance (if thats even considered) and possibly LC or TL (not both) replacement
2023: New Resort; CityWalk, Hotel, Park

Reactions: chewbacca1995
I see VB getting a 2019 update with a slide tower of 4 slides (2 family and 2 body slides that's not a thrilling as the drop slides).
When VB gets expanded I will be amazed if it doesn't include another watercoaster

200w.webp

I see VB getting a 2019 update with a slide tower of 4 slides (2 family and 2 body slides that's not a thrilling as the drop slides).

When VB gets expanded I will be amazed if it doesn't include another watercoaster

Didn't @Disneyhead mention something with the Mammoth Tornado system from ProSlide? Or am I just getting full of myself?

Hypothetically, I'm more expecting this to be the timeline.

2019: DC Replacement/Bourne at T2-3D/DryN'Tame
2020: Ministry/Villain-Con or Pets/Volcano Bay tower expansion
2021: Refurbishment of the parks, to prepare them for the southern property
2022: Site B (3rd Dry Park, 2 hotels, New Enterainment Complex, transportation upgrades)

I think they'd play it smart and use what is necessary as of this point. If Site B is a success out of the gate, then press to expand the amount of hotels down there. At least, that's my two cents.

2022 may be the target, but it would probably slide into 2023 if the toxic cleanup and land preparation (i.e. moving bodies of water) take longer than expected.

They'll target Feb-May 2022 or Feb-May 2023.

You almost don't really want to open a new park later in the year than that because you start running into higher attendance and can run into the technical issues that Volcano Bay had (especially if they try to bring latest technologies into the park). Opening a park in the winter season probably won't happen...

To me, it'd probably be best to just put the odds at 50% of each of those sets of dates (Feb-May 2022 vs. Feb-May 2023).

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
If they are trying to fast track the new park, then any necessary land cleanup should be starting soon or already be underway because the lawsuit has no affect on that.

I'm expecting a lawsuit resolution this summer, permit approval and land prep through the winter, and for major construction to begin next summer.

That allows slightly less than 3 years to prepare for a spring 2022 opening. I think they would try to have transportation, citywalk, the first hotel, and 60-70% of the park ready by April 2022, with the remaining attractions and next 2-3 hotels opening over the following year.

Yea. Uni “losing” basically just means the payoff for Satan Thomas will be bigger. You’re gonna see a park over there eventually

EDIT: "Satan Thomas" was an autocorrect from my phone. I'm just gonna leave it
Interestingly the value of his land goes waaayy down with a loss to anyone but Universal, the potential users of it would obviously want the theme park next door. Definitely would cause massive delays though.

If a competitor buys the lands and control of the theme park rights with a loss of the suit, the leverage against universal will be absolutely huge. Very dangerous waters.

Guys. It’s obviously a takeover of SeaWorld.
You know, the idea isn’t that crazy. Disney once bid on it during the mid-1980’s (early Eisner era) with the intention of reimagining it as a DisneySeas theme park. Considering that the concept works well for Tokyo Disneyland as their second park, a reimagining of it by Universal as their 4th dry park makes too much sense that self-doubt vetos overwhelming logic.

You know, the idea isn’t that crazy. Disney once bid on it during the mid-1980’s (early Eisner era) with the intention of reimagining it as a DisneySeas theme park. Considering that the concept works well for Tokyo Disneyland as their second park, a reimagining of it by Universal as their 4th dry park makes too much sense that self-doubt vetos overwhelming logic.

A Uni takeover of SeaWorld is possible but that's if they really want too, but they don't need it. Uni buying SW Orlando would basically mean a shut down of the park with the entire thing being demolished except for the current rides in place.

Reactions: peteralt and zg44
New overlook on the 3rd park. This is if LC gets replaced by Berk instead of Zelda, and if Uni. licenses Pokemon and LOTR.
-60% Nintendo (Nintendo, Zelda, Pokemon)
-20% Middle Earth (LOTR, Hobbit)
-15% Dreamworks (Croods, Shrek, Trolls, etc)
-5% Entrance Plaza
Just imagine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.