Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not good business. Spacing out the openings and capitalizing throughout the year is how they will do it. Staggered openings basically.

Except that doesn't work in this setting. You do that with movies or games because people can buy multiple movies or games throughout the year. Relatively no one is coming back for multiple Orlando vacations in a year.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Except that doesn't work in this setting. You do that with movies or games because people can buy multiple movies or games throughout the year. Relatively no one is coming back for multiple Orlando vacations in a year.
They don't have to come back in the same year. But if you've opened 2-3 other things since the last time they visited just a year ago, you better bet that person/family will be going back in 2018.

They don't have to come back in the same year. But if you've opened 2-3 other things since the last time they visited just a year ago, you better bet that person/family will be going back in 2018.

Well there's Nintendo opening in 2018/19. So that'll get them back.:wave:

Most Orlando visitors are not every year visitors.

Well there's Nintendo opening in 2018/19. So that'll get them back.:wave:

Most Orlando visitors are not every year visitors.
Simply put, I just don't think it's possible to get this up and running early 2017. Construction would need to move at a Transformers-like pace. They also need to demo the theater and build a building for a ride that has never been built before.

I expect Volcano Bay and Fallon (since they are working within the existing building) to open early 2017, F&F around summer and SLOP late 2017. F&F may even end up late 2017 seeing as there is bulldozing and rebuilding of the show building that needs to happen (like with SLOP).

The probability of everything finishing in early 2017 is very, very small imo.

Everything I am reading on here sounds absolutely wonderful. Hate seeing empty buildings and an AA filled ride for families on that side of the park would be wonderful. It also helps with my slight issue with that area not really being a part of Toon Lagoon since it doesn't share the common walkways of Toon Lagoon and looks more similar to MSHI.

I know Universal obviously adds attractions and figures in how HHN will work afterwords, but it's slightly worrying down the line thinking where B&T is going to perform? Fear Factor is slated to go for more Potter, Toon Lagoon Amp is now supposedly going for SLoP and Animal Actors is going for Nintendo.

The only large venue theater left between both parks would be Sinbad, correct?

Well, there's always the Music Plaza stage, and you can see from this year they can put together an elaborate temporary stage just about anywhere. You just need to think outside the box, and Universal tends to do very well with that.

I know Universal obviously adds attractions and figures in how HHN will work afterwords, but it's slightly worrying down the line thinking where B&T is going to perform? Fear Factor is slated to go for more Potter, Toon Lagoon Amp is now supposedly going for SLoP and Animal Actors is going for Nintendo.

The only large venue theater left between both parks would be Sinbad, correct?

I'm not convinced FFL's theater is going for Potter any longer.

Opening the attractions over a full year goes against all prior actions in theme parks and is bad business sense. Look at the Diagon Alley event: hotels and attractions were lined up for a large media event gala. Same for the Millennium Celebration, 100 YoM, and more. Same reason why you'll see Kong, Sapphire Falls, and whatever is in CityWalk open around the same time. "This is what we have new open, now."

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Opening the attractions over a full year goes against all prior actions in theme parks and is bad business sense. Look at the Diagon Alley event: hotels and attractions were lined up for a large media event gala. Same for the Millennium Celebration, 100 YoM, and more. Same reason why you'll see Kong, Sapphire Falls, and whatever is in CityWalk open around the same time. "This is what we have new open, now."
If they can somehow get a SLoP ride built and running before summer 2017, i'll be very, very impressed.

It sounds like nothing will be determined today. But it also sounds like many people are interested in that land after this Auction closes.

It sounds like nothing will be determined today. But it also sounds like many people are interested in that land after this Auction closes.

It was expected that Colony Capital was to secure the rights today and then start offering the whole parcel of land to a buyer. I believe it was Jan for the estimated sell date (?)

Reactions: maxairmike
There's enough Potter honestly. I'd like to see them bring in a new IP for that area, or create a new daily show.
Nope there isn't enough potter in the current lands
I feel as though we got screwed over with first potter addition as far as rides
We got one ride. Flying Unicorn and dueling dragons were overlays. I wish they would tear up DG and get more creative.

Then diagon alley came with two rides which is fine but it feels as though there should be one more atttaction

Maybe I'm tripping
What if they didn't tear FFL down though?

It might stay forever lol

Status
Not open for further replies.