Universal Parks & Resorts becomes Universal Destinations & Experiences, new park logos | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Parks & Resorts becomes Universal Destinations & Experiences, new park logos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Regarding implementation in the parks...

As @Alicia said, a lot is mostly for marketing, banners, brochures, etc; but I really do think we may see the lighthouse emblem get an updated look. USF and VB got "updated tweaks" where they can leave stuff as is but IOA was a pretty big change. It wouldn't shock me if that is the plan. Maybe not an exact copy, but something along the lines of the new direction.

Regarding implementation in the parks...

As @Alicia said, a lot is mostly for marketing, banners, brochures, etc; but I really do think we may see the lighthouse emblem get an updated look. USF and VB got "updated tweaks" where they can leave stuff as is but IOA was a pretty big change. It wouldn't shock me if that is the plan. Maybe not an exact copy, but something along the lines of the new direction.

Are you referring to the emblem located in the actual lighthouse itself?

With IoA and EU having very similar logos I think they're trying to make them more distinct. It's probably a bigger priority to make sure EU maintains the logo that fits the park and is distinctive. At this point IoA is well established and doesn't need the evocative logo it has.

I think they realize the challenge of having two thematically similar parks with "adventure" logos. The compass rose of IoA is just too similar to the astrolabe/celestial compass that EU is using.

I think they realize the challenge of having two thematically similar parks with "adventure" logos. The compass rose of IoA is just too similar to the astrolabe/celestial compass that EU is using.

They've only made them more similar with these changes, though.

Despite sharing compass iconography, the traditional IOA logo was/is distinctive enough to exist alongside the EU logo.

With IoA and EU having very similar logos I think they're trying to make them more distinct. It's probably a bigger priority to make sure EU maintains the logo that fits the park and is distinctive. At this point IoA is well established and doesn't need the evocative logo it has.

They've only made them more similar with these changes, though.

Despite sharing compass iconography, the traditional IOA logo was/is distinctive enough to exist alongside the EU logo.
"Make the logos uniform and dissimilar" - Mark Woodbury, on what he had for breakfast

So this is a double post but I actually want to defend the Epic Universe updated logo.

epic-universe-logo.jpg

EPIC UNIVERSE stands out and is easy to read and with the focus on EPIC it makes name recognition easier, like ISLANDS of adventure or Universal Studios FLORIDA. This design is simplified with fewer details that can confuse the eye yet still has the essence of an astrolabe. Print this out and hang it across the room and you can tell what it is.

So this is a double post but I actually want to defend the Epic Universe updated logo.

View attachment 18500

EPIC UNIVERSE stands out and is easy to read and with the focus on EPIC it makes name recognition easier, like ISLANDS of adventure or Universal Studios FLORIDA. This design is simplified with fewer details that can confuse the eye yet still has the essence of an astrolabe. Print this out and hang it across the room and you can tell what it is.

My only issue is "Universal" needs more contrast from the gold border. It shouldn't stand out more than epic, but it shouldn't blend into the background either.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Just to point something out, the filename for the IOA logo is called 'universals-islands-adventure-logo-b.png'
The naming conventions for the website has b for small thumb square. A for wide hero pic. C for medium cropped. Etc. most images can be loaded in all formats is all. Just a web design thing, and more about how they’re cropped than different designs.

I love the new logo's, they are fresh and look part of one family.
I was a bit disappointed in the Epic Universe logo but it's growing on me and shows more universe.

View attachment 18500

This one has grown on me a lot, to a point that I think I prefer it now, but I still wish the middle had the constellation outlines from the original logo.