Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 295 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible Universal timeline: Early 2018 edition. This is a likely timeline, but certain things have to happen for this to take place. Hopefully this happens, but :shrug: I don't have a source, but this is my best guess.

2018- Fast and Furious opens in May, Aventura hotel opens in August. Universal announces LC demolition, with the land closing in September/October. LC would be replaced with Zelda, lining up with Universal's online post, in which they said that they would announce more on their partnership with Nintendo this year. The new Potter roller coaster in announced in slight detail, although the layout is not revealed. Bourne show, Volcano Bay expansion, and a Dry N' Tame hotel also revealed to open in 2019. Fear Factor Live closes. Universal wins Stan Thomas lawsuit, begins land preparation for a new resort.

2019- Universal announces demolition of KZ (possibly ET), due to close in late February. SNW is set to replace it. The new Potter coaster opens in late April. Bourne opens in late May, along with the Volcano Bay expansion. Dry N' Tame hotel opens in June. Announcement of a Ministry of Magic ride/area to replace Fear Factor. Construction continues on Uni. South, although what it will become is kept secret from the public. Another Dry N' Tame hotel announcement.

2020- The second Dry N' Tame opens before spring break. Ministry of Magic opens in late June to make up for lost construction time. A new nighttime event is announced for IOA, along with a full reveal of the new Zelda land. Both are set to open in 2021 to give the WDW 50th anniversary celebration some competition. Uni. South announced to the public, with only an overhead shot of concept art to show the public what to expect (similar to Uni. Beijing). It shows a new theme park, a new entertainment plaza (Citiwalk 2.0), a new water park, and several new hotels. Construction continues on Uni. South and SNW.

2021- Zelda opens during Memorial Day weekend, getting record crowds. The nighttime event opens along side it. SNW gets revealed in full, showing off a Mario Kart ride, a Donkey Kong roller coaster, a Yoshi dark ride, and multiple play areas. Although the layout is similar to USJ's version of SNW, there are a lot of major park exclusives. Depending on if they decide to close ET, this land could also feature a Luigi's Mansion attraction, a theater to host seasonal shows, and a full service Nintendo restaurant (this may be more of my personal wishes, however). Construction continues on Uni. South.

2022- In preparation of SNW crowds, Universal raises ticket prices and opens a Nintendo store in Citiwalk. SNW opens in late May to record crowds, but has to overcome slight technical issues. For the first time in years (possibly ever), a Universal park passes a Disney park in attendance. Uni. South nears completion, announced in full.

2023- Uni. South opens in phases, with the hotels, entertainment plaza, and water park opening first. Uni. Studios continues to have record attendance until the new theme park opens. The theme park finally opens in the summer, getting more record crowds. Uni. South reaches capacity multiple times, causing Universal to have to expand in the coming years.

Last edited:
2018- LC would be replaced with Zelda, lining up with Universal's online post, in which they said that they would announce more on their partnership with Nintendo this year. The new Potter roller coaster in announced in slight detail, although the layout is not revealed.

2021-
Zelda opens during Memorial Day weekend, getting record crowds.

2022- In preparation of SNW crowds, Universal raises ticket prices and opens a Nintendo store in Citiwalk. SNW opens in late May to record crowds, but has to overcome slight technical issues. For the first time in years (possibly ever), a Universal park passes a Disney park in attendance.
please link

haha, if you check the spec thread, Alicia has been doing insane leaks, we pretty much have the layout

idk, is Zelda that big of an IP? maybe I'm wrong.

why can't this happen sooner? would it stretch the hype too much?

I though SNW was now at Universal South?

please link

haha, if you check the spec thread, Alicia has been doing insane leaks, we pretty much have the layout

idk, is Zelda that big of an IP? maybe I'm wrong.

why can't this happen sooner? would it stretch the hype too much?

I though SNW was now at Universal South?

Universal Orlando Close Up | More in Store for 2018 at Universal Orlando Resort - Close Up look near the bottom.

I typed this post before the layout was leaked :lol:.

It wouldn't be just Zelda, it would be IOA as a whole. I should have been more specific as to what records it would be holding.

The Nintendo store would be postponed until SNW opened. I don't know why. Just sounds likely.

SNW might not be put in Uni. South, and can still go in KZ.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
It wouldn't be just Zelda, it would be IOA as a whole. I should have been more specific as to what records it would be holding.
I know, will Zelda really pull in record crowds for IOA?

