Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 392 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is some food for thought. What is the purpose of site B? Rob the mouse or will it increase visits to Orlando overall? Are Surf and Dock and Adventura simply to rob from the offsites on Idrive area?. Can MCO handle a major influx? Can the theme park goers increase to fill any void. Not to mention if site B isn't pretty spectacular Diagon and Hogsmeade will become unbearably crowded. Discuss.

So here is some food for thought. What is the purpose of site B? Rob the mouse or will it increase visits to Orlando overall?

Comcast probably hopes a little from Column A, a little from Column B. They said on the conference call the other week they want the expanded resort to extend UOR vacations to 7 days. So they're probably hoping they can steal Disney days as well as bringing new people in.

Are Surf and Dock and Adventura simply to rob from the offsites on Idrive area?.

Yes.

Can MCO handle a major influx?

MCO is getting a significant expansion currently.

So here is some food for thought. What is the purpose of site B? Rob the mouse or will it increase visits to Orlando overall? Are Surf and Dock and Adventura simply to rob from the offsites on Idrive area?. Can MCO handle a major influx? Can the theme park goers increase to fill any void. Not to mention if site B isn't pretty spectacular Diago N and Hogsmeade will become unbearably crowded. Discuss.
I think SeaWorld would be affected well before Disney by an additional UO park.

Currently most Orlando visitors intend to visit Disney World for the bulk of their vacation, and then they throw in a day or two elsewhere to break it up. What Universal is aiming to do is switch that up, with visitors coming for Universal and only visiting Disney a day or two in between. Either way, SeaWorld gets lost in the shuffle.

Currently most Orlando visitors intend to visit Disney World for the bulk of their vacation, and then they throw in a day or two elsewhere to break it up. What Universal is aiming to do is switch that up, with visitors coming for Universal and only visiting Disney a day or two in between. Either way, SeaWorld gets lost in the shuffle.
So you think non-local visits will remain relatively static and the pie will just be divided differently? Makes a WD W trip more attractive for crowd levels. Kind of a weird maelstrom brewing. The competition can only mean good things for us hopefully

Last edited:
I believe Nintendo will bring in a new demographic group that isn't currently catered too in Orlando. And the proximity to and the partnership with the Orange County Convention Center will increase convention business. So I do see Orlando increasing for the foreseeable future.
Still hoping for a local Nintendo convention like our own kind of E3. I’d totally make the drive up every year.

Even on that scale they’d still have to bring demos 0:)

Oh, there'd be most likely demo's that people can play and see of various Nintendo titles released or releasing. That said, it wouldn't be JUST demos, but some Meet & Greets, specialty merch, and what-not.

Not enough to call a "E3" like event, but still something to get people a bit interested.

That’s what they do on treehouse

That's...not entirely true.

Oh, there'd be most likely demo's that people can play and see of various Nintendo titles released or releasing. That said, it wouldn't be JUST demos, but some Meet & Greets, specialty merch, and what-not.

Not enough to call a "E3" like event, but still something to get people a bit interested.

That's...not entirely true.
Well Nintendo struggles with producing a lot of first party games. They publicly said it takes years to make large first party games like Mario galaxy,oddessey,sunshine. Oddessey will probably be the only flagship Mario game for switch. I’m not saying they won’t make a huge sequel for it on the switch. I’m saying it takes lots of time. There for the big 3 franchise games Nintendo has is Mario Zelda Metroid. And they subcontracted prime 4 out to retro studios to develop.

I was thinking something like this where sometimes new announcements could be made or even the first time they’re displayed to the public.
Nintendo Space World - Wikipedia

Partnering with Universal they could hold it simultaneously in Hollywood and Orlando.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Well Nintendo struggles with producing a lot of first party games. They publicly said it takes years to make large first party games like Mario galaxy,oddessey,sunshine. Oddessey will probably be the only flagship Mario game for switch. I’m not saying they won’t make a huge sequel for it on the switch. I’m saying it takes lots of time. There for the big 3 franchise games Nintendo has is Mario Zelda Metroid. And they subcontracted prime 4 out to retro studios to develop.

