Universal Parks & Resorts becomes Universal Destinations & Experiences, new park logos | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Parks & Resorts becomes Universal Destinations & Experiences, new park logos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Poor graphic designers. I feel bad for them. Designs were not my favorite, but it has to be hard to have a slice of the internet pan your work.

1) I find those who create the things generally know their faults the best (aka they probably were micromanaged to death with these) 2) they got paaaaaaid

There would have been hundreds of revisions on a project like this, getting another rejection isn’t going to mean much. Last week, I had to create a design for a dance show at the owners request of an old show building, almost creating it brick by brick taking hours only for it to be vetoed by a bunch of 4 year olds. The final version is basically an altered TikTok logo that took me 5mins max. It’s just how these things go.

These logos also feel like they’ve been created by a committee, just a hunch but I think the people working on these probably felt the same as the people working on Supercharged.

Reactions: Grabnar and Nico
Those logos feel like there was a disagreement about how they should look, and one person loved them and another hated them and finally the one that hated them decided to just release them to prove their point.

Reactions: Grabnar
Those logos feel like there was a disagreement about how they should look, and one person loved them and another hated them and finally the one that hated them decided to just release them to prove their point.
I feel like it was more of a rushed project.

This is sometimes the downfall with the speed at which Universal moves with certain projects

I think the concept as a whole is genius, but the logos were not their best work

Reactions: salismetho
Part of the problem with the new logos is that it adds to guest confusion as well when you show up at the parks and have to give a double take when the logos vary in person. Thankfully they seem to want to test them first before placing it everywhere.

Last I heard; weren’t the new logo for IOA plasted in the arcade near Doctor Doom?

BTW; anyone else seen these two concept logos for IOA? The first one was used for the preview center. I think these two are even cooler than the original logo…

ioa_g_3_1.jpg

ioa_g_3_2.jpg

Reactions: Rhian and belloq87