Universal Parks & Resorts becomes Universal Destinations & Experiences, new park logos | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Parks & Resorts becomes Universal Destinations & Experiences, new park logos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They're all very in your face. The CW one is least offensive. We should've seen it coming when they did this:

Holy crap these are objectively hideous. I honestly don't know which one is the worst but they are all terrible designs. Volcano Bay and IOA had PERFECT logos and after over a decade of mocking Disney for dropping the possessive "s" from all of Disney's parks Universal decided to copy it? Really? Universal Epic Universe? Wtf does that even mean? Absolutely classic clown executive behavior here "fixing" things that aren't broken and making them worse and in some cases incoherent.

Time for me to dodge the stones I guess but I have a much less negative opinion. I feel like this is classic "I hate new stuff". Combine that with the internet, who hates everything anyway, and I feel like you get this reaction.

The IOA logo is going to be the biggest adjustment for me, but I don't hate it. The old one is a classic but I don't have this strong hate for it as I'm seeing everyone else have.
CityWalk (I guess its 2 words now) is the best of the bunch for me and I like it. The old one is very dated and I personally never liked it.
USF is basically the same as it was before.
VB, while it always had a nice logo, I like the movement of the water in the new one. No hardcore love or hate for this one.

The new logos bring the same design language to the whole resort, which from a brand perspective is a good thing.

Now, I WILL complain about dropping the 's from everything. Universal Volcano Bay, Universal Epic Universe, Universal Islands of Adventure. That I don't like in the slightest.

I thought we left gradients to die with Geocities?

Anyway I'm intrigued by the consumer products changes because I feel like they dropped the ball a bit with Puss in Boots. Why is there no Wolf or Ethical Bug plush? No unique apparel designs for Cocaine Bear is also a missed opportunity. If it was Warners, Hot Topic would be drowning in CB T-shirts at this point.

Last edited:
Time for me to dodge the stones I guess but I have a much less negative opinion. I feel like this is classic "I hate new stuff". Combine that with the internet, who hates everything anyway, and I feel like you get this reaction.

The IOA logo is going to be the biggest adjustment for me, but I don't hate it. The old one is a classic but I don't have this strong hate for it as I'm seeing everyone else have.
CityWalk (I guess its 2 words now) is the best of the bunch for me and I like it. The old one is very dated and I personally never liked it.
USF is basically the same as it was before.
VB, while it always had a nice logo, I like the movement of the water in the new one. No hardcore love or hate for this one.

The new logos bring the same design language to the whole resort, which from a brand perspective is a good thing.

Now, I WILL complain about dropping the 's from everything. Universal Volcano Bay, Universal Epic Universe, Universal Islands of Adventure. That I don't like in the slightest.

Eh a lot of stuff from the old days (and even the 2000s) look better than the “modern” ones; the problem is everything is so “corporate” now (even the whole world is affected by this). I hate the Citywalk logo because of its lack of personality.

For IOA and USF, as I said before, I think it’s the colors that everyone’s having a problem with. I personally don’t like the shade of blue and grey they give to rhe USF logo. I’m biased towards red so I kinda like the IOA one and none of the logos are in “HD” yet so the globe looks incomprehensible with the limited pixels.

Reactions: TCox91
I hate the Citywalk logo because of its lack of personality.

Idk, I think the neon "walk" casting a purple shadow as a real light would on the "city" shows personality.

Also, this logo was what Universal was using for CityWalk in some places before this change. I would say the new one is better. But I also think anything would be an improvement over the original CityWalk logo which looked like something an arcade would have in the 90s.

UO-Citywalk-logo-new.png

Last edited:
Eh a lot of stuff from the old days (and even the 2000s) look better than the “modern” ones; the problem is everything is so “corporate” now (even the whole world is affected by this). I hate the Citywalk logo because of its lack of personality.

For IOA and USF, as I said before, I think it’s the colors that everyone’s having a problem with. I personally don’t like the shade of blue and grey they give to rhe USF logo. I’m biased towards red so I kinda like the IOA one and none of the logos are in “HD” yet so the globe looks incomprehensible with the limited pixels.

Fonts, layouts, drop shadows, etc all are bad

Basically this. Maybe if/when the logos start appearing on the archway and lighthouse, there may be an uptick of "WTF?" - but otherwise, no one is gonna care that much. It's not THAT serious.
AFAIK, the Universal Studios archway logo has always remained the same over the years right?

Reactions: DodgsonHere
It's all fine-- just something for marketing materials. I think they may end up fine tuning some of it. Their logos and branding have always evolved over time.

Reactions: Mad Dog