Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 331 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't a main entrance on Universal Blvd lead to terrible traffic? I agree with the above poster that Kirkman / Sand Lake will be a much, much better place to funnel most vehicular traffic. It doesn't make sense to me to have the entrance on "Universal Blvd" just because it's iconic, though I'm sure there will be an entrance there.

Then, for 'fixed transportation', why not connect through the northern edge of Site #2? You'd only need to buy up one or two properties for a ROW between Site #2 and W&W (after using most of the median of Kirkman).

To me, the best bet is an airport-like PeopleMover on an elevated track, or even a Personal Rapid Transit like in Morgantown, WV that services WVU. Ridership and route length would be very similar.. ~3 miles, 4-5 stations, and probably ~10-20k daily ridership. The advantage of a PRT is that you could have more flexibility in routing, e.g. run a number of "Pods" direct from CityWalk 1 to CityWalk 2 while having other "Pods" run local routes stopping at parking, hotels, etc.

Edit: and I'll just add that a tunnel is almost certaintly out of the question. The "Boring Company" has done 0 innovation; right now Elon's projected cost reduction just involves smaller tunnels. The most expensive component of subway construction is always the stations, anyway. For a 2-3 mile system in a place with few utilities in the way but complicated geology, you'd still probably spend a couple billion on the network.

Yes, infact, maybe someone can verify this, but I read part of the settlement included a right of first refusal for Universal on the land it did not purchase at this time from Stan.
It's the opposite.

Universal gave Stan Thomas ROFR to buy the Universal land nearest to the OCCC on the extension of Destination and the south Kirkman Extension. The land where the new parking lots are. Of course that only will apply if Universal wants to sell it later.

Basically it's just an indication that those plots may be sold later to a hotel near OCCC.

Not entirely,

I would assume Raptor Encounter will get moved to the Lagoon facing Jurassic Park River Adventure, to where they may bring the Hollywood Raptors over to Orlando. Then you will also have Kong to tide over.

Kong isn’t in JP. So you could also say “FJ” in your example.

Despite your optimism- @Galaxy Defender is correct. JP will be incredibly boring and essentially a pass-through area. In particular if Camp Jurassic is closed while working on the new ride. It’d be the equivelant of Pandora with only the mech suits and no rides.

One Raptor encounter for the entire land is “not entirely”? You might be the most optimistic person on this forum. :)

The only way it wouldn’t be a total skipover is if they start the new attraction after they refinish JPRA. Unless it doesn’t interfere with Camp Jurassic, that is.
But if it does, that is just another reason why they should have started that refurb last September.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galaxy Defender
IOA is already down one attraction with DC gone. Losing JPRA to a major refurb at the same time would put a big hurt on park capacity. It is a water ride though, so it might not be too bad if Universal waited til the fall to start.

Reactions: tankart150
IOA is already down one attraction with DC gone. Losing JPRA to a major refurb at the same time would put a big hurt on park capacity. It is a water ride though, so it might not be too bad if Universal waited til the fall to start.

I'd disagree, especially as you'd be entering a period to when temperatures will lower more and more, causing guests to think twice about water rides.

That said, you also have Popeye and Ripsaw if there is interest.

That said, I think that discussion can be placed more to the proper thread, and to not put this one off-topic.

I don't like when people compare JPRA and Popeyes/Dudley... I feel like you can ride JPRA and stay relatively dry. I have gotten soaked on occasion, but more times than not it's just a light splash... whereas Pop and Dudley soak you from head to toe. I feel like most people will ride JPRA, whereas they won't ride popeyes/dudley because of getting wet

I don't like when people compare JPRA and Popeyes/Dudley... I feel like you can ride JPRA and stay relatively dry. I have gotten soaked on occasion, but more times than not it's just a light splash... whereas Pop and Dudley soak you from head to toe. I feel like most people will ride JPRA, whereas they won't ride popeyes/dudley because of getting wet
Chance of staying dry on Popeye is very low lol

:agree:
I will ride JPRA every trip. I only do Dudley and Popeye when I am fully prepared to be soaked.

we just avoid the front row on JPRA when we don't want to get wet. That seems to better our chances of staying dry.

prob when either the hp coaster is almost done or the new show.Since uni tends to use one company for construction they dont want to spread them thin.Or at-least that's what i think.

Anyone care to take a guess when Universal will start moving dirt at the south property?
prob when either the hp coaster is almost done or the new show.Since uni tends to use one company for construction they dont want to spread them thin.Or at-least that's what i think.
The south property will take an army of construction workers. They won’t be using just one company

Yeah, the southern property, once it begins construction, will have probably a crap-ton of contractors, construction workers, and companies all coming into the project. It may be a bigger thing, to where I could see even them having to get people from outside Orlando to get in on the project for construction.

But that said, slow down the breaks until the City Council meetings proceed, as this project is going to be a multi-billion dollar investment that Comcast and NBCU/UPR will have to come to the city of, given it's importance in a way for growth.

The new complex will be one of the biggest things to come out of Orlando in a long time, and that I do think they will need to be playing it safe on the development process (even if I think they may be close to finalizing what-ever the project will have at the start).

Just catching up on things. I think I read a bunch of stuff around events that I just wanted to toss my $0.02 at

To me, I wouldn’t think the new park would offer any hard ticket events if the property had one dry park, a city walk, and a couple of hotels.

I just do not see them closing the only park too often, maybe at night if the park closes early on most nights. I mean, it should be easy to hop over to the north park, but I imagine anyone staying at the south property would expect a gate with in walking distance w/o needing a 2nd ticket...unless the event can bring enough overnight guest.

Reactions: Andysol

I do not know though. One thing I noticed this year in trying to plan out when me might be able to go is that Lowes seems to hold/price rooms for sun through sat. I think this year I may only go three nights instead of the four we try to get in.

I imagine if the south property has low occupancy rates in Sept/oct, they could use it to drum up thurs to sat stays, but I really think they are trying to get 7 days out of folks.

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but after reviewing this land map again....it's clear that they're going to be basically right NEXT to Sea World.

I wonder if there's any plans to buy Sea World out if the price is right, because they could really re-brand it and turn it into another day for multi-park passes

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.