Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal City PM and the numbered relatives are all universal.

View attachment 3909

No, they're not. UCPM III, LLC is owned by Fourth Quarter Properties. They own that land.

It's great that you've discovered how useful the Property Appraiser site can be, but it always helps to do a bit of research before posting. This subject has been covered several times over the years.

Edit: And in case you wanted further proof beyond the SunBiz link I provided, here's an article detailing the case that UCPM III currently has pending against Universal trying to block them from being able to develop a a theme park on the adjacent land they purchased:

Suit Says Universal Can't Put Theme Park On Orlando Land - Law360

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
Would that be potentially including other buildings adjacent to the IFly?

No the Walgreens south of it is owned by Walgreens corporate. That building would need to be moved to have a connecting parcel from WNW to iFly. I would also think Walgreens would ask for a lot for that property as its prime corner of the intersection and the traffic of biz through there must be gravy.

HOWEVER, if I'm Universal I would pull page out of Skyplex playbook and offer Walgreens a whole newly revamped store in my hotel/retail center/whatever and hook them on being part of Universal property with all the traffic that comes with theme park traffic.

That with the right amount of money could loosen Walgreens hold.

Just my 2 cents on it.

UCPM III is not Universal

No, they're not. UCPM III, LLC is owned by Fourth Quarter Properties. They own that land.

It's great that you've discovered how useful the Property Appraiser site can be, but it always helps to do a bit of research before posting. This subject has been covered several times over the years.

Edit: And in case you wanted further proof beyond the SunBiz link I provided, here's an article detailing the case that UCPM III currently has pending against Universal trying to block them from being able to develop a a theme park on the adjacent land they purchased:

Suit Says Universal Can't Put Theme Park On Orlando Land - Law360

I stand corrected, I remember that lawsuit but didn't put the names together.

I would update the maps but then they're basically back to the other ones we have. DELETING!

No the Walgreens south of it is owned by Walgreens corporate. That building would need to be moved to have a connecting parcel from WNW to iFly. I would also think Walgreens would ask for a lot for that property as its prime corner of the intersection and the traffic of biz through there must be gravy.

HOWEVER, if I'm Universal I would pull page out of Skyplex playbook and offer Walgreens a whole newly revamped store in my hotel/retail center/whatever and hook them on being part of Universal property with all the traffic that comes with theme park traffic.

Just my 2 cents on it.
I am not sure that WAG would need an arm and a leg for that piece. With how they are bending over backwards to get the Rite-Aid deal done they might be looking to shed that store along with the others they need to trying to make the FTC happy and bless the deal. I don't know if they could count it towards the 1000 or so they need to get rid of but if it were it may have another motive for selling it. Just one more wrinkle in the pie that makes up the ointment the fly lives on.

I like my metaphors well mixed if you please :lol::lmao::whoo:

Just my 2 cents on it.
I don't buy the idea that Walgreens would be offered anything besides a large paycheck. Universal under Comcast is very, very scrupulous with their land use. They wouldn't waste it on something so pedestrian as a Walgreens.

Reactions: Joel
I don't buy the idea that Walgreens would be offered anything besides a large paycheck. Universal under Comcast is very, very scrupulous with their land use. They wouldn't waste it on something so pedestrian as a Walgreens.

I agree, I believe they would rather pay more money to have control over what's in their properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.