(oh god, reading that article and this is the description for F&F:
The latest installment of the Fast & Furious franchise isn’t in your local cinemas or streaming on your favorite device. It’s a big, bold ride—and it’s right here at Universal Studios Florida. Jump in alongside your favorite Fast characters in a crazy chase scene that feels like it’s right out of the movies. The attraction is also filled with cars and props from the movies, perfect for that selfie on your IG. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Not just Zelda. That side of the park would have been revamped, with the new Potter coaster and now Zelda. It might pull a lot of people back in that were waiting to go back to Universal. You gotta think, if Zelda does come in 2021, that could possibly be 3 major rides in 3 years. Plus, video games are a mostly untapped IP that, in my opinion, will surprise a lot of people by driving in crowds.

If IOA doesn't get record crowds in 2021, USF will get them in 2022 (according to my predictions).

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Possible Universal timeline: Early 2018 edition. This is a likely timeline, but certain things have to happen for this to take place. Hopefully this happens, but :shrug:

2018- Fast and Furious opens in May, Aventura hotel opens in August. Universal announces LC demolition, with the land closing in September/October. LC would be replaced with Zelda, lining up with Universal's online post, in which they said that they would announce more on their partnership with Nintendo this year. The new Potter roller coaster in announced in slight detail, although the layout is not revealed. Bourne show, Volcano Bay expansion, and a Dry N' Tame hotel also revealed to open in 2019. Fear Factor Live closes. Universal wins Stan Thomas lawsuit, begins land preparation for a new resort.

2019- Universal announces demolition of KZ (possibly ET), due to close in late February. SNW is set to replace it. The new Potter coaster opens in late April. Bourne opens in late May, along with the Volcano Bay expansion. Dry N' Tame hotel opens in June. Announcement of a Ministry of Magic ride/area to replace Fear Factor. Construction continues on Uni. South, although what it will become is kept secret from the public. Another Dry N' Tame hotel announcement.

2020- The second Dry N' Tame opens before spring break. Ministry of Magic opens in late June to make up for lost construction time. A new nighttime event is announced for IOA, along with a full reveal of the new Zelda land. Both are set to open in 2021 to give the WDW 50th anniversary celebration some competition. Uni. South announced to the public, with only an overhead shot of concept art to show the public what to expect (similar to Uni. Beijing). It shows a new theme park, a new entertainment plaza (Citiwalk 2.0), a new water park, and several new hotels. Construction continues on Uni. South and SNW.

2021- Zelda opens during Memorial Day weekend, getting record crowds. The nighttime event opens along side it. SNW gets revealed in full, showing off a Mario Kart ride, a Donkey Kong roller coaster, a Yoshi dark ride, and multiple play areas. Although the layout is similar to USJ's version of SNW, there are a lot of major park exclusives. Depending on if they chose to close ET, this land could also feature a Luigi's Mansion attraction, a theater to host seasonal shows, and a full service Nintendo restaurant (this may be more of my personal wishes, however). Construction continues on Uni. South.

2022- In preparation of SNW crowds, Universal raises ticket prices and opens a Nintendo store in Citiwalk. SNW opens in late May to record crowds, but has to overcome slight technical issues. For the first time in years (possibly ever), a Universal park passes a Disney park in attendance. Uni. South nears completion, announced in full.

2023- Uni. South opens in phases, with the hotels, entertainment plaza, and water park opening first. Uni. Studios continues to have record attendance until the new theme park opens. The theme park finally opens in the summer, getting more record crowds. Uni. South reaches capacity multiple times, causing Universal to have to expand in the coming years.

Perhaps you should pre-phase with "I don't have a source, but here is best guess"?

To say this, what I am curious about is the infastructure that will be set in place with UOSouth, and not talking about the theme park but the whole nine-yards. I am curious to know what UC is thinking right now, along with management teams.

(oh god, reading that article and this is the description for F&F:
The latest installment of the Fast & Furious franchise isn’t in your local cinemas or streaming on your favorite device. It’s a big, bold ride—and it’s right here at Universal Studios Florida. Jump in alongside your favorite Fast characters in a crazy chase scene that feels like it’s right out of the movies. The attraction is also filled with cars and props from the movies, perfect for that selfie on your IG. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
Zelda wouldn't be a particularly huge draw alone, but if it's the first SNW area to open in the west and coupled with the Potter coaster and a new lagoon show, I could see a decent bump.

