Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So there are these sort of vending machines around that I thought were rectangular minions or something, but they are selling Specticals around the park...they were somewhere in the range of $160 or maybe $180...they are these glasses that film your day and sync with Snapchat or something...I just found it a little odd considering how often you hear not to video.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
So there are these sort of vending machines around that I thought were rectangular minions or something, but they are selling Specticals around the park...they were somewhere in the range of $160 or maybe $180...they are these glasses that film your day and sync with Snapchat or something...I just found it a little odd considering how often you hear not to video.
Yeah, it was a failed product that Snapchat made and never took off so they paid Universal a ton of money to put these kiosks up in the parks for a few months to get rid of them. Don't expect them to be around too long.

You ARE allowed to use these on the coasters and Doom as well. I have friends who bought them and used them for that very purpose. The snapchat brand associate made it clear that they would be able to use it on those rides.

My friends showed me some pretty awesome footage he shot on those attractions so he wasn't lying. I found it odd at first too, but thinking about it, plastic sunglasses falling causes a lot less harm than a Go Pro or a cell phone. This is a way to get money out of people who want on-ride footage.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
You ARE allowed to use these on the coasters and Doom as well. I have friends who bought them and used them for that very purpose. The snapchat brand associate made it clear that they would be able to use it on those rides.

My friends showed me some pretty awesome footage he shot on those attractions so he wasn't lying. I found it odd at first too, but thinking about it, plastic sunglasses falling causes a lot less harm than a Go Pro or a cell phone. This is a way to get money out of people who want on-ride footage.

Thanks! I did not see a rep on days I was there, just noticed the machines a few places in the Studios selling them.

I believe they allow you to wear glasses on the coasters. I guess ride POVs are out there anyway, but I think all the rides mention not to video, so it just seems odd (to me) to offer a product that makes it easy to break the rules.

Also, I assumed it uses your cell phone to transmit to Snap Chat or something...I know memory is small these days...but I assumed the glasses pair with a phone and you can’t take your phone through the coaster metal detectors....but I guess the glasses have a way to store video?

Usually Justin Timbertroll is out there wth her too:

I think Universal should do something to make their location a bit easier to find. We took our kids to meet them last month and had to ask several team members where the M&G was. It turns out we’d walked right by it several times, as there is no way to identify the location when the characters are not actually out. I think it would be worth putting up some kind of backdrop or sign as well as the times they will be appearing. They seem to be popular enough to warrant a little more attention. As it is now, the only way that the average guest would know they were in the park at all is if they happened to wander by while they were out (or maybe a times guide but I’m not sure).

View attachment 5981 View attachment 5980 Hey guys. A friend of mine went digging and found some original conceptual designs for an Ice Age area, which was originally supposed to replace kidzone, before the Nintendo deal went through. Enjoy!
Wow! Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing! One day we'll get a dark boat ride. One day.

EDIT: I think this was only ever a pitched concept, and not something Universal necessarily ever agreed to actually build. Still really really cool concept. Love the re-theme of Woody coaster and the addition of an E-Ticket boat ride without even losing Animal Actors or ET. Nicely thought out.

Reactions: MattA and jtsalien
A whole Ice Age land this big sounds it would have been tedious but beautifully themed.

This would have been so much better than Nintendon't (just kidding).
I love to see the artwork. It looks like a ton of fun and I love the first 2 movies! Let's hope Disney slams it in the Norway pavilion at Epcot because...whatever reason they need to capitalize on their new ip.

Reactions: Mike S and Andysol