Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

Did not know about this but that looks awesome.

Only problem I see is that the snow has to be cleaned and painted constantly. (Aka Antartica @ SW)
Yea that is an issue. This concept has animatronics out in broad sunlight too. After Jurassic, not sure Universal wants to deal with that again. Even an awning to minimize damage would help.

I don’t know where this would go, but last night and during the day I saw some drones flying around the parks, one in hogsmade, and one my the hulk... could this be for anything or just some random people. Both were at separate times during the day.

Possibly just recording for a commercial or the upcoming British show,

Also, Tim would be Woo'ed if he ever tried doing that.

The only thing that would be legal and sensible is the British TV Special being filmed on Universal property, but it may depend on the quality and type of drone that they are using to determine that more further than anything.

Also, Tim would be Woo'ed if he ever tried doing that.

The only thing that would be legal and sensible is the British TV Special being filmed on Universal property, but it may depend on the quality and type of drone that they are using to determine that more further than anything.
It definitely could have been for a commercial because they were filming for one last night, but the drone looked like a DJI phantom so my guess is for the British tv special! Totally forgot about that!

It definitely could have been for a commercial because they were filming for one last night, but the drone looked like a DJI phantom so my guess is for the British tv special! Totally forgot about that!

If it's a phantom, the only one that would make sense is the Phantom 4 Pro, as that has the capabilities to use 4K. Was it by chance colored black or white?

Didn’t know where else to put this:

We’ve been postulating about this in the Jurassic Park expansion thread. Could it be the temporary raptor encounter being moved elsewhere in the land, so construction could begin on a rumored new attraction?

The address on the permit, 5900 Universal Blvd, is the address for USF.

He's got a point there. What address has been on similar permits we now know were for IOA? like for the Potter Coaster.

I honestly don't know what to make of the address. They've only recently started using 5900 on permits. For example, they filed all the HHN Permits using that address, then closed them and re-filed them with the typical 1000 Universal Studios Plaza address. Also of note, all the Project 634 (USF Lagoon Show) permits were filed with the usual 1000 address too.

O1bgVSC.png

Another interesting data point is that some of the Project 942 (Potter coaster) permits were filed with an address of 6000 Universal Studios, which is the CityWalk address.

Om6R9N9.png

Bottom line: Do addresses mean anything?