Perhaps you should pre-phase with "I don't have a source, but here is best guess"?

To say this, what I am curious about is the infastructure that will be set in place with UOSouth, and not talking about the theme park but the whole nine-yards. I am curious to know what UC is thinking right now, along with management teams.
UC is probably just as curious on what they're thinking, since they've changed plans at Comcast's insistence so much. ;):)

So yeah... Shiznit is about to get real.
mass grading plans 3-9-18.pdf - DocDroid

serenoa village mg stormwater management calculations.pdf - DocDroid

Those are large pdfs. Mix of applications and artwork. Here's the teaser:

mMpPEnD.png

Edit:Re-uploaded the first pdf, so you can DL it full size.

Last edited:

mMpPEnD.png

Edit: Not sure why that imgur link posted it like that. Should have just been the pdf, but you get the gist.

And now, I eagerly await seeing how people like @Teebin, @zg44 and a few other crack down on what we see here, as it looks very telling of what we may be needing to expect out of the first phase of the land use.

mMpPEnD.png

Edit: Not sure why that imgur link posted it like that. Should have just been the pdf, but you get the gist.

There’s a lot of other general analysis of the water and soil quantity levels and location. The project is basically for a storm water management system for whatever eventually comes to the property. That’s pretty much it. They’ll submit more permits for pavement closer to construction time.

And now, I eagerly await seeing how people like @Teebin, @zg44 and a few other crack down on what we see here, as it looks very telling of what we may be needing to expect out of the first phase of the land use.

There's two main things I'm seeing in a quick glance.

First is either the removal or redesigning of the big retention pond in the middle. They are creating two new ponds to the Northwest, one of which appears to sit in the path of the Mandarin extension ROW. Not sure the significance of that. It looks like they might be planning on putting the road between the ponds, but too hard to tell from this.

Second is a clear distinction between the East and West parts of the property. This only covers the West. Not sure why they want to keep them separate, unless its for Hotel/Park or park/park purposes.

Nowhere in the plans did I see any reference to theme park. As close as they get to calling it that is entertainment use.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
There's two main things I'm seeing in a quick glance.

First is either the removal or redesigning of the big retention pond in the middle. They are creating two new ponds to the Northwest, one of which appears to sit in the path of the Mandarin extension ROW. Not sure the significance of that. It looks like they might be planning on putting the road between the ponds, but too hard to tell from this.

Second is a clear distinction between the East and West parts of the property. This only covers the West. Not sure why they want to keep them separate, unless its for Hotel/Park or park/park purposes.

Nowhere in the plans did I see any reference to theme park. As close as they get to calling it that is entertainment use.

Perhaps they are going to save the Eastern land for future expansion? They don't have to use all of it at once, and build on to what will already be there (along with the additional land that should be gained after the Thomas case).

Is hat the new name we’re working with?

Guessing thats the name that the previous plans for this are were submitted under.

There’s a lot of other general analysis of the water and soil quantity levels and location. The project is basically for a storm water management system for whatever eventually comes to the property. That’s pretty much it. They’ll submit more permits for pavement closer to construction time.

Yeah this is just the stormwater plan for the overall project, so they can reroute the water off the 100 acres they are building warehouses on, and so they can start getting rid of that big pond in the middle. This will be months of work that'll save time later. There will be many more stormwater plans, this just means that they are going to start moving dirt soon.

Reactions: Scott W.
Guessing thats the name that the previous plans for this are were submitted under.

Yeah this is just the stormwater plan for the overall project, so they can reroute the water off the 100 acres they are building warehouses on, and so they can start getting rid of that big pond in the middle. This will be months of work that'll save time later. There will be many more stormwater plans, this just means that they are going to start moving dirt soon.
I will go digging but I thought the nasty stuff was buried just to the west of the existing lake/pond and this would cut through that area? I wonder how much of that is still onsite.

Reactions: fryoj
At a glance, I just see two new ponds and an explanation of how they will interconnect with the larger existing pond. Not sure what will happen to the larger pond down the line. It also shows how the large pond connects to one of the mini creeks.

I will go digging but I thought the nasty stuff was buried just to the west of the existing lake/pond and this would cut through that area? I wonder how much of that is still onsite.

I'd think the second pdf would have that info, as it has a section on things that were never completed from the previous plans. I'm not seeing anything, but stormwater really is not my expertise. But on my read, It's either already cleaned up, or falls under a different agency and would not be mentioned here.

Status
Not open for further replies.