Nintendo has made a lot of games throughout the year, for both Switch & 3DS, for just 2018.
  • Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
  • Super Mario Party
  • Mario Tennis Aces
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Sushi Strikers
  • Warioware Gold
  • Detective Pikachu
  • Dillons Dead Heart Breakers
  • Smash Ultimate
  • Nintendo Labo Kits
And next year, they have a lot on their plate already; with Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem Three Houses, the Traditional Pokemon title, Yoshi, and a lot more.

To say that they aren't producing a lot of 1'st Party games, is a bit insulting..

Also..Retro isn't working on Prime 4; and the current consensus in rumors is a Singapore Studio with partnership of Bandai Namco (similar to how they are doing Smash Ultimate).

Depending on when they'd do it, it isn't like they don't have a supplier that doesn't have enough games to justify an event for Universal Park's & Resort's.

I believe Nintendo will bring in a new demographic group that isn't currently catered too in Orlando. And the proximity to and the partnership with the Orange County Convention Center will increase convention business. So I do see Orlando increasing for the foreseeable future.

I would like to add on, that with the endeavors that will be made with the Southern Property; it'll be allowing hopefully a good amount of growth for that entire area around it, for better or worse.

Nintendo has made a lot of games throughout the year, for both Switch & 3DS, for just 2018.
  • Super Mario Party
  • Mario Tennis Aces
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Sushi Strikers
  • Warioware Gold
  • Detective Pikachu
  • Smash Ultimate
  • Nintendo Labo Kits
And next year, they have a lot on their plate already; with Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem Three Houses, the Traditional Pokemon title, Yoshi, and a lot more.

To say that they aren't producing a lot of 1'st Party games, is a bit insulting..

Also..Retro isn't working on Prime 4; and the current consensus in rumors is a Singapore Studio with partnership of Bandai Namco (similar to how they are doing Smash Ultimate).

Depending on when they'd do it, it isn't like they don't have a supplier that doesn't have enough games to justify an event for Universal Park's & Resort's.
Making this juicier, that Singapore studio is full of ex-LucasArts people that were working on this baby.

• Super Mario Party
  • Mario Tennis Aces
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Sushi Strikers
  • Warioware Gold
  • Detective Pikachu
  • Smash Ultimate
  • Nintendo Labo Kits

I would like to add on, that with the endeavors that will be made with the Southern Property; it'll be allowing hopefully a good amount of growth for that entire area around it, for better or worse.
Only one of all those games are a triple a title

Only one of all those games are a triple a title

I would love to know which one, as all of those games that I mentioned WERE developed and published with Nintendo.

Game Freak: Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee
Camelot: Mario Tennis Aces
ND Cube: Super Mario Party
HAL Labratory: Kirby Star Allies
Nintendo EPD/Indieszero: Sushi Striker
Intelligent Systems/Nintendo EPD: WarioWare Gold
Creatures: Detective Pikachu
Sora Ltd./Bandai Namco Studios: Smash Bros Ultimate
Nintendo EPD: Nintendo Labo
Vanpool: Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers

Please, do go on; as I'd love to prove further how Nintendo is a large enough company that was a smart decision for Universal Parks and Resorts, and why it'd make sense for a seasonal event.

Taking things back to the discussion of the expansion (as while I'd love to debate, there is a better thread for it); hypothetically, could it be possible that the parking garage goes up before anything else? Just as a way to stage things around, and not having to worry about leaving things to where people can identify of what is what.

Reactions: HPFred

I don't think most visitors will actually buy the only visiting Disney a day or two in between because Universal has more/is better. There probably will be a pretty significant number who alternate their trips between Disney and Universal as week trips, so probably cause an increase in frequency in vacations to Orlando.

As far as SeaWorld, its hard to say the if the effect will be positive or negative. About a decade ago, SeaWorld actually beat Universal's individual parks in attendance and they were neck and neck for a while. Obviously the last several years has been bad for SeaWorld with Universal clearing winning the battle for the couple days away from Disney, but if there are a ton more trips "to" Universal for a week, SeaWorld can start peeling off those extra days from both Disney and Universal again and possibly recover. Of course, thats very dependent on SeaWorld getting its product back up to par with its new leadership, they just haven't been competing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.